Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Crafty Secrets stamp set peek

OH... I'm loving the new mini , ART stamp set Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage will be releasing soon. Wings, Crown, wand, sheet music, music notes, little bird, bracket , and cool face image. I'm going to wear this set out!!!

I should have taken these photos earlier.. the sun was already starting to go down, by the time I got around to it.

I had this little paper machae trunk in my supply closet, so I pulled it out and used a number of different colors of Glimmer Mist on it, and let them blend. I wish you could see the end result better... I love the mix of color, and boy to they work great on paper machae. My friend Shawn

Bonorama Mama used it on a paper machae pumpkin and it turned out gorgeous. I had to give it a whirl.... and it works great.



I used gold embossing powder on the wings crown and wand.

Who is the baby , you ask? umm... I have no idea. lol but she's pretty cute huh? lol It was just one if the vintage photos I got at the treasure/junk shop, a while back.


See that random stamping in the background that looks like sheet music? It's one of the stamps on the set also.

The word "ART" is all one stamp. I cut the tips of the strip of paper and then used the gold embossing powder on them.

The papers I used are from the Classic Paper Pad. The pink label below is also one from the sheet of labels in the Classic Paper Pad.



I covered the top of the lid with one of my favorite papers from the Classic papers , and then spritzed it with some of the same colors of Glimmer Mist I used on the rest of the trunk, for continuity.

Actually I worked on this project yesterday and had it all uploaded and saved on my blog today, knowing that I would be spending most of the day in Lincoln, while Brent(nephew) , had his back surgery....BUT... as luck would have have it... I had car trouble about 15 miles from home, and had to make the choice to turn around and come back. ( but he is now out of surgery and doing well) I was so bummed , and felt like poo for not being able to be there, but it was 4:30am , dark, with no one on the roads and the car smelled really hot. I knew it wasn't wise to push it and get stranded, so I turned around. I had the cooler packed and in the car .. I was all showered and awake, and ..........cant go anywhere!!! What do people do at that pathetic time of day? lol I am NOT a morning person! lol I tried to do some work at the computer ,but it was so boring , I got to a point I could hardly keep my eyes open. .. SO makeup on and hair curled... I went back to bed! ( and you just know... it was a good hair day!!!) Why does it always work out that way... important event... there isn't enough hair spray or gel in the universe to make my hair look decent... Going NOWHERE... guaranteed good hair day! Never fails! lol
Anyway, before I stop my endless rambling, I wanted to remember to mention the cool kit my Amazingly talented friend Catherine has coming up at Heart and Hand . She has it posted on her blog.... Check it out. I LOVE IT! That girl does amazing work!
Okay, kids... until tomorrow....















8 comments:

Shawn said...

That glimmer mist covers paper mache perfectly doesnt it! Love your little treasure chest! You are so creative! Glad to hear the surgery went well. Car problems are a pain!

Precious Treasures said...

Vicki, Can you add that stamp set to my order? It is adorable! Also call me about doing some displays for the store. Your work is just breathtaking!!!! You never cease to amaze me.

smiles....
amy

Deb S. said...

OK you are the queen of all that is creative my friend!those stamps are very cool by the way!

Jessrose21 said...

I love what you did with the trunk. That would be a unique way to display family photos (even if they're not your family!) Thanks for the sneak peek!

Nat said...

this is sooo awesome- I love this!!!!

Michelle said...

You make the nicest things! Thanks for sharing!

Stampin' D'Amour said...

Oh WOW!!! LOVE it!!! FABULOUS!!! Big CRAFTY SECRETS FAN right here!!!

I'm glad I checked in! :0)

-pamela

D@nielle said...

I just love this !