Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mothers Day Project

I finally worked on something! I dont think I've worked on one thing since I left for CHA. I think it was a combo of a couple of things.... being sick , and a little tapped out creativly from trying to crank stuff out before I left. lol Anyway, these new bird stamps have been calling to me, so I worked on this. I know Mothers Day is a ways away but I was thinking this would be a fun , little something for my mom. I usually make her a box of some handmade cards. Just to have on hand to send to her friends. I only have three done for this so far..so I'll be adding more later. Just thought I'd share so far.

I have so many papers I love and NEED To be using, so today I picked these. I think most of them were Basic Grey.
I used the NEW large set of Bird Lovers Stamps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.
and one of the CS little Sweet Chips Chipboard Frames. Olive Green and Creme de Cocoa Glimmer Mist.
The saying gave me an idea.....

I thought it would be fun to include a CD of some relaxing music for mom. She has a CD player in her kitchen... so she can listen while she writes out her cards. I tucked the ribbon under each side of the brown papers and adhered it well. Then pulled the two ends of the ribbons up through the middle of the cd hole , and tied a bow to hold the cd in place..and make it easy enough to remove.

Here's the box open with the cards in it.


I put a round magnet latch on the box to hold it shut. I put one of the round magnets inside this paper band I made, and adhered the other one to the front of the box.




here's a shot , with the cards taken out.






Simple cards...but I love how the stamps look, just stamped in brown. Like I've said before, I am a huge fan of the girls that can color these images with amazing detail..but I'm leaving that to them. ( that's my way of saying , I'm not good at it). lol





I seriously love these stamps!








again, simple ,...but fun.

















I'm thinking I need to make myself some of these. They were quick... and I'm really loving the simple look.


Okay.... I need to finish getting things in the suitcase , and get supplies packed up , so I'm ready to leave for KC in the morning. Looking forward to teaching at the retreat...and meeting all the girls from "The Paper Pixie". ...and spending some time with Jan and Keith.
I'll be back on Sunday with lots of photos to share. Until then ... be safe and have a great weekend!






















17 comments:

janel said...

SO SO Sweet! You mom will adore this. Love those new stamps....gets one mind a going!
Have a wonderful weekend, and stay well!
Can't wait to see some photos from the weekend.
hugs

Jessrose21 said...

Be still my heart! The front of your bird box is DDG! Drop-dead gorgeous! I love the vintage tones of the Glimmer Mist. Simple is good, especially the egg in the center card. Great Mother's day gift!

Monica said...

Oh how sweet, I am sure your mother will love it!
You make that GLIMMER mist and stamping look so easy!
Love all your sweet bird projects.
Have a nice weekend :)

Amy said...

stunning, a true gift from the heart!

Amy

Michaele said...

While the cards are beautiful (detailed, but not foo-foo), I really enjoy the creative way you stored the cd- ribbon through the hole, tied in a bow- VERY cool! Much prettier than any plastic sleeve or "jewel" case- wonderful idea!

Trish D said...

What a wonderful project! You've pulled it all together beautifully - and those new images are lovely! Thanks so much for continually sharing your works of art

Sugar Bear said...

Oh no! I have to start working on Mother's Day already LOL?! Stunning piece Vicki.
Karla

MJ said...

Hope you & Dan are feeling much better!

Love all the cards and goodies that you've made for your mother. Can't believe that you've one-up'ed me on the holidays ~ I thought I was early decorating for Easter & hadn't even thought of Mother's Day yet! I should know better that you work at least 3 months ahead of me!

Catherine said...

Vic, this is beautiful! Your mother will love it for sure, and will she want to send the cards or just look at how lovely they are?? Have a lovely weekend. xox.

Emma's Paper Patch said...

I love your gift!! so beautiful...your mom will love it. That stamp set is on the top of my list of the new things to get....have a wonderful weekend!

Beth Leintz said...

Wonderful stamps- and you can't beat the combination of blue, brown & birds together!

Monica Yvette said...

Gorgeous work. I love the little nest on the ruled paper. I'm sorry to hear you were sick, and I hope you had a great time with your workshop:)
Monica

Sharon in NE said...

What a sweet gift. I LOVE these stamps and you did a great job on these.
Y'know baby cakes, you should be staying HOME and resting...but I'm sure nagging won't keep you there. Hope you're feeling better and I'll just have to shoot you an arrow (throw a quick prayer out there for you.)

Elly said...

Oh my.... I love this gift for your mom! These papers and stamps match perfectly! I can't stand the fact that CS doesn't sell their products in Europe! I think they've such gorgeous stuff, I love all the things they sell in their webshop! Well, maybe... one day.....!

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
Glad you are feeling better - I was out of town and blog deprived since wednesday. But the Convention was AWSOME - great classes and I spent too much $$ of course.
I love those cards - those bird stamps are really cute!!!!
Take Care and stay warm!!!
Tera

Amber said...

Vicki that is a gorgeous set you created! Really a must have set of stamps too- I really hope I can find that around here when the time comes! (i saw the blog winners on scrappy gourmet by the way, Thanks so much for a great challenge!)
~Amber

Mary Anne in NJ said...

WoW...you blow me away with your cards and projects..I would so LOVE to attend one of your classes..