Monday, December 03, 2007

Where did the day go?

Wow, here it is almost 10:30, and I'm just now blogging. I realized that I was having such a good time chatting with my friend Pam when she was here today, I didnt take my camera out once! I realized after she left this afternoon ,that I didnt even have a photo of the day, to post on the "ol blog". It was SO nice to catch up with Pam, hear about her kids and Grandkids, her work and travel. She is a dear friend .. and I miss seeing her as often as I used to, now that they've moved. But , it's just one of those friendships ,that.. no matter how much time goes by between visits... it's like no time has past at all! I hated to see the afternoon come to an end!
****************************************
Well, I cant forget that today is my neice Rhonda's Birthday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISSY!!!
Sending Birthday hugs from Nebraska to Arizona! Hope your day was wonderful!
****************************************
It's a good thing, I got my studio , at least somewhat under control before Pam got here today. It was WAY out of control! EEK! I had been looking for a new "bigger" old wooden table for a work table for my studio, and Paula and Ron saved me! They had gotten a big old library table at an auction.. and they gave it to me! Lucky me... cause now a have a huge rock'n table to create on!!! YAY The deal is , to get that table in, and where I wanted it, I had to take everything out pf , my room and move things around. Ummm... lets just put it this way.. "I have ALOT of stuff in here". OH brother ...what a job it turned out to be!
Finally, this pup is moved and all the stamps and stuff put back.

The smartest thing I ever did , to help me with the woodend stamp storage was these expandable plastic spice rack things for cupboards. It really helps me see them. ( so I remember what I have.. and actually use it) lol

I even organized my lace and trims. ( Ribbons tomorrow). Dan made me a rack for ribbons for the back of my door, and put up a big shelf over my new table. (trying to utilize every bit of space I can) lol
It's going to take a while to get everything in a spot again, but I feel good about the fact that , everything got dusted and vacumed behind. (It was needing it!)
********************************************************************
About the Christmas house kit at Scrappy Gourmet... a few of you email me about it being sold out. I talked with Dee and Jill at SG, and they will have more kits ready soon... so check back there. I'll post here when they are back in stock also! Thanks for your interest!


This kit just became available , and is in stock.. so if your interested , you can order here.
( You can request the letter monogram you need, when you purchase it kit)
************************************************
Okay...until tomorrow...



12 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Your studio looks great!! I am cleaning up my messy office too...since I am having about 40 younger girls over Thursday for a little party.

Thanks for visiting me, I am going to check out some of your great posts I missed lately.
xo Lidy

Charmingdesigns said...

We are still having our rain and wind, but the is nothing worse then the ice storms!! I dont ever remember seeing ice as bad as you guys had! I really like what you did with your stamps...remember where you got the expandable spice holders?? Thanks for coming by!! Laurie

~missprissme said...

Yes I love the expandable spice shelves. I have 2 of them. I got mine at containers & more but I have seen them at Target too. They hold soooo many stamps I have mine on an open shelf (ie. not inside a cupboard) so they are expanded as wide as they go. But I think I could even use 2 more which is scary. How many stamps does one need?

Deb S. said...

WOW you have made alot of progress on your re-design! looks great! glad you had a nice day with pam.

Shawn said...

Love your cabinet with all the stamps that are organized, what a great idea! Isn't it a good feeling having everything clean and in its place! I love being organized! :)

Sugar Bear said...

Ooo I may have to snag that hanger idea. I have the week off after Christmas and am hoping to organize my craft area!
Karla

Carol Weimer said...

Your craft cupboard is a dream. I love the ideas you shared. I am always having trouble keeping my ribbon handy and organized. Loved the hanger idea. The antique cupboard is a great way to showcase your stash and get to what you need.

Scrap for Joy said...

I love your stamp display, my stamps are all in drawers and bins and then I forget what I have. I skipped on over to the Scrappy Gourmet and when I saw your Christmas Chipboard House kit, I grabbed it right away. It is so sweet. I read your blog every day and am always inspired by your creations.
~Joyce

DeniseLynn said...

That corner in your studio looks great. I'm green with envy because my current space is looking so sad, like it got hit by a tornado. Gee I wish you lived by me ... I'm sure we'd be friends and inbetween doing art together I'd have you help me get my studio in shape. *grin* Have a great day!

Nat said...

I want to visit you NOW and talk to you, drink coffe and look at your amazing studio ;-)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love your studio...wish minw was half tht cute!!!

Jessrose21 said...

I'm impressed! It looks like you got some good organizing done. I wasted time today moving my stamps so that all the PSX stamps were together. Why, I don't know. LOL! My problem is, if I organize my stuff I either forget where I put it, or forget about it entirely!