Thursday, January 24, 2008

Scrappy Gourmet Blog Challenge

I posted a few days ago that Scrappy Gourmet is celebrating there on year anniversary with blog challenges and all kinds of fun things. You can find them listed here.

I decided my blog challenge.. for anyone who wants to play along , would be to use three different patterned papers on a layout or on a card. Jill and Dee will draw a name from those who play along and post their card or layout HERE , under my blog challenge. The person who's name is drawn will win this kit. Each of the girls on the DT will be hosting challenges and their all different. Lots of fun!

If you decide to play along, and you post yours on your blog... be sure to send me a link, so I can link you up here on mine. I'd love to see what everyone comes up with. Fun!

Okay.. so I'm playing along too. lol This is my layout using atleast 3 different patterned papers.

It was the perfect opportunity to use some of the new Embossed Chipboard from Tattered Angels. Oh...this stuff takes ink like a dream!

I



After I spritzed it with Glimmer Mist... I let it dry and then rubbed my ink pad over it, just catching the high spots. Then inked around the edges.

I didn't really like the shiny silver backing on the heart gem.When it showed through, it just looked a bit too "glitzy"... so I sanded the silver off the back and just added a piece of the paper I was using.

The embossed chipboard starts white.. so you can see how well it takes the GM and ink.



I love that I can just peal off the self adhesive back and stick it down.


***********************************************************
I have lots of little things to share with you... so sorry for bouncing from subject to subject... lol.. but it's just gotta be today! lol
I had fun mail yesterday from my friend Kirsti (Tikkelperin jutskia) in Finland. It was part of the "play it forward" we participated in , in December. It's just adorable Kirsti...thank you so much!!!

If you get a chance...check out her amazing creations and the beautiful music on her blog! It's a treat!
*****************************************************
I also wanted to let anyone who is still interested in the "Midwinters Fantasy Retreat"... Sara will extend the registration to my blog readers through FEB 5th!! ...(but hotel reservations will have to be taken care of before the end of the day tomorrow.)
You can email Sara with questions or for sign up www.saramabin.yahoo.com
*****************************************************
Also... if anyone is from near here and would like to car pool with Amy from Precious Treasures, and or be a roomie... you can contact her through her store blog HERE or at
mrsamystewart@cox.net She's a blast!
*****************************************************
One other thing I wanted to mention is that ... Scrapbook Dimensions has a Blinkie now... so if you want one .. you can get it here! *BLINKIE* With the new DT now... there will be lots going on in the SD gallery and in the forums... so please come on over and share your hybrid layouts in our gallery and chat in our forums! We'd love to have you!
****************************************************
Okay.... there's the Scrapbooking news. On the personal side... not much going on around here...but it seems really strange not to have either of the boys around. Today I didn't even leave the house. Not that I wanted to, since it was 11 below ZERO!!! Brrr..... And you wonder why I wear flannel PJ's? lol I'm not making Nebraska sound very appealing right now , I'm I?
When I talked to the Crafty Secrets girls in Canada this morning , they were freaking out because the forecast was for an inch or so of snow. (laughable I tell ya)! lol Move to Nebraska, and we'll show you what snow and cold are all about! lol

12 comments:

stampqueen said...

Do the papers have to be Scrappy Gourmet to enter? If so I amy just play anyhow for fun - I tend to be DP challenged and need to use it more!! Love what you did with yours - I really want those chipboard pieces....guess I can't quit work just yet :)
Tera

Shawn said...

That is really cute paper! I will be on the lookout for some of that chipboard. Looks like fun stuff to play with. :)

Catherine said...

I love your page Vic....and those embossed chippies are so cool....have a great day! miss you!

Jessrose21 said...

Beautiful assemblage! The papers are so pretty. I wish Michaels would carry paper and chipboard like that!

janel said...

Such a wonderful page, and love all the "comfies" that you showed..candles, vintage fan, the bench and the bell....makes me want to come over..even if it is cold! Your home would always warm me up!
Have a great Friday!

chelemom said...

I LOVE everything you make! I know Kirsi too....I won her blog candy awhile ago....got such cool things, and she is a sweetie!

Maggie said...

I won't complain how cold it is over here.
You poor thing 10-
It's time to move to FLorida, but it's in the 30's over and about to have a heart attack, most of my orchids are planted..
Sending you warm :)
Maggie

Sharon in NE said...

I know I already answered, but I have got it in picture form. Number one thing that inspires me, makes me want to create, to seek out MORE inspirational things and just plain makes my curls turn under with glee?: that would be your layout of your home.

Precious Treasures said...

I know what you mean about the cold. I had a nutty morning and just got my car back after my lovely daughter Liz wrecked it. She has her own car now and it is pink, so if you see a pink car, stay out of her way. hahahaha Well I rolled my window down at the school when dropping off the kids and it would not go back up. It was soooooo... COLD! I just wanted to go back home and get flannel PJ's on and go back to bed. hee hee

Precious Treasures said...

Vicki, I noticed the King Edwards Cigar box behind that wonderful mini album you did. If you ever find those when out shopping pick them up for me. My grandpa smoked those so I am always on the hunt for them. Just thinking about it I can smell them. mmmmmm

Country Liv . . . said...

Gee Vicki, I am just looney about the page you did for the challenge. I see you actually sewed on it instead of the little pattern marking trick! Don't have much to do with your time? LOL! Come on down to NC (get warm) and help me clean! Kidding aside, everything sounds great and I'm going to check out the challenges over at TSG (Jill sent a note about them too).
Hugs!
Liv

myfrogprince said...

Great page Vicki - just love all the little tidbits of your home put together on one page!