Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Crafty Secrets Baby Girl "HomeSpun Cotton Scraps"

I have some baby girl projects to show you , done with Crafty Secrets "Homespun Cotton Scraps"...but first I have to thank my dear friend Lidy for picking me for one of her 10 , "You make my day" award recipients in this post. You have to check out Lidys blog French Garden House, and also her store HERE, to see the BEAUTIFUL things she has posted. I mean really beautiful! Thanks Lidy!
I'm supposed to name 10 bloggers who make my day now... and that's hard because there are so many of you who comment and email that make my day, but dont have blogs for me to link to ... and then there are those that I link so much, they're probably sick of me. lol I never know where to begin. This time , I'm going to link some that I havent linked before and also some that totally make my day...that dont have blogs!! l

like...
Janel- beause she is such a good good friend!
and Sharon from NE-because she makes me LAUGH! (alot)
Country Liv -because she shares her great sense of humor and always makes my day with her sweet comments!
Jill from Scrappy Gourmet..because even though we've never met in person and I feel like I've known her forever!
MJ - because her comments make me smile and so do her stories about her girls K and N. It takes me back to when the boys were little.
Sandy (and Cindy) my little Canadian buddies...because they take me as I am...the good days and the bad. lol
Shawn- because I love how passionate she is about "family "( and about scrapbooking)
Kimmy- beacause I love her style and her free spirit!!
In a Pinch Designs- Because I've been enjoying their post..esp the one with the sign "Keep Calm and Carry on". lol ( it's my new motto)!!!

You guys totally make my day!!!




Whew... Okay here's what I have to share today. These projects were done with Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage, Papers ( from the Radiant paper Pad), "Homespun Cotton Scraps",(Baby Girl), and "Sweet Chips" Chipboard pieces.



I love to alter these little shadow box things. I think they are from Provo craft, but I'm not totally sure. All I know is they were $1.99 , and I grabbed a bunch! lol
The photo is of sweet baby Addison, My neice Amy and her hubby Johns , new baby girl. Isnt she a doll?



Hard to believe that gorgeous image is printed on cotton, but it is.




This time I just put a quick coat of paint on the Chipboard peices.




Buttons,Buttons, I always have this obsession with buttons for some reason. lol





Here's a little Onesie. I stitched one of the images on the front..with a little lace around it.








yep..you guessed it... buttons again. lol









I could not resist a ruffly bottom. tee hee






Hoping to add some little stamped rosettes from the Baby Girl stamp set, but need the correct ink ... so for now , I'm waiting.




Tomorrow is my last day to post for a while because I'll be at CHA. I have my first "Begining Scrapbooking class" to teach at Luthern Family Services tomorrow night and then I leave for CA early Friday morning. I'm excited about the good turn out for the class tomorrow night .. I think it's going to be fun! Between that and CHA, I'll have lots of photos to share when I get back next week!
Tomorrow I'll be sharing my Scrappy Gourmet Project kits for this month. They are available for sale now HERE.
See you tomorrow!









17 comments:

MJ said...

That photo of Addison is breathtaking! What a lovely project!

With that out of the way, thanks for linking me to your blog and your kind comments about my blog & about K and N's antics! Glad I can transport you back in time and yet not remind you of the upsets and dangers of pottytraining and preschoolers...

Jessrose21 said...

Wow, your shadow box is gorgeous! I'm a sucker for pink, lace, and babies!

Country Liv . . . said...

Awe, Vicki! I don't know how I would get through my day if I didn't come over to see what you've been up to! I really don't know how you do it but you sure make me get up off my behind! Thanks for the kind words and link!

I simply adore the little shadow box and little Addison is beautiful. I want to be able to do something like that again some day. I go to the doc on the 14th and I'm hoping he'll give me a scrip that will let me use my thumbs again! (you know, it's our thumbs that set us apart from God's other creatures, and right now I'm about as useful as a sloth!)

I can hardly wait to see the photos you take at CHA. Isn't Jill going? You should be able to meet her there. She is such a sweetie, you cannot help but feel like you've known her for years.

Well, it's almost midnight here and I've got some soaps to catch up on. Have a wonderful time at CHA!
Hugs,
Liv

Bre~Wiebe said...

Your project is beautiful... as always!!!
~Bre

myfrogprince said...

You have been one busy girl Vicki, love the shadow box and the baby stuff is just darling!

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi Vicki..I had to get some more!!Glimmer mist!! Gingerbread,Sugar Cookie, Hollyberry! Yummmm.
Nice shadow box! and the baby!!! Soooo cute! Laurie

Monica said...

Great stuff as always, I just love those onsies! They are precious :)
Have fun at CHA!

Shawn said...

Thank you Vicki that is so nice of you :)I love you little onsie! Addison is adorable!

chelemom said...

You constantly amaze me!!! WOW!!

janel said...

Well, what a bright spot to wake up to your post! You are such a wonderful friend. Your talent, and energy and genuine love of people and life brings a big smile to my face. Thank you!
What a darling project. Always a treat and always beautiful. Have a great day. Your work is jut fabulous!

Sharon in NE said...

Thank you Vicki, you sweet thing. You bring SO much joy to me.

Dawn said...

Oooooh, your little girl goodies are right up my alley:))) I especially love the onesie! That ruffle on the tushy says it all:))))

stampqueen said...

What an adorable baby album!!! I LOVE the Lacy Buttum on the onsie - I had a brief window of girly with my DD and then she decided she didn't like pink and ruffles...
Have fun at CHA - can't wait to see your pics of all the new stuff!!!
Tera

Catherine said...

What an adorable onesie....and your kit is beautiful too!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Everything you do is beautiful. All your friends are so cute. (I visited!)

xo Lidy

Melissa said...

Ohhhh so perfectly precious Vicki---beautiful work!
Melissa

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Oh, so adorable!!