Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Highlights from the BC Creative Expo

HELLO!!!! I got in last night.. and even though I have a room full of stuff to put away, I have tons of pictures I wanted to share with you so I thought I better get started. The show was busy and went really well for a first year show. Sandy did a super job with the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage booth... it was Beautiful!!! 4 Full Booths... so it was fun to be able to spread out and really show off all the new product.
BC Creative Expo
Sherrie Seiman is a super sweet and talented stamper that worked the booth doing non stop make-n-takes both days. What a trooper! (Sherrie is in the middle, Sandy..owner of Crafty Secrets on the right)
There were a number of different products at this show. It was the BC Creative Expo, so there were not only scrapbooking and stamping products, but sewing , painting, jewelery ect...



Sherrie doing make-n-takes in the Crafty Secrets booth.

I met so many really nice girls in my classes. These girls were such fun! And talk about a small world , as we're talking ..the girl in the red asks me where in NE , I'm from. Turns out she works at the sister company in Bellingham WA, to the Company my dh Dan works at here in NE. She's met him before when he was there training someone a couple of years ago. It's amazing the crazy connections you can make , talking with people. lol



Oh... and it was so fun to get to spend time with the ever so sweet and funny OTHER Vicki! Vicki Boutin! She's a hoot!





Lot's of fun things to look at , at the show









but the colors and patterns here at Quilt Essential Fabrics caught my eye immediately!!







I was seriously in heavy in this booth! Oh the colors and patterns where just unbelievable! I didn't get out of here without doing some serious $ damage, that's for sure! But it was totally worth it! Loved it all!!


Not only were the fabrics glorious..but the way she had everything displayed was just fantastic!









Every little detail was just darling.










I could have stayed in this booth and taken it all in for hours. I had to go get Sandy and bring her over to see also. This booth was just down the isle from ours so we could sneak away for a peek as things started to slow down at the end of the show.












There were other booths that were filled with great ribbons and gift wrap and bags... again.. Color and Patterns EVERYWHERE!












Great wrapping papers.... especially that fuchsia and gold pattern!!!!





It always feels so good to be home ... to see my fam and my pups , sleep in my own little bed and get back in the routine...but it was a great time in Canada. I'm pretty much a "home" kind of girl by nature , and could get homesick pretty easy..but not when I'm staying with the Redburns! They always make me feel so welcome and so comfortable. I miss them already!
I have so many pictures to share with you this week, from our other adventures. The last day there , we spend time near the Ocean at "White Rock" and it was so beautiful! Being from NE all my life... any time spend near the Ocean is a treat for me! I loved it! I'll share those pictures and others tomorrow.
It's good to be back... I miss my blog friends!!













12 comments:

Pearl Maple said...

Thank you for taking us all on tour around the Creative Expo, all kinds of beautiful things to see there, this is the best kind of window shopping as my pocket book can stay from a distance.

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

I am so so jealous ;) Looks like the $$ was worth it!

Dawn said...

ooooh, look at ALL that Amy Butler Fabric!!!!! I could have gone broke too! She is my favorite when it comes to fabric, but I have a thing for vintage too...lovin' the sock monkey!

DeniseLynn said...

Welcome home! Wish I could have been there - thanks for sharing it with us.

HB said...

Welcome Home! I missed ya!
The pics look so fabulous and FUN!!!

Jessrose21 said...

Welcome back, Vicki! I've missed seeing your posts. The CS booth looks gorgeous!
Sherrie's work is beautiful. I love the sneak peek of the new CS set that she showed on her blog. Can't wait to see it!

Nat said...

yeah - you are back!!!!!

stampqueen said...

Welcome back - I agree with Pearl Maple - if I would have seen that fabric my budget would have been screaming - and its not like I really do any sewing at this point but I hoard fabric worse than I do paper!!! I have no more storage room!!!
Looks like a fun trip - Thanks for the pics.
Tera

chelemom said...

HOLY COW!!! I am sooo jealous! I wish I could have been there! Thanks for the pics though!!! so cool!

Pattyjo said...

I sewed for a Quilting store when my children were small and the lady that ran the shop had that talent too...she could mix and match patterns and colors to an art. Some talented people just have that eye...like you Vicki. You have that talent too. Won't be on line for the month of Dec.So if you wonder where your #1 fan is. Just away from the computer. Lol!
Even stockers (hehehe) are gone once in awhile. LOL

Sharon in NE said...

Almost a sensory overload! I love it!

Anonymous said...

WoW !!!

I rub eyes and I do not believe

Resource of material.
"Eldorado" Craft - one word saying.

I can about something such dream only.

I apologize for my english.
I understand a lot but say not enough.

Lengow from Europe