Sunday, December 16, 2007

Holiday Homes

I'm a little behind ,but I'm still planning on joining in the fun, and sharing some photos. My sweet and ultra talented blogging buddy Karla "Karla's Cottage" is hosting a little party on her blog. "What do you love about you home during the holidays". So many people have been playing along and sharing links to their blogs, with photos of their homes , decked out for the Holidays. So many beautiful things to look at , ...you could look all day. Here's the link
"Karla's Cottage"

I've shared a few photos over the past week, so I've decided to do something a little different. I'm sharing a few more photos ,but in each post over the next several days, I'll post a photo of one o the goodies I baked this year, with the recipe. Just thought it might be fun. Nothing fancy... these are recipes for those of you...like me , who are running out of time...and need something quick and easy. lol
I spent today wrapping gifts and getting my baking done, because to tell you the truth... I hadn't started!! eeek

I set the tree up in the back room this year...for a couple of reasons... one because it was just something I hadn't done before, and the other, because I did have to move major furniture to put it there. ( okay... so it was mostly for the second reason) lol
I've had these skates for so long. I used to put them out on the front porch at the old house also... it's just not right without them now.

I always buy a fresh wreath for the front of the house..but this year when I went to get one.. they were so dry, I just couldn't find one that was in nice shape, so I settled for this one. ( artificial...but kind of pretty ,none the less).
We got snow AGAIN last night...so I had to so out and shake the snow of this wreath before I took the photo, or you couldn't even see it...it was so buried.


Another thing I've had for a long time ,are these little Christmas books my sister Jan has given me though the years. They are filled with sweet stories and poems.



I got these silly little bottle brush trees for a steal. The cake plate is one that Dan's parents got for a wedding gift when they got married. The doilie was crochet by Dan's grandma.






I'm so loving those new blue and brown ornaments I found...just wish they would have had enough to do my whole tree. No chance... only a few. Enough just to set around and enjoy.




Ok... here's the first recipe. Actually this is my standard Chocolate chip Cookie Recipe, that I've always used. If you like your chocolate chip cookies soft...you'll love these.
I used the while chocolate chips with the green and red swirls this time and added walnuts.





Vicki's Chocolate Chip cookies
375 8-10min
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened marg
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 teas vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teas soda
1/2 teas salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Combine first 6 ingr, then add flour, soda and salt. Then add chips
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Let stand 5 min on cookie sheet after removing from oven, and move to cooling rack or waxed paper.


***( I always just make a double batch and use one entire bag of chocolate chips)


8 comments:

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
Love your Christmas pics - I haven't taken any pics of decorations yet (the lower branches of my tree are bare 5 minutes after I put decs back on thanks to the kittens :). Yummy looking cookies - I hope to get some time to bake this afternoon...
TTFN Tera

janel said...

Your blog just makes me happy, so many wonderful things. LOVE those ice skates, and love that you have snow too. It just makes it seem like Christmas with snow. Off to check out Karla's blog, and now I am hungry for chocolate chip cookies. Have a great Sunday!

Catherine said...

Your house looks so lovely. I wish I could get off my butt and get into the spirit of things. The cookies might help though!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love your ice skates, wreaths and everything else! It all looks so festive and sweet.

I agree with Janel, your blog makes me happy.
xo Lidy

Shawn said...

Love all your christmas decorations, those cookies look very yummy! Karla is always hosting cool things on her blog what a fun thing to do :)

Sharon in NE said...

ONLY you could see any value in bottle brushes. I LOVE the way your mind works.

MJ said...

What a great way to decorate with a cake plate! I may have to haul mine out for display purposes too!

Precious Treasures said...

You have to see all the My Minds Eye Christmas line. It is all the blue and browns. Seeing all your beautiful Christmas decorations reminds me of it. Your decorations are beautiful (of course) Looking at the cookies makes me hungry. I have been trying to diet...bad time of year to do so. :)