Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm not rushing winter.. I promise

I certainly can wait for Halloween before I start thinking about snowmen...but I couldn't resist this when I saw it at Micheal's. (and for a whopping $2) lol It was all just unfinished wood, but I could certainly see the potential for some serious "paper cuteness" happening.

The only thing I added to him other than papers and embellishments was this chipboard flower, because I just thought his hat was needing a little something. When I was all finished I (of course), spritzed the entire snowman with Glimmer Mist (Pearl). I wish you could see better, how cool it looks on him... it made him really look "Frosty".























Like I always say.. the very best thing about
blogging, is the friends I've made, from all over the world. And what a "small world" it can be at times. Tera ran across my blog and after reading a few posts, started putting two and two together , and had pretty much figured out I had to live very near where she grew up and where much of her family still lives. She emailed me , and I her... now we are good buddies. She was back visiting her mom this past week, so we got to get together for lunch. It was so fun to get to meet in real life. Paper Crafters that we are... We certainly didn't run out of things to talk about. Sure you don't want to move back to Nebraska Tera? lol




Oh... I meant to share with you the other day.. the great bargains I found in a small town "Variety store" (yes, that was the name)lol, on the way home from SD.
The smaller pieces of lace and trim were actually some that my Aunt gave me from her sewing stash...but the big bunches of beautiful wide lace, I got for 25 CENTS A YARD!!
ummmm..... so I bought ALOT!! lol
But I know it will be so great for classes.. and for my own projects.

I knew if I didn't buy a bunch .. it would be one of those things I would be kicking myself about later. I don't know if am more obsessed with lace or buttons? It's about a toss up , at this point! lol

I had a couple of SD readers email me wondering where I was in SD. ... Bonesteel, Herrick, Gregory area. I found these sales in Spencer NE. on the way home.

Leave it to me , to find a place to SHOP (and a SALE) in a town with only a two block long Main street! lol

14 comments:

chelemom said...

This is sooo darling! I love the soft colors! And it really is great when you can meet blogger friends in person!

Scrappermania said...

Love the colors! Sweet!

Heartinmyhand said...

Hi this is my first time stopping by. The snowman is so cute. I feel Michale's calling me. Love your site

janel said...

Oh, those are the best places to shop. What a darling snow-baby! Cute, cute!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love what you did to that snowman!!! So cute!! Laurie

stampqueen said...

Whoa do I need to work on my photogenic skills !!!LOL Very cute snowman!!! I don't think I will ever get the Hubby to move back anywhere that has snow but you are more than welcome to come visit me any time - I have the beach and the ocean and know all the good little variety/junk/thrift/antique places to shop to boot!!!
And did I mention the BEACH and the OCEAN :)
Love ya - mean it !!!! (to quote one of my younger, perky coworkers :)
Tera

Catherine said...

looks like I need to come and shop with you!!

Pattyjo said...

I love the bolt of lace color, it looks so antique. I have some chip board, but I am still afraid to mess with it. I am afraid of ruining it, until I learn more about it. It is pretty new stuff, I am still using paper and stamps. When I get brave, I am going to try something cute, like the snowman.

Sharon in NE said...

Cute snowman!!! Love the "notebook" paper base.
Great finds in Spencer!
I love shopping stores and finding good stuff!!

Patty said...

love your altered snowman, love how you used the soft colors.

patty
www.paperpiecingpatty.blogspot.com

Pearl Maple said...

That is the cutest snowman, your choice of papers and trims are just perfect.

Michelle M White said...

So cut and so creative!!! (as usual!) I love the colors.

Kristina Lewis said...

WOW! This is soooo darling! You have such talent! I think he needs a home in Minnesota :)!!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Love the laces. One day, I hope to visit you, friend!
Lidy