Monday, October 22, 2007

So fun!

I was so excited to get this in the mail today...it's the Oct/Nov issue of Somerset Memories..and it has my artitcle and layout in it! (finally). This has been in the works for quit some time now.. so I can say the layouts my most current work for sure...but it was still really fun to see my so many pic of my fam in print!

The top right photo is my nephew Brent ( who is actually a few years older than me), when he was a little guy. It's the sweetest photo of him sleeping in his little car.

The bottom right photo is my mom making coffee in the kitchen at our old house, and my sister Jan hanging on her arm( when you have seven kids, you ALWAYS have at least one kid hanging on your arm!)lol

The top photo on the right side is my mom, my Aunt Viv and my Uncle Al , with their 4H sheep, when they were little.

The bottom right photo is Dan(dh) and his sister Kathy when they were little.

I had fun looking at this ..but have to tell you... I was I cant wait to have some time to really sit down and look through it, because there is someyummy stuff in this issue. There are some GORGEOUS projects in an article by Norma Kooi , Called "Hanky Panky" , that have me totally intrigued. I'll tell you this much.. I'm so inspired to dig out those vintage hankies I just purchased, and go to it!





This is a memory box I did using Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage (paper from the Classic Paper Pad) The family in the photo is my Grandma and Grandpa Bendig, my Aunt Viv, Uncle Al and My mom.







The Chipboard shape and this stamp set are new upcoming products from CS. The flowers and petals are AccuCut dies.



IStamped the border at the top and then I used the tracing wheel (again) lol, for the faux stitching. (which works so well on wood!)



This is one of my very favorite papers from the Classic Paper Pad.
****************************************************
Sam Morris over at Crafting Garden was so sweet to give me this"You make me Smile Award"... thanks Sam! Now I'm going to link you to just a few blogger who make ME smile! I have lots that do... so I'll list more next time. But check these fun and talented girls out, if you get a chance.
Beth
Jessica
Laurie

That should keep you busy a while! tee hee










12 comments:

Scrappermania said...

Muchas felicidades por la publicaciĆ³n! Tu caja es realmente bella!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Well, that is a nice surprise, thanks!

That is lovely paper you have, but what you have done with it is even better.

Congrats on the Sommerset layout!I'll have to pick that issue up.

chelemom said...

Congrats on the publication! Love this box too, it is truly gorgeous!

janel said...

Oh, and I thought I was ready to put the computer to sleep for the night....and now I have all those great links.....beter get going!
Wonderful memory box, and what a cool thing to see Somerset! Yea for you!

janel said...

Oh, and I thought I was ready to put the computer to sleep for the night....and now I have all those great links.....beter get going!
Wonderful memory box, and what a cool thing to see Somerset! Yea for you!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Hi Vicki!

Thanks for the great links, and the mention, you are so sweet!

I love all your "projects" but will have to go hunt down a Somerset tomorrow to see your layout.

xo hugs Lidy

Shawn said...

Congrats on the publication i cant wait to see it sounds like there is some talented ladies in there :) Love the old pics of Grandma Bendig...I need to get out those old pics myself! Thank you also for the award! Made me smile this morning!

Pattyjo said...

My famous Vicki again! Do you realize when you pass on...you have left behind quit a legacy with all your works and being published?! You have put your family on the map too. You will live on through all the beautiful things you have shared and passed on! How proud your family must be of you! I know I am and we have never met in person. I am still your #1 fan!

SOINSPIRED said...

Congratulations on your Somerset article. So well deserved!

Sugar Bear said...

Vicki,
I'm so honored! Thank you so much. I have to say that your memory box is just jaw dropping - it is gorgeous! Big congratulations on your publication - couldn't happen to a more deserving person!
Karla

Micki W. Hill said...

That is SO pretty!!!!!

Helle Greer said...

Thank you dear!!!
So sweet of you.
You make me smile too.
helle