Monday, October 15, 2007

Feather pillows....I love em!

Today's post is about family.. like I've said before , my blog , although about scrapbooking and paper crafting , is still very much about "Family" also. They just go hand in hand for me.
I have to tell you, I just spent the last couple of days at my Aunts in South Dakota with my mom, just visiting with family.... I didn't watch TV once, or log on a computer, I didn't shop, or even scrap....but I did....
Sleep in a cozy bed, with feather pillows, and a pink Chenille bedspread , with a beautiful photo of my Grandparents on the wall..
and I did eat my Aunt Vivs homemade rolls for breakfast.....
and I did, sit and look through tons of old photos, and listen to my mom and Aunt talk about what life was like growing up 80 years ago, about my Grandparents and Great Grandparents, and I listen to them laugh about things they hadn't thought about in years ... and it was wonderful!!!
Tomorrow I will post projects , but until then.. .sharing some photos that touched me
Above is my Great Grandma Stoltenberg, my Grandma Bendig , my mom and I, when I was a baby.

My sister Donna



My mom










My dad ,on the far left.


My sister Donna



My sister's Sharon and Donna and my brother Gary.



















This photo just tickled me... it's my Grandmas Extension Club photo. ( she was a member for 50 years!) She is in the back row by the doors , far left.
In the photo above my mom is in the center in white and my Aunt Viv is holding the baby.
Below ...Mom and Aunt Viv looking through all these photos and reminiscing (60 some years later)
The weekend was really nice. We got to spend some with my Aunt and Uncle also. It was just so relaxing and enjoyable!
I'm thinking this is the kind of "vacation" we all need , once in a while.
















14 comments:

Deb S. said...

i'm so glad you had a good time with your mom and aunt viv! i love to sit and look at old photos and reminice. sounds like fun! glad your back safe & sound!

Jill De said...

That's what I call a wonderful vacation! Thanks for sharing, your entry has been a gentle reminder of how important and valuable it is to spend time with our family members and loved ones.

You have some fantastic photos for future nostalgic layouts. How exciting!

Jami said...

Yes that is my kind of vacation. I also love looking at old photos and spending time with family. I am happy to hear that you had a fun and relaxing time.

Catherine said...

Looks like a lovely time. My mom has a chenille spread like that, exactly like that....I'm gonna have to confiscate it... ;-)

Pattyjo said...

What a great time! I love seeing pictures of your family and reading about them. You sure can make the past come alive on your blog! You are extremely talented!

Malissa Ayala said...

As a person born in SD and with lots of family still there, I have to ask where you were visiting??? I don't seem to run across many people that have roots there!

Sugar Bear said...

Hearing old family stories is one of my favorite things. It looks like there are some great family photos and a lot of love.
Hugs,
Karla

Jessrose21 said...

Sounds like you had a really nice time. I love seeing the old-fashioned hairstyles and dresses.

Sharon in NE said...

That is nice...and you know that meant so much to your mom and aunt that they could be together.

(Too bad you couldn't swipe a pillow.)

;)

janel said...

Oh such wonderful memories. Did you happen to turn on a tape recorder while they were talking? I so wish I would have done that with my aunts and my mom....Those pictures are treasures, and the time you spent with them...is priceless. And, I know they loved having their "little Vicki" with them. Thanks for sharing!

Shawn said...

Sounds like you had a nice visit! I love the pictures too. :)

Pam/Iris said...

Oh Vicki, those times are the best aren't they? I too love to hear the stories our families can tell!
My mom is 82, all her siblings are gone now, she's the baby in the family Ü

Linda SS said...

This vacation is one you will treasure forever. I may not have gotten to taste those scrumptious looking rolls, but I appreciate that you shared your fabulous family photos with us:) Priceless!

HB said...

That bed just looks like a spot of heaven - all comfy, snuggly! And those ROLLS!! YUMMO!
Glad you had a wonderful time Vic, missed you!