Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just wanted to wish you all a Wonderful day tomorrow, whatever it is you are doing. We'll all be together, (the big fam), with the exception of those that are to far away to be here for each Holiday. We're happy for the ones we do have them here for ...but know they will be spending tomorrow with other family members or friends, so I'm sure it will be a wonderful day for everyone... with lots to be thankful for!

Thought I would share with you , a project I just finished. Actually it's one of those things, that I've been thinking about doing for some time, and finally got around to it. I used two mattes for photos. I used Glimmer Mist on them first.
After that was totally dry, I inked around the edges and then randomly stamped images from the Christmas set of Clear Art stamps from Crafty Secrets. ( on both mattes) I sandwiched a piece of transparency between the mattes and adhered them together. Then I matted with black, one of the Christmas images from the "Seasonal booklet" from Crafty Secrets, then added the same image on the other side.

It was hard to get a good photo, so that you could see the transparency , and so that you would be about to see the look of the Glimmer Mist. Again, it's another one of those projects, that are hard to photograph, and just looks alot better in person. But you get the idea.


I just poked two holes in the top to run the lace through to hang it. I added some bells also.
It's really hard to see how it looks, with the photo being taken with the light behind, but it's meant to be hung in a window .. so you can see it from inside and outside.
The colors of Glimmer Mist I used where, Holly Berry , Mistletoe, and Gingerbread. The blend beautifully, and look gorgeous together.
Okay...better run.. Of to pick up my sweet mama. She is staying her tonight. Picking up something for dinner.. No cooking dinner tonight... still preparing for the "feast" tomorrow. lol
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU!!!








12 comments:

Catherine said...

It's beautiful!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Amber said...

GASP! This is SO gorgeous!!!
~Amber

Angie said...

That is so beautiful!

stampqueen said...

I LOVE this latest project !!!! I have been wanting to do something similar but the idea was still forming in the back of my brain - It has now taken form!!! :)
So glad you found your ring!! How funny that it ended up in the button jar!! Good thing you decided to use some buttons!
Happy Turkey Day.My DH is smoking ours and I accually don't have to work - worked today and again all weekend(fri, sat, & sun :( ) Ah well...

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Friend!

Hope you have a wonderful day with your sweet family.
hugs, Lidy

janel said...

Oh Vic. That is beautiful And, I can see a dusting of snow on that ground. So beautiful. I can see that those stamps are wonderful, classic, and ones that you can use over and over...a must have for me I guess!
Have a Thanksgiving filled with love and good health. Enjoy every minute!

Kara Ward said...

I am crafting a little house tonight...just thinking of you. Boy, I wish I had some of that yummy glimmer mist. I must put that on my Christmas list. Kara

Gina (frazzledmom) said...

OK - my jaw just hit the keyboard! That is just awesome! Makes me want to grab those stamps and stickers right now! In fact, I think I will. :)

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog (about telling my son he had Aspergers). Really appreciated your kind words.

Pearl Maple said...

Congrats on finding your ring, it is so frustrating when you loose something special.

Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing your creations, always a treat to visit and see what you have been up to lately with that glimmer mist. Can't wait till I am on that side of the pond next week and can hunt some down myself.

Sugar Bear said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Vicki! Now onto Christmas LOL!
Karla

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Happy thanksgiving!

Love the names of the glimmer mist colors.

MJ said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I was thinking of you yesterday as my former local storeowner has resumed her business out of her home. I was coaxing her to look into glimmer mist! LOL! The impact you have...