Thursday, October 04, 2007

Glimmer Mist projects

I have to tell you , every time I work with Glimmer Mist , I find a new cool technique ..that has a beautiful look. Last night, I took a plain white piece of 12x12 paper and laid a cut piece of lace (I think from a cheapy table runner , or something.. nothing fancy) and laid it down over the paper as a stencil, and just spritzed Gimmer Mist over it. The effect was gorgeous! And the piece of lace....well that's gorgeous also!


This was another simple white $store flower. I spritzed with Glimmer Mist and let dry. When it was dry , I pulled the plastic center out of it, and put a large flat brad in , instead ,to hold the flower together. Then I added a little decorative metal piece and a gem to the brad.
To darken the edges of the petals I just took my "Chestnut Roan" Colorbox Cat Eye ink and ran it over the edges a number of times quickly.
...............................
The "Script" stamp I used randomly on the edges is an Inky Antics stamp ..that I honestly used to be so obsessed with .. I used it constantly!!! I was so sad because one time after teaching a class, I couldn't find it... (and never did)... so my sweet sister , knowing how much I loved that stamp.. actually GAVE ME HER'S! Thanks sissy!!... I still love that stamp!
..............................
I did also do the faux stitching with the tracing wheel around the edges. (just cause I have to) lol
For the paper I used on the back side, I just used a plain white piece of paper again, only this time ,..using the same colors .. I just spritzed on puddles of the different Glimmer Mist colors and then used a brayer to move them around. ( using your heat gun... will really speed up the drying time ... although it is water based , so it dries pretty quickly anyway)
It comes out with a really cool marbling effect.



The butterfly is a pin I made using Heidi Swapp (XL ghost shapes). I just used a scrap of the paper I had made for the project above and traced the clear butterfly shape and cut it out.
I then spritzed the clear butterfly with "Harvest Orange" and "Iridescent Gold" Glimmer Mist, and set it aside to dry.(it will be up for a different effect... just let it set until it's completely dry)
From there , I just embellished with the metal piece in the middle, added gems to the metal embellishment, and hot glued it to the clear butterfly. Adhere the paper butterfly to the clear one the same way. (you can sandwich the wire antenna's between the butterfly layers if you want ,and hot glue them in place.) Then I hot glued a pin back on. ...and your finished.





You can see the paper butterfly better in the photo below. I inked the edges so that it would stand out a bit more.




I used some of the same brayered papers to make the card below.... then I just used similar colors of Cat Eye inks to stamp the peacock feather image , randomly on the background piece.
The Peacock feather stamp is a Stampendous stamp.


Glimmer Mist has a blog now!!!


And then , I have to share with you the beautiful "pink" platter my sister Jan gave me for my birthday.( I'm not really a year older until Sunday... I still have 3 more days to be 29) LOL
It's so beautiful! I have it setting out right here,..just so I can enjoy it!
I love the way there is a completely different gorgeous design on the bottom.


ps... I guess it would be pretty unrealistic for me to think I could make you believe I'm still 29, since my first born will have his 25th birthday on Wed. lol Yikes... I really feel OLD now!
Oh well... age is just a number right??





















20 comments:

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
That buterfly is really beautiful!!! And I love the marble effect on the back of the journal - maybe you should show that technique to Pat at Technigue Junkies!!!
Tera

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday early! Love all your glimmer mist projects! It works really well on transparancies also :) Your card is so pretty, love the marble effect.

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday wishes coming your way via Priority Mail....hope you don't have to wait until Tuesday
!! I just love that butterfly!

Scrappermania said...

Hola! Como siempre tus trabajos, espectacularmente bellos! Pero la mariposa esta bellisima! Gracias por los tips! Me encantan tus trabajos!
Saludos
Desde México.

Charmingdesigns said...

Happy Birthday to you. My daughter turned 25 last March...how is it we can stay 29 for years???lol Love your goodies! Laurie

HB said...

You know Vic, if I'm ever granted that one *wish of a lifetime* I'm gonna come to NE and sit in a corner of your room and watch you create for days and days and days.
You and Glimmer Mist were just made for each other!!!

janel said...

Every time I look at your projects, i am blown away. You make it sound so easy and well...it is so elegant, and so YOU! What a creative soul you are..and a very young one at that! yea......hopefully that package will be there for your 29th! :)

Jessrose21 said...

That shimmery lace pattern is really gorgeous, it almost looks like fabric. I love the idea for the flower, too.

Nat said...

oh I love the butterfly!!! I used the lace with glimmer mist on farbrique -works fab too!!

Dawn B said...

I love everything that you create, especially the butterfly. I just wish I could work in the craft industry as my "real" job, that is my goal within the next 2 years to find a job that I "love" to go to and enjoy everyday. Thanks for always sharing your wonderful creations with us.

Sugar Bear said...

Okay - that is it! I was sold before but now for sure my To Do List:
1. Find Glimmer Mist
2. Buy all the Glimmer Mist I can get my hands on!
Karla

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Happy Birthday! I hope your pretty pink plate gets filled with yummy cake on Sunday!

Pearl Maple said...

Appreciate your sharing all the techniques for glimmer mist. We don't have it in this area but will be travelling to Canada in a few weeks and will be sure to keep an eye out for some.

BrigitteS said...

Simply stunning !! and ...love that butterfly !!!

Peggy said...

First of all, Many Happy Returns of the Day - hope you are having a great celebration! I love the book - it is really AMAZING and the ghost butterfly ... well, I have to try that. Love your style. Oh and I have that sewing tape runner thing... great use! Found your page through scrapscene.

Tammy Tutterow said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Love the new platter. I confess that I hoard several pieces of Shell Pink myself. Now that you have one piece you will need more!

scrappa jack said...

Beautiful work. The butterfly is fantastic

cindy said...

I love your ideas on Glimmer Mist. Thank you. I've seen it at the stamp store and I hesitated to buy because I was'nt sure what to do with it. Now I will. If I can just decided what to color to get. LOL.

alice k. said...

This is just so incredible! Love this book, the lace, the flower, the butterfly and all!!

Pattyjo said...

Well Happy Birthday! Hey, what a coincidence! I'm 29 too! Well I have been told that I am a young Grandma.LOL!