Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Glimmer Screens ( CHA release)

I promised to show you some of the other new product from Tattered Angels. These are "Glimmer Screens". They are used like a stencil. This is just one of the many designs. This one was done , just on white paper.


This is a sample that I sprayed a light green Glimmer Mist on after removing the Glimmer Screen.
I love the fact that there is never any waste. Wendy showed me how she just lays a tag or two down in the left over Glimmer Mist left on the mat, rather then wiping it up with a paper towel and throwing it away... it's beautiful with the colors all blended on the tag.



Then ...with the Glimmer Mist that is left on top of the Glimmer Screen.. just turn it over onto your paper. You can use the negative and the positive of the designs.

like this


I love how these colors blend when they are wet. This is the tag I wiped up my desk with! I just laid some of the screen designs with leftover Glimmer Mist on them , down onto the "still wet" tag, for a more "watercolor" effect.






Even if the Glimmer Mist has dried on the Glimmer Screen, you can just spritz some water on it to re-hydrate it.. and use it up , in the same way.



Wendy was also telling me how they can be used for dry embossing templets.. I cant wait to give that a try.
I cant give a way too much .......but here is a little glimpse of some of the designs that will be releasted at CHA. I can tell you this much...they are all just gorgeous!



Be sure to check out the Glimmer Mist Blog
over the next few day... as they will be showing more ideas!
*********************************************************************************
Okay... just a bit of non-scrapbook related talk. lol Seems I've been skipping that the last few posts.
Wes was home for dinner tonight. I love to have the kids here.. for a "sit down" meal. It just seems the older they get, and the busier they get with their own lives..the less we get to do that.
I really look forward to it.
*******
Yesterday I had a nice lunch and a great chat over at my friend Beckys. It was so nice to catch up. We can talk "the art world " for hours and never run out of things to say. Not to mention catching up on what's going on in our lives and with our families. It was a great time! Thanks Bec!
*******
We had a bit of a scare with my little niece Kirstyn again. Yesterday she had another seizure, and was hospitalized over night. Tomorrow she will be going back in for an EEG, so hopefully they will find out what is causing them, and what can be done. She is just a sweet little doll, I hate that she has to go through all of this. Please keep her in your prayers. Thankyou!
*******
Hope you all have a wonderful tomorrow!!






14 comments:

HB said...

Oh MAN! I am gonna park my you-know-what in front of the TA booth at CHA and droooooool!!! Those Glimmer screens are TO DIE FOR!!!

becky said...

beautiful work vic! loved our time together yesterday! we need to get together more often!

janel said...

Seeing these just makes me want to come over to your house and "play"! What fun. I will certainly say prayers for Kirstyn, what a worry and concern. Thanks for the peek, looks like new product will be a hit.

chelemom said...

Very cool! Just more things for me to buy! (YEA!) I will keep your niece in my thoughts and prayers......how scary for her and her family!

Deb S. said...

WOW, those screens are very cool!!
I will definetly keep Kirstyn in my prayers, that's all so scary! TFS the new products with us !

Catherine said...

I love those screens....they look yummy - and so do the colors! TFS, xox.

stampqueen said...

I am really lovin that scroll - chipboard and stencil!!!!
Tera

Sugar Bear said...

I'll keep Kirstyn in my prayers. I hope that everything is okay. The GM techniques are fab! The tag you made with the leftovers is divine! Makes me think of Italian frescos.
Karla

Monica Yvette said...

Hi Vicki, I took a lengthy blog break, but I'm back. Now, boy do I ever have lots to check out on your gorgeous blog! I really enjoyed the intro song/video to your page. Who is the band? I'd like to find their c.d. Anyway, I'm adding you to my links list. See ya later:)
Monica

Monica Yvette said...

Oh, drat! I just realized there is more than one video that plays. I liked the one that goes.."This is the first day of my life."
Thanks!
Monica

Sharon in NE said...

Poor little Kirstyn and her poor parents. So scary. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Yesterday, I started to watch Tilly and the Wall You Tube Video via your link. I must have spent 45 minutes watching more and more of them. Your niece is so talented and beautiful! You're fully entitled to brag.

BTW, these products look great!

Cathy said...

Love and Prayers for Kirstyn!
You lucky girl, getting to play with those new screens!

DeniseLynn said...

Vic, well I am just loving what you've shown us the past couple of posts! I am so excited to tell you that my little local stamp store finally got Glimmer Mist!!! Financially some "stuff" is going on here but I was able to get 2 bottles of it. Yippee!!!! I am loving it and I just couldn't wait to tell you. Now one of these days I'm going to have to get some of those pieces from yesterdays post - oh my they are incredible!!

I'll continue to pray for your sweet little niece. My heart sure goes out to her and your family.

KimmyS said...

Vicki Chrisman, you are going to be the death of me! I only just invested in tons of bottles of Glimmer Mist and you keep showig us more yummy stuff!!