Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Catherines book

I have been patiently waiting for this little gem to arrive! My friend the sweet and oh so talented Catherine Matthews-Scanlon 's new book is out ... and I got mine in the mail yesterday!
Cat has two books out now..her first,"Sewing on Paper" is filled with fantastic projects also. I havent gotten a chance to read "Art from the Heart" from cover to cover yet...but believe me I will! Just thumbing through it ... I could hardly stand to put it down, and get back to my mission at hand. (work) I'm looking forward to spending some serious time with this on the weekend!( "If" I can wait that long)


but I thought I'd share just a little peek. With Christmas just around the corner... I figured this page was a fitting choice . I ordered my copy from Amazon, and it was here in just a few days. I ordered an extra for a Christmas gift also.
******************************************************************
After I ran in to Fremont to drop of some projects at AccuCut today, I had to get major groceries and some things at Walmart (oh...dread, not Walmart). Why do I dread that so? ish... it's just mentally and physically draining! lol I was getting stuff for holiday baking , so that added to the hassle.........ooohh... and did I mention that they just rearranged and moved everything at our Walmart? (double dread).... boy Vicki is sounding "Bah Humbugish" today, isnt she? lol
I went up and down the baking isle 4 1/2 times looking for coconut, and never did find it. I finally just gave up because I was to embarrassed to walk by the same 2, 90-100 year old ladies standing there for 15 minutes trying to decided which sized package of chopped walnuts was the best bargin. ( I should have just asked THEM, "they" probably knew where walmart hides the coconut!) lol
Anyway, when I got home , I let the pups out , while I was carrying in groceries. I was laughing so hard at Molly...that dog LOVES playing in the snow...


She was throwing snow everywhere

playing with her Polar Bear





wearing her, festive Santa colar, of course. lol







I would think , you would have to really like snow to just lay down in it , in the middle of the yard.
Just call me , the crazy dog lady. lol






8 comments:

SOINSPIRED said...

Looks like a great book. The snow is so beautiful. I wanna come play!

Sharon in NE said...

My sweet black tuxedo cat does the same thing. Just frolics in the snow. (I wonder if anyone has used the word "frolic" in this century?)

;)

janel said...

Oh, both those books sound like gems! Thanks. Looks like you got quite a bit of snow, and the pups had a great time playing. Hope that new car of yours zips along in that snow. Stay safe and warm.

Sugar Bear said...

Molly is so cute! Looks like she is certainly having a ball (or should I say bear). Walmart is draining!
Karla

Shawn said...

I've got that book on my wish list too :)Not a big fan of walmart either it is always crowded it seems like! Annie loves the snow too :)

Cathy said...

I have to geat these books. Cute photos of Molly is the snow, brrrrrrrrr.

Country Liv . . . said...

Vicki! Molly is just too precious! I'd love to have a big ol' loving dog like her but my room mate is scared of pups! Love your snow too; we've been having record highs here in NC-flip flops and shorts back out of storage! LOL! Our friend Jill Baldwin sent me some pics of the ICE STORM in her neck of the woods. Brrrr.

I'm going to check out your friend's books too-they sound delightful.
Tootles!
Liv

Pearl Maple said...

Thanks for the tip on Art From the Heart, will have to put that on one my letter to Santa!

Have fun playing in the snow.