Sunday, December 16, 2007

One of those non-scrapbook related posts....

it's Sunday, and this post is totally family related. Like I've said a number of times, I started a blog, for the purpose of sharing photos with my (far away) family and friends, and then like it does with everything else.. scrapbooking worked it way in. lol The more I thought about it, they really do go hand in hand for me...so those of you looking for papercrafting ..will certainly get to know my family, and well... my family probably know's more about paper crafting they they want, also. lol

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JERRI!!! She's 16 today! She wont like this photo because it's an old one...and she's grown up alot since then...but it was a fun photo from a fun day.. so it's what a chose. Love ya Jerri!

And a Belated Happy Birthday to DIANA also!!!


We are so thankful that little Kirstyn is okay, after a scare this weekend. She had been sick, and suddenly spiked a high temp, which caused her to have a siezure. They called 911 and she was taken to the hospital. She is at home now and okay, but has a touch of phumonia. I can even image how scary it must have been for Cameron and Carie. She is such a little doll......feel better sweetie!
This handsome guy had his boys choir performance today. Grandma and I were planning on going to Lincoln to see it, but the roads where still icy, and it's really really cold. I'm not thrilled about driving when it's slick out and with it being so cold, it probably wasnt the best day for Grandma to be out. We hated to miss out...but we'll certainly take in the "Spring" concert!
We are so proud of you!!




I meant to share these photos from the other day when Gabby was here with Wyatt. ... Is he CUTE or what?




It's just amazing to be how fast these kiddo's are growning up!




Okay... sharing another recipe today. These dont look that great in the photo...but I'm telling you, I think they are my favorites of all I baked. YUMMY! ( and EASY)




Raspberry Streusel Bars
Crumb Mixture
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup marg
1 egg
Filling
1 jar (10 ounce) rasp or strawberry preserves
350
For crumb mixture, in large mixer bowl combine all crumb mixture ingredients. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is crumbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture: press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 9 inch square baking pan. Spread preserves to within 1/2 inch of edge of unbaked crumb mixture.
Crumble remaining crumb mixture over preserves. Bake fore 43 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes about 24 bars






5 comments:

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Vicki, I'm really glad that everything is better for Kirstyn! One of my girls had "low temp threshold" and had seizures at the slightest up grade of temp. Scary stuff but they do grow out of it. Hope she continues to get better! All of your family is so good looking-I think it's sweet how you post a lot of pics of them! Stay warm.
Liv

Shawn said...

wow high temps can be scary so glad she is feeling better. Love the family pics too cute :) Lincoln is still a mess from what my parents have said, they are usually a bit better about getting the roads cleared off. I hope and pray that come xmas the roads will be cleared off for when we visit :)

DeniseLynn said...

So glad the little one is OK. Oh how scarey life can be. Thanks for sharing all your family stuff and photos too - so fun to see. And I have got to try that recipe ... is there a way I can copy it from here to print it out? Gotta have it in my kitchen files. *wink*

Sugar Bear said...

Such lovely photos of everyone! I hope little Kirstyn is well on the way to being back to normal. That can be a very scary thing for sure. Thanks for the recipe! I love raspberry.
Karla

Jami said...

Oh Vicki, glad to hear that Kirsty is ok. High temps and seizures are scary. I love reading about your family and see all the fun photos. Stay warm and safe. We just got a big one yesterday and we had school off today.