Monday, September 03, 2007

Just me and my camera

There is nothing I love more than taking a drive with nothing but some good music and my camera.
The guys were all gone doing their thing today, I started out doing some work in my room, but decided it was just too nice of a day to spend it all INSIDE. So I did one of my favorite things...grabbed my camera and some good CD's, gassed up the car and just drove!
I love it ...no real designation in mind, just country Roads for the most part.

It's Nebraska remember...

I saw alot , of all the things you expect to see in Nebraska. lol




and they saw me. lol Seriously..this cow just stared at me, like I was nuts. lol

While I was out ... and driving, I decided I was going to see if I could find this country cemetery near here. Just before we moved here, I found out that my Grandma was born, in this very area. I've only known her to live in SD and that is were she and my Grandpa are buried, but after doing some checking I've been meaning to check this small cemetery for my Grandmothers Maiden name. A number of people around here have given me directions, but the combination of ..me , not being that great with direction, and the directions being given my people who have lived here all there lives...( you know... turn at the old school house , go about 3 miles, turn North at the old Samson place and then a left at Herman's pasture.) lol I didn't have much luck this time. lol But I did run across this sweet little church , that did have a cemetery , just not the cemetery I was looking for.



Did a loop, and then headed back. The back of our house, is just inside that group of trees.





I was gone less that an hour and a half, but the dogs acted like I had been gone for days. They are spoiled, and used to at least one of us being around , most of the time.
I was feeling guilty for not taking them for the ride, because they like it so much,.. but I had just vacuumed my car.. and wasn't crazy about it being full of dog hair.


SO... we played when I got home.



They live for it, I tell ya! lol
Pretty laid back day around here... but that's just fine by me~! ahhh















10 comments:

Shawn said...

Love the country pics. You're right it is so nice to have a camera day! Love the little church pic!

Catherine said...

Looks like your drive was relaxing! I love just getting in the car and driving.... maybe I'll end up on your front stoop someday!! LoL!!

Michelle said...

Hey Vicki! I think Surrey is closer then Abbotsford...maybe a little more than half an hour? anyways, I didn't know Crafty Secrets was Canadian..cool! Love the pictures you posted today, too!

Precious Treasures said...

Oh Vicki, I have been putting in 12-16 hour days lately and looking at your pictures was just what I needed. They were so relaxing!!! You are such a great photographer!

On another note I am getting more people for classes finally. People always wait until the last minute.

Nat said...

I love those photos!!!

janel said...

Such a treat. Our family always went for a "ride" every Sunday...often around country roads, where we would "collect" milkweed pods, hedge apples, cattails, etc. Loved that picture of the church. I have lots of relatives in the cemetary in Glenwood. Wish I was able to explore it too! Enjoyed the photos, thanks for the mini-trip!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Fun photo safari!

Sharon in NE said...

Next time, you just drive north to my house. I've got LOTS of projects you can work on. Oh my goodness....LOTS of projects. Bring old clothes and of course, the refrigerator is always empty, except for some yogurts...but we'll laugh a lot!

MJ said...

I love it when you take us on road/walking trips!

Pattyjo said...

Great pictures! I am going to be AOL for a while. I will be in Alaska visiting.