Monday, January 28, 2008

Crafty Secrets CHA sneek peek

Yay... I get to share with you one of the new products Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage will be releasing at CHA. A number of darling chipboard albums in different shapes. This shape is one of my favorites! The cool thing is ..they don't have to be used as just albums... like this one I did single , and just punched two holes at the top to hang it. Or... you can connect a number of them together to make a swag or garland. They will come with one hole punched..which is great, because if you don't want the hole there, you can just cover it with paper, and if you want more than one hole... it's certainly easy enough to just punch with your standard paper punch ..where every you want it, like I did for this.
I'm working on one of the other sames now.. and I can tell you one thing... it takes Glimmer Mist like a dream! Hope to be able to show you that one soon!

The papers I used on this are from the "Earthy Paper Pad"
The flower dies are from AccuCut. (F1445LC Flowers #6) and (ZIB070 Itty-Bitty-Flowers #3)
See that little lace-looking scallop around the button? IT'S a eyelet stamp from Crafty Secrets! You can't imagine how gorgeous those look embossed!
These words an the border under the flower, are from the "Mini Memories" set.
Inks used .. again... (lol)- my favorite "Chestnut Roan" , CatEye ink from Clearsnap.

**************************************************************
Here's a little peek at the two page 12x12 layout class I'll be teaching in KC , Feb 23-25th, for the "Midwinters Fantasy Retreat".


Papers are Fancy Pants Designs. Dies- Accucut. (F1440J Flowers & Leaves #3)
The flowers are cut from Felt and from Clear Acrylic. The clear Acrylic is also from AccuCut.





I decided on a " Summer" theme. I'm thinking we're all needing a bit of that about now, here in the Midwest! lol






I've decided the hardest thing about using Fancy Pants Papers, is deciding which side to use! I love them both so much , I never want to have to glue on side down. ( oh .. the trails and tribulations of a Paper Crafter) lol








*********************************************************
If you girls get a chance ... remember the blog challenge each of us are doing over at Scrappy Gourmet. I'd love to have you play along! Here's the info... Vicki Chrismans blog challenge
** Thanks Tera, for playing along... check out her card for the challenge, using three different patterned papers.
*********************************************************
I knew I shouldn't have missed a day of blogging ,now I have so much to catch up on telling you about! lol.... Stay with me here...
******** I have to tell you about this fantastic Giveaway that my friend Catherine Matthews Scanlon is hosing right now. She is actually giving away 2 copies of her new book... ART FROM THE HEART!!! I already got mine...because I ordered it right away to make sure I got one, when they first came out...but you ???... YOU should RUN not walk... over there , right now and put your name in for a chance... because that book is AMAZING! Seriously!
********************************************************
We are supposed to be getting more nasty weather tomorrow...ick! I know that I'm staying in tomorrow night to watch American Idol. I don't normally watch it ...but a kid that is from here, that Wes Graduated with is going to be on. I saw the commercial for it , after Wes told me about it. It show them tell him , they want him to move on to the next round and he's freaking out , jumping up and down. Funny Kid. lol It will be interesting to watch.
Okay.. off to fix some dinner. Enjoy the rest of your day!

14 comments:

Jessrose21 said...

That looks like a sneak peek for CHA? When are you going to post a sneaky peek for Crafty Secrets? There was a teaser ad on Splitcoast but it wasn't enough. LOL! I need to see more! :D

janel said...

Those chippie are just the coolest! Can't wait to play myself. DARLING!!!!!!
Stay warm and cozy, rest up as you have some busy weeks ahead!
hugs
J

Bre~Wiebe said...

cool stuff!!!
~Bre

HB said...

Yup, I'm gonna park my behind in front of the Crafty booth at CHA and just watch and drool. Your sneak peeks are AMAZING!!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet creation!!!Absolutley Fab...

Charmingdesigns said...

Love those felt flowers!! Just want to tell you, my flowers that I glimmer misted...were light blue..I spritzed Bubblegum Pink...and waala...pink!Love this page! Laurei

Andrea said...

That flower is just incredible!!!!!

chelemom said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Shawn said...

I love that eyelet stamp how cute!Snowing here today too almost like a blizzard yuck!

Sharon in NE said...

That chipboard you did for CHA is incredible! I think I stared at it so long I have it memorized. You did a wonderful job on it. You are so talented! It just makes me want to go out and buy it all.

I think our snow, limbs, chairs, etc. have all blown towards you. Whew it was windy!

Linda SS said...

Love what you've been creating this week! That heritage album is fabulous.

Dapoppins said...

let me pause whilst I wipe the drool off my chin...and I won't be at CHA! How can I get this stuff if I am not there?

FrenchGardenHouse said...

ack! Should I just toss my business bliss and have the time to do what you do??? SO BEAUTIFUL!!
Wish CHA was back in my "back yard" so to speak. I miss going.

I am having a blog GIVE AWAY...please visit.
xo Lidy

MJ said...

Oh, yes! The Fancy Pants paper looks fabulous! Bet our temperatures are colder than your temperatures! Keep warm!