To read all the info about it click HERE
if your interested in putting your name in for the "Midwinter Fantasy Retreat" , just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Today, I just worked on odds and ends things. I put together these vintage ephemera packs for give-a-ways for my classes at the retreat. I always have a drawing and do a give-a-way when I teach... and EVERYONE gets a chocolate bon bon, thats manditory! lol It was fun putting these together. Each one has 6 sheets of paper, some sheet music, book print, vintage photos, vintage images, lace, buttons and other vintage goodies.
I'm trying to have everything ready .. because the focus will be on CHA from here on , and the retreat will come right after that. I'm really looking forward to it. ( and I can't wait to see who wins the retreat give-a-way)!!
On another subject.. Thankyou to Monica Crowe at "Art design Life" for the "You make me Smile" Award! I'm honored!
And... as if you dont know enough about me , through my blog ramblings... lol ... Amy Umar at "My Sweet Pea and Me" , tagged me with these questions... so hear goes.... (thanks for de-lurking Amy!) Good to hear from you!
1. Name your two favorite scrapbooking topics : My family and My family..lol all of my (big) family, (esp the kiddos)
2. What are two of the best places you have been to? Other than my moms house. (cause it 's the best).. I would have to say the time the boys and I spent in Florida at Dawns , with her family, and the cruise I went on with Sandy and Cindy from Crafty Secrets.
3. Name two things you do every day: play with paper, and with my pups!
Name two things that pretty much everyone knows about you: family is very important to me, and probably that I tend to think there are 25 hours in a day, and take on too much. lol
. Name two places you wish to visit: Hawaii, and to go visit my friend Cat someday .
Two things you may not know about me are: My first car was a orange Maverick and "Kiss" used to be my favorite band in high school. (yes I said "Kiss") lol
7. Name two nick-names you have had sometime in your life - way too embarrassing.. I'm not going there!
Name two interesting jobs (good or bad) that you have had: My very first job when I was 15 , was at Mr Donut. I used to be a para educator in a Early Childhood Development Center.
What are your top two fun things to do after work ?: Junking, and taking a drive with some good music .
Name two things you would like to learn: I'd love to take some computer classes and some art classes.
What were the last two songs that you downloaded or CDs that you bought? Could you have guessed? Oh course "Sugarland" and I think before that a Christmas CD.
12. What were the last two books that you read?: Oh Brother, I sure hope scrapbook magazines count. I'm going with "Scrapbook Dimensions" of course and I'm working on reading " Patty Debowski's book , "Digital & Hybrid Scrapooking".
13. What two TV shows or movies from your childhood do you still enjoy watching after all of these years?? The Wizard of OZ for sure. The others ones I can think of , that I liked, aren't on anymore. I liked, "The Partridge Family", "Family Affair" , "Courtship of Eddies Father","The Brady Bunch", "Marcus Welby MD" ect... ( how pathetic is that?) lol
... OH.. and "Julia"!!! does anyone remember that? it was a show with Diana Carol..she was a nurse. For my birthday, I asked for the "Julia" doll, it was the first black barbie, I was so happy when I got it on my birthday, because I loved that show. NOT so happy that I also got the Chicken Pox on my Birthday..and had to stand at the window to show my friends my new barbie, while they were outside.
14. If you went out to a restaurant what is the first entree you would be searching for? Some sort of Grilled Chicken or Pasta.
************************** OKAY>>> I got this far last night and lost my internet. Luckily Blogger saved this much. It's Tuesday now and I'm at the Library checking emails ..so I decided to finish this post, so that you all knew I'm still alive and kicking! lol You guy's are used to my schedual..because I missed a day, and I started getting emails asking if everything is okay? lol
Not havent internet is rocking my world right now..and I'm not sure if it will be fixed today or next week, so I better be patient. It's amazing how you get so dependent on it!
I'll touch base as soon as I can..hopefully soon! Keep your fingers crossed!