Friday, January 11, 2008

A little pick me up!

Ever had one of those days where you seem to get further behind, instead of further ahead? Well, lets just say , I had one. Actually it started last night. I get a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about it. I seriously messed up cutting out some die cut pieces for one of my make and takes. Not a little mistake you can easily fix.. it was a biggie! You know how , all of the sudden , it just hits you , what you've done ,and your heart just sinks to your stomach. Yeah.. well I was there! More paper has been ordered, and with a few more hours of work. ..(hopefully productive work , this time) lol, It will be right! Needless to say, .. I didn't get much sleep last night. Between my mishaps and migraines this week, ... NEXT week , has got to be better. lol
Gee... why wait until next week, starting off better.... tomorrow would be great! lol Thanks for listening.
**********************
Okay, here's something cheery! Check out these "Blooms and Blossoms" From Creative Impressions, when they are layered. I added one of the Creative Impressions brads with sparkles to the center of each, and they are so pretty. Creative Impressions has so many different products, brads of every shape , size and color, photo turns, hinges, chain, flowers, TONS of ribbons , twill, rick rack, ect...
I'm filling my "ScrapOnizer" with all Creative Impressions goodies! Thanks Leesa!!
(I'll share a pic of my finished ScrapOnizer with you guys, when I have it all finished)



Some other things that certainly brightened my (non so bright) day. I got this in the mail today from the talented Amy Westerman. She was so sweet to send these goodies. She had emailed me a while back telling be she was sending these. She said she thought of me when she saw these receipts (from Nebraska)! Thanks so much Amy, I love it all!
I had to run to the post office to mail a couple of things today, and since it was a bright sunny day, I did the one thing, I LOVE to do. Just take a little drive. Nothing is a better stress reliever to me, than popping in a good CD, cranking it up, and just driving a bit. Except now I dont want to take my new car on the country roads like I used to with my other one..so no Nebraska nature pictures today. lol Today, it was Sugarland and I hitting the hiway for about 20 minutes. lol I listen to their new CD constantly. You'd think I'd get sick of it pretty soon. lol Check out this video. My fave SUGARLAND
**********************************
Then, I stopped at the local junk/treasure place. Another thing that makes me happy.
Here are some of my finds.
Oops...this isnt from today..but I wanted to share this. It's one of the things my sister gave me for Christmas. She knows I love birds. It's by Royal Copley Co. and it's called "Big Apple and finch"
Aren't the colors gorgeous?



Okay.. here's the rest of my finds. I was looking for some more vintage photos for a upcoming class, but of course I came home with some extras.



Some of these photos are just a hoot. If you want to see them larger, you can click on the photo.



All those things, did help improve my day today. (that, and the fact that I didn't have to cook dinner) ha!
I shouldn't dwell on little things like paper mess ups, .... it's just paper right? (eeek.. did I just say that?) Just paper? lol





5 comments:

HB said...

Oh man, Vic... I can so relate to that sinking stomach feeling! But, what a FAB way to lift your spirits... a drive, good music and SHOPPING! wooHOOO!!
I'm really really lovin those flowers! You are just the sweetest enabler!!!

KimmyS said...

Ack - migraines suck! I really hope you are getting better soon.

And what fantastic finds! Just wish we would have thrift stores like that around here

Catherine said...

Looks like you had a great visit to the junk store....I am loving those pictures of the children.....I also love those flowers...hopefully my LSS will carry that C.I. stuff....

Have a great weekend.

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
I do hope your weekend goes a little better from now on. I have many dyas when all I do is run at top speed and can't figure out what I did all day!!!. Great finds at the local treasure shop - too bad they were always closed (in NB) when I was home!
Take Care
Tera

Sharon in NE said...

darn...we're of such kindred spirits, I even ended up with a migraine TOO this weekend. Maybe its a sympathy migraine...whatever it is, it stinks. Somebody heat my rice sock!!!