Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good thing I love being at home...

because I'm locking myself in until I get caught up on some projects! I have been working on supply lists and directions for some projects for the Design Originals book I was telling you about.. and let's just say, I'd always rather be getting my hands messing in ink and paint than typing out supply lists. lol I have to say though, that the projects have been lots of fun and I can't wait to see the book and what the other girls that are contributing have come up with. Not sure on the release date , but I post more about that , when I do know.
********
See how I help you out with the divisions between my subjects? lol I thought that was the least I could do , that way I tend to bounce from one totic to another.lol
Just ask any of my family or friends, when I'm going full speed ahead, I have a hard time sticking with one train of thought. Bare with me... (hope the **** help) lol
It's probably a good thing I'm locked in working, and and enjoying being home because the next three weekends are "away" weekends. California next weekend, then teaching in Albion for the Birthday Bash, and the off to teach and Canada.. and see my girls there!
Since I cant share alot of the things I've been working on, I'm just sharing some boring pics of "home sweet home"... (sorry , but I have to have photos...it was this or the dogs, and I think you've seen your share of the dogs)

I love Autumn and you can tell from the colors on the main floor , there is just something warm and cozy about golds and browns to me.

My friend Debs hubby made these tin stars for all the girls in our scrap group last year. What a guy!

I'm "all about" lamps. I hate big bright overhead lights. It's been driving me nuts lately because all of the sudden Dan is turning on every light in the house the minute it gets dark and he needs to see something. I turn them off, ... he turns them on! grrr... I finally figured it out... although he wont admit he needs glasses...he does! Oh the joys of getting older!
I've been wearing glasses since 3rd grade... I say.. just get some glasses and leave the stinking bright lights off!lol ( I dont wanna see the dust)lol






I love sunflowers... and for $3.49 I had to treat myself. I love having them on the table. I'm amazed at how long they last.




I really don't buy seasonal decorations that much any more, simply because I have so many, and don't get half of them out , the way it is, but I loved this pumpkin when I saw it in the little shop mom and I stopped in on our way to SD, and the price was right, so I HAD TOO! ( I did.. I just HAD too) lol




I don't think I shared these...but if I did, sorry. When I met my friend Chris at Venice Antiques last week, I just feel in love with this old lamp shade. The lamp is just one I had, because trust me the one that came with the shade was UGLY!!! You know how you see something and it just strikes you for some reason, and you have to have it? Well that's how I felt about this shade.

The ambiance when it's lit is so cozy.




Then I found this little bag and pretty hankies. I thought the hankies would be fun to wrap little gifts in.








Today I had my chat over at Creative Scrap Shack and those girls were all just sooo nice! I felt so welcome there! Thanks girls!!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!! and....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!!!!

12 comments:

Heartinmyhand said...

Oh I love your Halloween. I like the simplicity of just a few special items.

Natasha Burns said...

i agree with the above comment, it's very special and that pumpkin you found is adorable!

Shabbychick Junk said...

OMG! I just bought that same little bag in a different fabric! Check out my cupboard photo, I have it hanging on the cupboard! LOL!

Pattyjo said...

I will be in line to get your book when it comes out!

Shawn said...

Love all your home pictures, I am the same way about lights. I made Corey install dimmer switches on all the overhead lights! Have fun traveling sounds like you have a busy month ahead!

janel said...

Enjoy the day as it is snowing here, and I think it is going your way. Hoping you get those lists all finished, and can have some "tea time" in that cozy house of yours! Love all your posts!!!

Michelle said...

Your decorative touch is fabulous! I especially love that cut out pumpkin!!

Precious Treasures said...

Your photographs are "healing". Hubby brought up my laptop while he visited today. Your fall photos were just what the doctor orderd. HUZ!!!..amy

Sharon in NE said...

I can't resist buying little handkerchiefs. My grandmother use to put one with some money in every birthday card I got when I was little.

I know what you mean about the lighting. Our home has canned lights everywhere and they're all dimmable. LOVE that. (I just remind my husband how much more beautiful I am in dimmer lighting. This comment, of course, results in a whole litany of insulting jokes, but we have fun.)

Charmingdesigns said...

Love seeing your home. so beautiful, warm and cozy! Laurie

MJ said...

I understand why you love that pumpkin! It is great!

Deb S. said...

vic your house looks so cozy. i love your new pumpkin. i think i'll drive out and curl up on your new sofa and take in all your goodies!!!