Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Round Page Frame and Fancy Pants Sweet Pea Collection

Today, I finally photographed the Page Frame/Fancy Pants Project that I worked on the other day. It's been really windy the last few days, so it's hard to photograph anything outside, the way I like to. I think the temperature change and the crazy wind is what has been giving me sinus headaches lately. I have one again to day... I'm hoping it passes soon!
This project was done on a round Page Frame, by using a Fancy Pants clear overlay on the back side and then the photo and pieces from the "Titles and Tags" from the "Sweet pea collection).
Is Kirstyn just the sweetest? (another proud aunt alert!) lol Oh , I think , she is just a little doll!
All of these pieces are from the Titles and tags sheet , with the exception of the stem and two petals.
I just inked the edges in the different colors , using Colorbox CatEye inks by Clearsnap. I love how easy those inks are to use...especially for tight areas.

I added a little bit of fine silver glitter to the edges of the wings , and then spritzed all the edges of the entire clear Page Frame with "Pearl" Glimmer Mist. I wish you would see how beautifully the Glimmer Mist shimmers on the clear frame... I love it!


Just because I seriously OBSESSED with pompom trim, I had to add some to the bottom. lol


Today, I had to run into Fremont and make sure I had all my stuff in for my Passport, so I'm ready to go to Canada to teach in Nov. I didnt have to have one the last time I went , so I almost forgot. I hate to have pay the extra $60 to speed up the process, but thankful to have the option at this point.
While I was right there at the courthouse, I had to just run in and check "The Junction" (junk/treasure) store.





These are the only things I came home with today,but I'm still pretty happy with them. I love the old pants hangers and even the wooden hangers. I have big plans for some altered projects, involving them.
And the window pane ... well, I've had an idea for some for my kitchen ,for some time now, and with a wash of white paint , this will be perfect. (esp. for $4) lol
Now I just need some time to get it done. Time... more time please!!!
I'll share it with you when I get it done... hopefully soon!




just a little hint... Wendy from Tattered Angels has given me the go ahead for a little Glimmer Mist give away... soooooon. lol
Have a great night!!





22 comments:

Precious Treasures said...

I LOVE the Junction! I used to clean our pastors house every week in Fremont and miss stopping by there. Looks like you got some good things! The only thing open when I can shop is ebay and I spend way too much time on there in the middle of the night. hahahaha

Catherine said...

oh I need to win that Glimmer Mist !! I NEEEEEEEEEEED some! LOL. Love your little page frames - very cute!

Marie said...

Would you believe that I was just about to google where to find Glimmer Mist in Australia??? You love it so much and I would love to actually see what it looks like.You have me very intrigued.

stampqueen said...

Time, all I need is time - I always say I can manage the budget fairly well, I just need more time, but if I didn't have to work I'd have more time - so I guess it all boils down to $$ anyhow eh LOL
Your neice is adorable!!! I am still trying to get my last batch of thrift shop finds done - working on a little knick knack cabinet now....
Tera

janel said...

Vick, that circle Page Frame is so gorgeous. The depth of that is amazing..even on the computer..it looks 3 D. You are indeed a "master"! Thanks for the wonderful posts! So lovely!

Deb S. said...

kirstyn is such a little doll. love the page frame! ahhh glimmer mist and pom pom trim what more could you want?:) love your treausres you got today!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh! I cannot wait to see what you do with those hangers and frame...Your pictures of the flowers and butterfly...Beautiful!! Oh yes...I am watching out for your Glimmer Mist giveaway!!Laurie

Monica said...

OHH I love my Glimmer Mist thanks to you! I went on over to MYSTIC PAPER here in AZ and bought me some and I am so glad I did!!!
love your sweet round page.Fun finds you brought home today, I have a few old wood hangers waiting to be dolled up too, can't wait to see what you do with them!

Jessrose21 said...

She's a doll! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the hangers.
I'm still working on my shadowbox! I'm just fussing over the final touches and just need to stop! LOL!

Sharon in NE said...

I love the round page frame! And what an adorable subject!!
Cuteness is rather prevalent this part of the country. ;)

Nat said...

what a cool project I love it!!! And I also love the junction!!!

Shawn said...

She is so cute! I love how she is holding that little sign & heart! It's so fun to find goodies! Love my glimmer mist, it is a wonderful product and lasts forever!

Erika H. said...

That round page frame is the most adorable ever! I just love that pom-pom trim at the bottom. Fabulous!

D@nielle said...

oooooh so cute and I cannot wait to see what you make with the hangers !

Michelle said...

oooh...nice antique finds! And it sucks to need a passport to go back and forth between Canada and the Us now, doesn't it? It was so much easier before...anyways, be in touch with me closer to when you teach and I'll see if I can make it and meet you!! he he...and your niece is darling...=)

Sugar Bear said...

You come up with the greatest ideas my friend! Can't wait to see what you do with the window frame. I'm on the lookout for the Glimmer Mist giveaway!
Karla

MJ said...

Your niece is definately a sweetie! I love how you created 3-D in her hands! Was she holding something and then you added the picture on top?

Helle Greer said...

That round page frame project is too darn cute, so so clevar you are my friend.
I need to come visit you so I can get some crafting done.
smiles,
helle

Tara said...

oh...so precious...I love this!!

StaceyM said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those pants hangers. I have some and need some inspiration from you!!!
The Page Frames cutie is just awesome. I love how you added all the sparkle.

Scrappermania said...

OMG!
Esto es totalmente de revista, realmente fabuloso!!! Waooo!

Michelle M White said...

I want to make one of those with my girl's old photos!!! Love it!