Sunday, October 07, 2007

Fun with the Tillys!




I linked a Tilly Video , if you want to check it out. Neely (our niece) is the one with the long brown hair in the video.
I'm just now getting around to blogging..because I was pooped! lol I'm not used to staying up quite as late as I did last night. We had so much fun last night , going to Omaha to see the Tilly's play , at Rob's new club, the "Slowdown". What a totally cool place his has. The kind of venue Omaha needs. The Tilly's were playing for the Grand opening for "Urban Outfitters" who just open right next door to the Slowdown.
It was so nice... Rob had tables reserved for us up in the balcony, straight out from the stage.
We all road up together ( my brothers ,Ray and Dan, and their wives Linda and Lori), and then met the others their. It was fun to all hang out together, We had a ball!


There were ALOT of people there, so I'm glad we had such a nice spot , up off the main floor.
You can kind of see here , how it wraps around and has two levels. Neely was telling us that Rob has the room for the bands to get ready in before the show, set up so great, when a shower and even a washer and dryer.

The Tilly's put on a Stellar performance as usual. They are such a totally fun band to watch perform live.


It was extra fun because so many of us got to go to this show. I'm so blessed to be part of a family who is so supportive of each other, and of each others kids . We all had so much fun. Just wished the "whole" fam , could have been there...the far away ones too!
Neely met all of us before the show , so we got a chance to be with her before she had to go on.



Above is a shot of , some of us , outside of Robs club.






To the right are my nieces, Neely and Kiley.


Below pictures where inside Urban Outfitters, before the show.
Looks like Neely is pretty happy to have her Uncles there... and maybe to give them some fashion tips. lol


My eyes look pretty red and my makeup pretty messy here, and you'll understand after I tell you what happened and why I was in tears.
When the Tilly's were on stage, between songs, Neely was thanking the audience and the band members families for coming to the show... and at the end ,she said "My Aunt Vicki is here tonight and it's her Birthday... So I need your help.. I'm going to count to three ,and then I want you all to yell , HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT VICKI!!!" I can not even begin to tell you how cool that was. I was SO touched! It was defiantly a great birthday!












It's dark in there. so these aren't the best shots, but if you want to see them bigger just click on them.



TILLY AND THE WALL (their site)


After the show, we went to breakfast.. at the new dinner...but let me tell you.. it was BRIGHT in there for going on 3am. Lori put on her shades ..and the whole fam joined in... (yeah..that would be my funny brother wearing Kiley's sunglasses. Always the jokester!
I laughed so much my sides hurt!
The food was good ..and we didnt even get kicked out for being to LOUD with our laughing. lol

Totally fun night, and perfect way you start my B day!












































13 comments:

stampqueen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! HAPPY BIIRRTHDAYY, HAPPPY BIRRRTHDAYYY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Believe me you are glad you didn't really have to listen to me sing :).
Cheers
Tera

janel said...

Thais is just the BEST post! Makes me smile thinking about it.What a fabulous birthday. I would have loved to have heard everyone wishing you a happy birthday! What a special evening! Great fun, great memories, and great family.......what a super way to celebrate! Happy happy days to you my friend!

Contessa Kris said...

Hey! Happy birthday! A little birdy mentioned you were celebrating (aka: Catherine MS). Hope your birthday was fabulous. I celebrated mine on Saturday as well. Not as young as you are but lots of good years left in me! lol Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the concert and afterwards for 'breakfast!'

Nat said...

Happy Birthday Sweets!!! Love hte Tilly pictures- hey- if they come to Germany - they gotta bring you ;-)

StaceyM said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! Sound like you did by the awesome post and getting to see the Tilly's on stage.

May all your wishes and dreams come true for this new year!!!

Happy Birthday Vicki!

chelemom said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great birthday!!!!

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday Vic!

Sugar Bear said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Vicki! I hope you had a great day. Definitely sounds and looks like it got off to a fabulous start! I can feel the love you have for your family and they have for you!
Karla

MJ said...

Happy belated birthday, Vicki! Sounds like you celebrated it in style! Best wishes for the year ahead!

Jami said...

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday, and awesome pictures of the Tilly's. Happy Birthday Vic!!!

Pattyjo said...

That is just awesome! I can't think of a more awesome thing to do for you than what Tilly did! I would have cried like a baby!

Sharon in NE said...

You just make everyone else feel so special, you shouldn't be surprised when your family and friends return it back. I'm SO glad Tilly honored you that way. You deserve all that happiness!

~missprissme said...

What another wonderful story you share with blogoland. Happy Birthday! ~best