Thursday, December 13, 2007

Candy Cane House

This is my latest little Sweet Chips House... a "Candy Cane House"
I actually didn't use any paper on this project...it's all paint and fabric. When I was in Canada I had picked up this fun little fabric swatch pack with 30 different coordinating fabric piece, that had been just killing me to use. They were "Swell" by URBAN CHICKS for moda. I used spray adhesive and attached them to some really thin chipboard, and then cut them with the scallop edge on my Scalloped Card Die from AccuCut (NC213CLC). It worked perfectly to cut and layer the different scallops for the roof.

When you lift up the top.... waa laa... candy canes! lol


After painting the outside of the house with pink paint.. I sprinkled it with pink iridescent glitter.
I sprayed adhesive on the windows and bottom scallop, and sprinkled them with silver glitter.



The sticker images are from the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Christmas stickers.




If you want to see some great samples of tons of different ways to do up these cute little houses, check out the Crafty Secrets Gallery.
And don't forget Crafty Secrets has a blog now... and there is info there about the 6 weeks of giveaways..........so run , don't walk! lol
Have a super day!





31 comments:

Jessrose21 said...

Absolutely adorable. I love the fabric patterns and colors and all the glittah! Have I ever said how jealous I am of your Accucut machine! LOL! I wish their dies would fit in my Cuttlebug.

Country Liv . . . said...

Mmmm, yummy! That little house looks like candy! My grandson would be trying to eat it! LOL! How much time do you have to work on projects a day? A lot of my time is eatin' up just checking in with my online peeps and reading comments in my galleries and blogs.
Tootles!
Liv

Jennie said...

Awesome girl!! I bought one of these houses from crafty secrets and want to do something with it. You have such great work. I received my goodie in the mail today and you are the best. Love everything. Thanks so much.

Michelle said...

this is so yummy/cute! I love it!

Precious Treasures said...

If you ever sell that one I want first dibs. That is a Diva Christmas House. hee hee Love it!

Angie said...

WOW! Vicki that is the cutest house! It is just to cute for words.

Carol Weimer said...

Ooooooooo, this would look soooo great with my gingerbread collection. So adorable.!!!

Pattyjo said...

sign me up...I can't remember if I did it yet. LOL

Linda SS said...

Your house is so sweet & I love the pink - Cutest gingerbread house I've seen in a long time:)

The Rose Room said...

That is the cutest little house. Merry Christmas and Blessings, Rachael:)

HB said...

*THUD*
... that was me falling off my chair. Holy Smokes Vicki - this is so far beyond adorable!!!

D@nielle said...

OMG too cute that house looks good enough to eat, thx for the eyecandy !

SOINSPIRED said...

So adorable. Thanks for the inspiration. I took my Crafty Secrets house to work with me for the past two days trying to decide what to do with it. Now I have a better idea.

janel said...

SWEETNESS!!!
Darling, sparkly, and oh so cute!
Very much YOU!
Merry Merry friend!

Cathy said...

Way too cute! I love all the glitter and BLING! Love it, Love it, love it!

Fete et Fleur said...

The house is so yummy!! I love the idea of using cloth. I would love to be entered in your giveaway.

Merry Christmas!

Sugar Bear said...

What an absolutely precious house! So love it. You come up with the best ideas.
Karla

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That is a fabulous pink house!! :)

Susan said...

This is a darling little house! It looks just like real candy! Your projects are always so precious.
Susan T

Catherine said...

Vic, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love it.....so cute!

scrappermimi said...

This house looks just so festive and fun! Love it. The colors are great as well as the hidden candy canes. I just want to touch it there is so buch dimension!

Well done!

Kirsi said...

What a sweet little house. So cute.

Kathleen Summers said...

OMGoodness that is sooooooooooo pretty. Really, you are one of my FAVES, Vicki. So so talented. And thanks so much for coming by my new blog today. I appreciate it!!

Beth Leintz said...

LOL! When I read your first sentence "I didn't use any paper in making this", I thought you were going to say it was all candy-and I wanted to know where do you get candy buttons!

What a wonderful little candy cottage!

~missprissme said...

I haven't commented in a while but I read daily... your stuff is just all so nice. ~regards

Amy said...

I love love love the house...

The Squared One said...

The house itself looks good enough to eat. I just bought three of these little critters. If only I have as much talent as your little pinky holds, sigh...

Sharon in NE said...

So fun.

MJ said...

Oohh! I love Moda fabric! Your pink apron is Moda fabric too!

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

I love the Candy Cane House. So adorable!

Cheryl said...

Sooooo sweet! I Love this!