Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saturday stuff

Today I spent all day in Omaha, running errons, picking up papers for classes, photos at Sam's ...that kind of stuff. Kind of a gloomy day..windy and chilly,but it was still nice drive. I've been gone since this morning, so no time to play with my Tattered Angels goodies today, but I did this simple layout last night. The corners and the butterfly are two different lines of the new printed chipboard pieces. But the really fun things is I made my own patterned paper , using glimmer mist and one of the new Glimmer screens. You can see how easy if is to coordinate your papers and chipboard. I used some of the new colors
Cream de Chocolat
Creme de Rouge
and
Creme de Cocoa

( sorry for the refection on the photo) I knew it would be dark when I got home tonight, so I just snapped a quick photo this morning before I left.
I loved the results I got when I inking the edges with my CatEye ink pad (Chestnut Roan). It took the ink so well.
I also have to say, the Chipboard having an adhesive back was SOOO NICE!

***********************************************************
My favorite scrapper from Finland, Kristi
gave me "You made my day" award. Thanks friend!
I'm supposed to name some of my faves too...but I have so many now I wouldn't even know where to begin. YOU ALL make my day!
***********************************************************
Don't for get the "Midwinters Fantasy Retreat" give a way.
You can read all about it HERE.
***********************************************************
Okay... go now, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! lol


7 comments:

Jessrose21 said...

Beautiful page, Vicki! I love that dusty kind of rose color. Have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

oh my gosh that stuff is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE it. YUM, you make it look aweome Vic! Have a lovely Sunday.

Monica Yvette said...

Lovely work, Vicki! I have a surprise waiting for you on my blog. Check it out:)
Monica

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Yum, perfect Valentine colors, it reminds me of Chocolate covered cherries!

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh, what a pretty layout! It's been a while since you showed us your scrapbooking talent. Love the new tools and elements you're showcasing. Hope you have a nice weekend too-sorry it's been so cold and gloomy up there.
Liv

MJ said...

Your "BE" project turned out marvelously!

Glad to hear that someone else can have a challenging day. Challenging day survivors love company!

chelemom said...

Love this page!!! IT is so beautiful! I scrapped with friends yesterday......got a whole whopping page done.....