Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fancy Pants Project

Thought I'd share this framed piece I did for GiftMaker Magazine using all Fancy Pants Products. The assignment was a project with browns, reds and pink, involving paint, and Chipboard. I used used this old frame I found at the goodwill, and took the class out of it. I did the project right on the chipboard for the back of the frame. Actually , it worked really well. I figured, why cut another piece to use as my base? Always looking for a shortcut. lol







The papers are from the "Holly Jolly" line . The chipboard stamps and rubons are all also Fancy Pants Designs. Added a few light pink gems to the rubon.




Lots of paint , ink and distressing. I used my tracing wheel for all the faux stitching ... ( as usual)lol



I painted the frame with alternating patches of pink, red and green , and then crackle coated it with brown paint on top. I was happy with the effect.





hmmmm....now , where to hang it?
*****************************************************************

I got my wrapping finished up last night... so that is one thing to check off the list! YAY
I forgot to add the last cookie recipe yesterday, so here it is.
Fudgy Walnut Cookie Wedges
1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated cookie dough, any flavor
1 (12 ounce) package Chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons marg or butter
1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
350
Divide cookie dough into thirds. With floured hands, press on bottom of 3 aluminum foil-lined 9 inch round cake pans or press into 9 inch circles on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
In heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt chips and margarine with sweetened condensed milk. Cook and stir until thickened about 5 minutes, add vanilla. Spread over cookie circles. Top with walnuts. Chill Cut into wedges . Store loosely covered at room temp. Makes about 36 wedges.

I hope in the hustle and bustle of this season, you get a few minutes just to enjoy some of your favorite things. I have really tried to do that more this year. Life gets busy and you forget how good it feels just to curl up on the couch with a soft blanket , with the tree lit, to listen to your favorite Christmas CD, or watch your favorite Christmas Movie. I love baking, but not because I "have" too...because I "want" too. I love the smell of a Holiday scented candle burning, and Christmas music playing while I'm putzing around the house. Those are all things I'm taking time to enjoy this year more than I really have the past couple. I feel like I just get too caught up in the "busy, busy" and miss the good stuff sometimes... so this year, I'm vowing to ENJOY!
My Christmas wish for you ...is that "you" find some time to just enjoy the things you love most about the season.









7 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Vicki!!! It is always such a treat visiting your blog- LOVELY work- you do wonders with the FP product! Merry Christmas !!!
~Amber

Precious Treasures said...

mm...pass the plate

stampqueen said...

I love buying old picture frames at the thrift shops - now I have another idea to add to the list of what to do with them!! That is sooo cute - and the cookies are making my mouth water.

Country Liv . . . said...

Vicki, I just love the Fancy Pants Project! The colors and elements you used were just perfect!!!!! If you can't find a place to hang it, my address is . . . . LOL! Beautiful.

Hope y'all have a blessed Christmas!
Liv

MJ said...

Great frame! It's amazing what you can do with reclaimed items!

Catherine said...

Vic, this is beautiful! LOVE it! Have a great day!!

Jessrose21 said...

Drop dead gorgeous!!! I love the pink and brown combo and the rub-on behind the sentiment. Wow!

Ok, now I have to go click on your site again so I can hear the rest of Mariah's song! LOL!