Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday stuff

Today has pretty much been one of those days you just have to catch up on things around the house, so I don't have anything too exciting to share. I bagged up some things from all of our closet for the Goodwill, washed bedding, straighten my studio , and other "oh.. so fun" stuff like that. It just took me a bit longer than I was planning once I dug into the closest. (especially Jarads!) grrrr But I do have to say, it does feel good to have it done.
I am fully aware that I am a "saver", always thinking I might need, whatever it is I'm thinking about getting rid of , SOME DAY. .. but I also love organization, so I keep it all somewhat under control. I have come to the conclusion that my youngest son.. has this same ...need to SAVE EVERYTHING, but... he unfortunately does NOT share my desire for organization. nuf said?
*******************************************************************
You know I refuse to post without a photo... so I'm sharing a photo of something I worked on a while ago, and then changed my mind about , and decided not to use. I was thinking I needed to change my blog topper, maybe something more "wintery"??? But although this was fun to make, It just wasn't was I really wanted. I do love the little winter birdies in the snow though.
You can click on it to see them bigger. They are so cute and chubby.
As I ran downstairs to throw another load in the washer, I noticed , through the window in the dinning room, these stunning colors in the sky. I guess there are beautiful things about winter also.


11 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

The Nebraska winter sunset is beautiful.
I really love the..."was going to be a blog topper". (HA! can you guess I wasn't sure what to call it?) The pearl buttons on their original card just make it special. The pearlized background of the button card sets off the shiny threads in the ribbon. sigh...I just love your stuff...

Jessrose21 said...

Oh, I think your blog banner is gorgeous!! The colors are beautiful, the papers are beautiful, the embellishments are beautiful. Love it all!

Nat said...

what a beautiful photo! Totally love this°

KimmyS said...

OMG that new banner is totally stunning!!! I so love everything about it, the wee buttn, the birds. It's so Vicki!

fran said...

It's a beautiful "banner!" Love the colors and the details. And what a gorgeous sunset! (Will you come get me organized?)

Shawn said...

I love that banner vic I think you should try it out. We are organizing and purging here too. Of course I also have a hard time getting rid of stuff!

Catherine said...

I love that new blog banner - I think you should use it....it's beautiful...

What a pretty sunset.....
Have a wonderful day!

DeniseLynn said...

Oh my - I want that little blog topper! It would be so perfect for my new art studio. (I currently don't have a studio but we will soon have the money to start creating one} and this would be so perfect - it fits in my vision of it all! Don't toss it out Vicki, it's beautiful.

You've inspired me too. Tomorrow my kindergartener will be back at school after a 2 week holiday break. I sure hope to get some work done around here (if the 2 year old cooperates!) Cleaning out some closets is a great idea.

thanks Vic - Have a blessed day!

sheila said...

I absolutely love your "almost blog topper". I love it so much I think I'm going to case it to put in a picture frame or alter it to be a card or something. Just beautiful. So is your stunning picture of the sunset.

jenni d said...

Lovely sunset! It is so nice to slow down a bit and notice the natural beauty around us. I just love your almost blog banner. It is just incredible! Your creations are always spot on! Jen

stampqueen said...

AAhhh - sunset, wide open sky - I miss being a country gal, ya never see that much sky at once in town!!!
LOVE IT!!!
Tera