Wednesday, September 26, 2007

ScrapMuse Sept Kit Projects

Sharing a few of my Sept ScrapMuse Kit projects. Once again.. it was a beautiful kit and the Design Team just did amazing things with it... so check out the gallery if you get a chance.
and now that the members have their kits and will be uploading , be sure to check the Members gallery, to see that beautiful things they create.
Besides my ScrapMuse kit, on this altered project, I used some twigs from the yard and part of a cardboard box, ( and of course the little hanger it's displayed on).
This photo is my moms side of the family. "Stoltenberg"

Lots of distressing and inking going on here. This is my favorite kind of project... I could mess around with a project like this for hours , if I didn't stop myself. It's so relaxing ..I just get lost in it.

Loved using all the "textury" stuff... burlap, twigs, cardboard, ect.




Of course, I couldn't resist, giving it all a touch of "Iridescent Gold" Glimmer Mist.

I love using my CatEye inks from Colorbox... and Chestnut Roan.. is my current color obsession! LOVE IT!






The little girl in the front with her hands on the little boys shoulders , is my mom. The little boy is my Uncle Al and the other little girl to the left is my Aunt Viv. My Great Grandparents are right behind them. My Grandma is along the far right side, standing behind the boy with the hat.
I love photos like this!!



The project below is an altered photo holder, from back in the day. lol The kiddos in the photo are my dh and his sister. Lov'n that Fancy Pants Felt!

And the layout below is my beautiful Mom. Who would believe she's celebrated her 85th birthday? She is one amazing lady.

The note paper with lines , I used was white, I just spritzed it with "Pink Grapefruit" Glimmer Mist to have it match my other Kit papers.

My nephew is having surgery tomorrow , so I'm going to Lincoln to keep his wife Diana company and sit with her while he's in . It's back surgery, and I'm sure things will all go fine, but please keep him in your Prayers if you would. ... Along with my dear friend Chris ,who will be having surgery tomorrow in Omaha. Thanks!

Okay.. off to work on a fun project for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. Hope to be able to share it with you soon.

Hope you enjoy the day! It's a sunny , but cool, beautiful fall day here today... and I love it!!

11 comments:

Pattyjo said...

Gee I did'nt know the kit also included the stamps...thats awesome.
You know...Your mother is such a beautiful woman.
you can tell her too.

Charmingdesigns said...

I Love this! So artistic! Fun to see all things going on! Cant wait to see what you do next!! Laurie

Sharon in NE said...

I love these. I love the old family photo and how you honored it. The photo page of your mom is wonderful. Your mom is so beautiful. Her eyes so warm and you know I'm so glad you captured her hand. (Its even highlighted) There's something about my parents' hands that I don't EVER want to forget.
I really think we should get your 85 year old mom together with my 85 year old mom for a play date. Although they'd probably wear us out. ; )

Jessrose21 said...

That first picture looks so cool with the rough textures and metallic embellishing! Where do you get those cool vintage coat hangers? I see them all over and now I "need" one. LOL!

Angie said...

Amazing work Vicki!
Your mom looks a lot younger than
85. She is a beauty!

Nat said...

Looove your work - you did such an amazing layouts with the kit!!!

Shawn said...

I love your old family photos. What a great idea! I agree your mom is so pretty she doesn't even look like she's in her 80's! Keeping your nephew and friend in my prayers. Lincoln has wonderful hospitals. I'm sure he is in good hands. :)

janel said...

How do you do it? Gorgeous. I love the layering, and the textures.....and of course, the photos that you have are treasures.....just like you are to YOUR family and friends! Enjoy the day!

Helle Greer said...

Vicki, you did an AwesOMe job with your heritage photos, what a treasure to have such great shots.
Your mom is just gorgeous I just want to give her a hug, but can you do it for me, and say it's from California?
Miss ya,
helle

KardKrazy said...

Love ALL your projects. Especially love the way you hung the first one with the hanger and clips. So creative.
BTW, your lovely comment on my blog today was just what I needed to start my day with a smile!

Helen & Co. said...

Totally amazing!