Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Quick Halloween projects

I was thinking today about the fact that life is busy and not everyone has time for majorly time consuming projects.. so I did a few simple.. but fun ones , using images from only one sheet of Crafty Secrets Halloween Cuts and 1 sheet of paper. I love these images so much..they are the first product I ever worked with of CS's ,when I first ran across them a few years ago. I love all the new things ..but these will always be some of my favorites! The first project is a done with a clear tag , and a clear oval embellishment from PageFrames.
The yummy orange and black diamond patterned paper , it from the Crafty Secrets, Earthy Paper Pad
I added the image to the oval embellishment by brushing on a coat of Diamond Glaze over the image, after I had trimmed it to fit, and placed the clear embellishment on top.
Those ribbons where so fun I couldn't resist them when I saw them for $1 , at Dollar General!


I used Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, double sided photo tape to add the black lace trim to the back of the embellishment, before adding it to the clear tag. I used foam squares to adhere it to the tag to give it more lift. This was easy also. I'm sure you can just use a little milk carton..this was filled with "whoppers"
I thought it would make a cute little Halloween treat holder.


Simple card! ( I'm loving that little orange and black Martha Stewart string)


This is just a jar I had around here ,so I just tied some ribbon around it and hung one of the little "Memory Frames" on, that I had added a Halloween image too, and a piece of "Memory Glass". (Ranger products)
These snap together are just WAY easy.... just slide it in and bend down the little metal tab to latch it shut.
Ahhh... some days "easy" is good!



Okay... now I get to show you my FUN mail today! My sweet friend Cat, had told me this was in the mail... and I've been stalking the mail carrier ..because there was no mail yesterday!
I can not even begin to tell you just how Gorgeous this is in real life! Catherine is truly one of my very favorite artists... I find her work SO inspiring! If you like this .. you should check out some of the things shes putting in her etsy shop!
Her first book is out.. "Sewing on Paper" and soon... we'll be able to get "ART from the Heart", and I CANT WAIT!



by:Catherine Matthews-Scanlon

And...... then more fun!!! The fun stuff below is from Janel Brown. We met online and have become the best of friends. The only problem is ...she's in Colorado.. I want her in Nebraska! lol
Janel is now apart of the Crafty Secrets Design Team... and we're so happy to have her!





I am a nut for detail.... so I loved this.... check it out.









By: Janel Brown

And then look at this bunch of fun stuff. Woo Hoo. More fun stuff from PageFrames. Fontworks goodies this Month! Gorgeous stuff! Cant wait to play!



Okay, I know I've been telling you about the Glimmer Mist Giveaway.....................
All the detail tomorrow!!! PROMISE!!!
Have a wonderful evening!









8 comments:

Tara said...

WOW...such great Halloween goodies! I love the cute little jar with candy corns!! Makes me even more anxious for Halloween!! :)

janel said...

Hey birthdays and Halloween should be all about wonderful goodies! Darling projects Vicki...and your blog is just a treat! Thanks for all your work/love/effort in every thing you do!

Catherine said...

I love your little whopper container, and I love whoppers too!! Have a great day. xox.

Nat said...

wow- aewsome projects!!!

Monica said...

Cute stuff!
I really like that clear tag..adorable!

D@nielle said...

ooooh such eyecandy ! Too bad we don't celebrate halloween over here, well the shops do but not the dutch families ....

Sugar Bear said...

I love the Halloween projects! Gotta try some! I looked at the Tattered Angels site today and waaa - no stores in CT sell Glimmer Mist! But I contacted my local scrapbook store and strongly suggested she look into carrying it and she agreed! Yay!
Karla

Scrappermania said...

Great Projects!