Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Play it forward

Yesterday while I was checking out the very talented Kristy's work at Tikkelperin jutskia, I saw this post and decided I wanted to play along. With it being the season of giving , I thought it would be the perfect chance to get in the spirit.
****
I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF (Pay it forward) exchange.I'm not sure what that gift will be. It will be a surprise! The only thing you have to do in return is to pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog. So basically, if you’re one of the first 3 comments, I’ll send you something crafty that I’ll make! Once you sign up, I'll email you to let you know that you are one of the three. Then copy and paste the above paragraph on your blog, and three other lucky people will be recipients of your handmade work. Pay it Forward!
*****
It doesn't have to be anything major or time consuming... it's just the "giving" thing. Here are three little charms I made for mine. The first three of you who want to play along...just let me know. Either post here , or shoot me an email. I'll send you one of these.. and you can continue the "Play it forward" whenever it works for you. I know it's a busy time of year... so you can even wait until after the holidays to do yours if you wish. Just thought it would be fun.

Sorry these photos turned out so dark...but It's gloomy here to day. I should have probably used a flash...(but I hate the dreaded flash) lol
Well once I got started ...just couldn't quit. lol I used all Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Images.. The Frames have glass in them ,and the charms Diamond glaze. I wish it showed up better..but I used ultra fine iridescent glitter inside them over the image.. and it really adds so much.

I've been so busy lately, I have been feeling like I just haven't had time to just play... so now that things have slowed down a bit.. I find myself just getting lost in project ,once I get started.. and I don't want to quit. lol As you can see from what happened when I started working on the "THREE" charms, I had decided I was going to make last night. But..it was so FUN!
(and that's how it's supposed to be right?) lol I totally enjoyed every minute.
********************
I just got off the phone with Cindy, the Editor of "Scrapbook Dimensions Mag" and guess what...
I get to do another giveaway! WOW... I'm feeling like Santa himself , these days!
Check back tomorrow, and I'll tell you all about it.


18 comments:

SmilynStef said...

I've been wanting to do this, so I'll join in the fun.

Jennie said...

I would love to join in on the fun. Love your charms.

Cathy said...

Oooooh, I want to do this too! Love the crafty secrets charms, how fun!

DeniseLynn said...

Oh I'm too late but I can still surely do some nice things and send out some love from here. (besides I don't have a blog). I like that idea and I just adore sending things that bring smiles. I love the charms you made. Oh so sweet.

chelemom said...

These are gorgeous!!! Did you get the charms from Crafty Secrets too? Gotta get some of those!!!

KimmyS said...

Well d'uh of course i am too late for an original Vicki.....*sobs*

stampqueen said...

AAHH darn that silly concept of having to go to work got in my way again - I'm too late :)
LOVE the charms and the others too - soooo cute!!! I have diamond glaze and some charms but haven't gotten around to trying those yet - yet again that 'work' thang....
Take Care
Tera

Trace Geworsky said...

Im sad that I was too late for the pay it forward
Happy holidays,
trace G

Kara Ward said...

I love it...just like an Oprah momment. Your charms are delicious! Kara

MJ said...

Whew! I'm almost relieved that I am not one of the first 3 to post! I would have had to do something creative!

It is a great idea altho I'm almost tuckered out from all the Christmas activities already! LOL!

Charmingdesigns said...

Love your charms. sooooo charming!!lol. Thats neat that you can incase some glitter in these!!
Laurie

Precious Treasures said...

What do you do with all the things you make? Is everything you make for companies?

Kirsi said...

Lovely charms!

Sugar Bear said...

Those charms are gorgeous! I've been thinking about you with the awful mall tragedy. Hope you are safe.
Karla

Sharon in NE said...

These are so wonderful! (Kristy is so talented too!)

Bet you're not complaining about today being gloomy. We already have a couple of inches of snow and I see you do too!

Catherine said...

bummer, I missed it...but I might just play along too!

Michelle said...

I'll pass as I'm finishing up on past swaps, but hve fun! p.s, love your charms!

D@nielle said...

I just love the pay it forward idea and just joined one here on a dutch blog. Your charms are gorgeous !