Sunday, December 23, 2007

Almost there

Hard to believe Christmas is almost here!! I've been busy around here trying to get last minute things finished up. My (big) family always gets together Christmas Eve, and have different kinds of soups and goodies. It's a fun time!

The boys should be home for the next few days, so I stocked up the fridge. lol Wes has to work, yet tonight, but will be heading this way after that. Poor Jarad has been working LOTS of overtime. Yesterday AND today. He was up and out the door for work before 5:30am. I'm really looking forward to the boys being home, just hanging out for a bit.

***********************************************************

I have been wanting to do a layout with this "Frame it" Stamp set... and finally got one done!

This set works so well for so many things.



This little Sweetheart is my friend Amy's daughter ,Ruthy.


The papers I used are also Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage. They are from the Radiant Paper Pad.

The letters are from the "Artsy Alphabet" stamp set.



*******************************************************************
Okay I just have to share this.... just it's easy and yummy! I had bought a little tiny bag of this when I was in Canada for $4.50. My friend Deb told me about this recipe, and it's JUST like it... and ALOT more reasonable. lol

CARMEL CORN - OLD DUTCH STYLE

1 bag 10 oz puffcorn
1 cup butter not marg
1 1/4 brown
2/3 light corn syrup
1 tsp baking soda
250 OVEN
Combine butter, brown sugar, and light corn syrup in a 2 quart sauce pan, cook on medium heat until mixture has melted. Once mixture has melted add the baking soda (the will cause the mixture to foam)
Pour the puffcorn into a large roaster pan. Pour caramel mixture over the puffcorn and stir until mixed.
Place in oven at 250 for 45 minutes, stirring at least every 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven, pour on wax paper and break apart. Let cool and enjoy!
(this recipe is on the back of the puffcorn bag also)




Off to finish up a few things. I'll post tomorrow morning..just so I can wish you all a Merry Christmas!!






10 comments:

Amy said...

Happy holidays Vicki! You are so funny posting this carmel corn recipe--I've been pimping this stuff all season on my blog! It's amazing. I add peanuts to mine. I had some all packaged up for a blogger friend a few weeks ago, but couldn't find a box to mail it in. So it sat there for a while. One day, I was particularly stressed out, so I grabbed my blogger friend's bag and ATE her carmel corn!!!!! Can you believe it? In fact, I took a bag of the corn out just a half hour ago because I need to make some more for Christmas Day! Great minds think alike!

Merry Christmas!
Amy

MJ said...

Good old Old Dutch! Isn't amazing how it gets to the USA?! Enjoy! (You missed the Old Dutch corn twists which are also quite '70s but still fun! Try them next time!)

SOINSPIRED said...

Now I'm wondering where I can buy Old Dutch puffcorn. When I go back to the midwest, I always buy things at the grocery store that aren't carried out here in the southwest. Love your layout and those new stamps. Merry Christmas!

janel said...

Yum!
I too am going to be on a search to where I can buy this puffcorn.

Darling layout...and love those stamps. Especially love those little scallop ones...perfect for this sweet photo.

Have the best Christmas ever, and may the boys travel safely and be home, snug, and eating your delicious carmel corn soon!
Merry merry!

Shawn said...

That lo is so cute, I love those stamps. Have a Merry Christmas with all of the family at home :)

Scrapbook With Vanilla said...

Hi Vicki!!!
Wanted to wish you a wonderful holiday season with your loved ones!
HUGS ~ xxx

PS That page is so beautiful!! and the recipe sounds.... mmmmmmmmmm....

Sugar Bear said...

Merry Christmas Vicki! I have the week off and will have to try this carmel corn!
Karla

Eleanor said...

Beautiful layout, I love it. Thanks for sharing all your yummy recipes! Hope you enjoy your holidays. Merry Christmas!

Pattyjo said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS VICKI!

Catherine said...

Your page is beautiful, love it. Ruthie is such a doll! That caramel corn does look lovely too!!

Merry Christmas!!