Thursday, December 20, 2007

Eclectic Mix of info...

Boy... I'm all over the place with this post... so hold on. lol
I have lots I want to share...but done of it's really related ( might want to take notes, to keep from getting lost) lol
I had lots to do in Fremont today, and I'll share some photos of that too, but on the way home , I stopped at the Junk/Treasure spot... so I have to show you my stash. I found this 1945 Album book with all( 8) of the 78 vinyls inside , in perfect condition. Silent Night, White Christmas, Jingle Bells, ect. it's so Cool! ( $12). Pink and Green vintage Christmas balls. (15 cents each), and this Crate ($5). When I was a kid , there was a little neighborhood grocery store just around the corner. The sweet little old couple who owned the store where the "Robersons". That, mixed with the fact that I loved the color , and that I love using these for storage in my studio... made it a must have. lol

I'm pretty excited about plans to volunteer my time to teach some basic scrapbooking classes here at "Lutheran Family Services" My friend Liz, showed me all around the new set up and told me all about how this program will provide services to families in our community.


They have only been up and running for about a month , but you would never know it.... I was so impressed!









They have a Boutique store where woman can use points they've earned to "purchase" infant and toddler items, such as clothes, toys, cribs, car seats and diapers . They can earn these points by taking part in Well-baby check ups, Parenting classes, ect..
They also offer a nurturing parenting program with classes that emphasize the importance of raising children in a warm, trusting and caring home. It's all geared towards Education and support for families.

Liz.. is made for this job! She is a go-getter, and she is passionate about this program!
After meeting with the girls today and talking about how I can help... I'm excited also!



Our community is so lucky to have this offered to them!

*********************************************************
How many people can say they've been married 50 years? WOW!
HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY Donna and Ron!!! Hope your day was fantastic!



*********************************************************

I started my day , by taking mom for breakfast. It was great to spend some time , just chatting with her this morning. Later this afternoon, Jerri and I spent some time together, shopping ect...
When I took her home, I had to so in and see the new pups.





How would you like one of those for Christmas? Oh.... they are SOOO darn cute!


I was laughing my head off at how the little dogs ran around with pacifiers.

Whatever!!! It was HILARIOUS!!!








It was fun to get to spend some time with Jerri. We don't get to do that as often as we used to. She's a great kid!



Like I said , I'm trying to slow down and enjoy things. Life goes by fast.( the older I get, the faster it seems to go)! I keep this photo of my dad and I on my nightstand. It's hard to believe it's been 21 years today , that he's been gone. That's what I mean about the time going by fast. It certainly doesn't seem like it's been anywhere near that long.
I was one lucky kid to have the parents I did. Lucky , I tell ya!
Until tomorrow.






































































































































































































































































































11 comments:

Cathy said...

Cute puppies, awesome vintage finds and a great foundation! Sounds like a perfect day! Lucky girl!

MJ said...

That is a great photo of your dad! What a nice memory to wake up to each morning!

Shawn said...

what cute things you found love those ornaments! That is really cool that you are teaching that class, what a great idea!

Catherine said...

Those puppies are so adorable!! Your friend Liz sounds like a great person! Talk to you later!

stampqueen said...

Sounds like you had a busy day - I haven't made the rounds of the thrift shops in awhile now but what good finds you made!!! What cute puppies - lots of oooh and aaahhs from my kiddos on those. It has been 26 years since my Dad passed away - and yes time moves faster every year. My DD is almost as tall as me and will be 13 next month - OMG!!!!

janel said...

Ah, what a fun post. Did you know that Nebraska has the highest amount of couples that celebrate 50+ year marriages? Love that!
Have a wonderful Friday, and a relaxing memory filled weekend!
hugs

Sugar Bear said...

Hi Vicki - that frame you have your dad's photo in - I have one just like it! I just picked it up at an estate sale! I was thinking of silver glittering it up.

Those pups are adorable! Looks like you had a great day. How wonderful for you to volunteer your services - you have such a kind and caring heart! Merry Christmas!
Hugs,
Karla

Precious Treasures said...

Vicki, the puppies are adorable. I am such a sucker for puppies. What kind are those? Are they for sale? :)

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh Vicki! I so love to hear about your day! What an awesome gift to the community so the little ones will be well taken care of! The little doggies with the pacifiers are adorable-was that a Chiauau pup? Hope you have a very Merry Christmas (just in case I can't get back here for a while)!

Viv said...

What cute puppies! Love your vintage finds! My in-laws have been married 69 years!!! Now that's a long time!

Sharon in NE said...

I find myself slowing down when I read your blog. I love to look at your stuff, if its an old photo, I imagine what was going on when the picture was taken, what their life was like. If you're displaying some of your art, I just love to sit back and look at all the intricacies of it. Your blog causes me to slow down and catch my breath.