Friday, February 29, 2008

My sisters pretties

I promised one of these days I would share some more photos of the pretties of my sisters. I snaped some pic's the day we got back from KC. I was loosing light ...but here they are. She has so many beautiful things and such a way of displaying them. It's total eye candy , from one end of her house to the other.






She is the "Cake Plate Queen"!!!






I 've shown some photos of this before...but it was a while ago. This cabinet is mine...but I just didn't have a place for it at the time, so I asked Jan if she wanted to use it. It was sitting in my Grandma's garage when I saw it...filled with paint cans ect... I could see the potential if it was just cleaned up. Just look when Jan has done with it! It's gorgeous! I keep teasing her... telling her.. now I want it ...(with everything of her's in it!) lol I don't think , that's part of the deal. Darn!







She has been collecting for some time now. Her and Keith know all the best antique places from one end of the country to the other. Then find new treasure every time then travel.










Every little detail is beautiful in their home.









It was so fun , antiquing with them, because they are so knowlegeable about names and dates of all the different things. I just like what I like ...and dont know much about all that...but it was so interesting. I told them they are just a "plethora" of information! lol

































































I love this set!!!














More cake plates, here.... and...














here.





















































Sometime ... I'll have to just post photos of all Keith's antique clocks.




















I love this lamp Jan made.











































































**********************************************************

Okay... as if that wasn't enough photos.... I'll share with you , the other treasure I found last weekend.







I think Keith thought I was crazy when I asked him , if there was room for this in the car. lol But I knew I had the perfect place for it in my studio. It's just an old drawer... made into a shelf to hang. I changed the papers in the back to some of my favorites.




























You can see here ...the top ( the front of the drawer).























That cigar box with ribbons in it, was one of my other finds. I wish is would have said "Dunn" instead of "Dun"...because "Dunn" is my maiden name..but I still like the box alot.




























I had fun filling it with goodies.


























I just moved some thing around on the shelf above my work table.

























































































How fun is this? Jan got it for me.
































and I loved this little print.
































and why I love this little jar and tiny colored pencils ,.. I have no idea...but I do! I've had them for some time...but they just please me!

This week as just flown by so fast .. I cant believe it. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers this week. Every prayer, every blog comment, email and phone call... all made me realized even more how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life. You guys are the best! Thank you so much!

































10 comments:

Marie said...

omg, I have an antique clock so similar to your bil's (and I live in Australia). It had once belonged to my dh's grandparents. The only thing different is that instead of the writing of the brand in the middle of the clock, it actually has an 'A' in a diamond shape towards the bottom of the face. I have no idea what my clock is worth. Would your bil know?

Shawn said...

Love all your pictures and goodies. Jan's house is beautiful! :)

Scrappy Jessi said...

wow!! i feel like i just went to the antique store! amazing!
i love cake plates, she has 100's wow!!
cute things you have, and got too.
oxoxox,
jessi

Cindyg said...

Omgosh - this is heaven!!! How cute! I am in love with all those cake plates and your drawer/shelf is completely adorable!

Jessrose21 said...

Your sister has a cool house! I love her birdhouse.
Great idea to make the drawer into a shelf!

janel said...

So many treasures. I am going to have to go through this post several times to drink it all in. Hope this next week will give you some much needed rest and relaxation. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos.
Happy Sunday!

Micki said...

Thanks for sharing the photos!!! I wish I had that kind of space to display my treasures!

Country Liv . . . said...

Dear Vicki,

I just adore all the things you and your sis have displayed in your homes. They bring a sense of peace and happiness abiding within your walls. Sharing them with us (and particularly me) has brought me to the following:

Here's THE PLAN:
I will temporarily put pretties,like yours and Jan's, all around my home (maybe one a day-I don't want to overdo anything) and take some photos in high def (at least two per room). I will have them poster sized by Wal-mart. I will then (maybe one per week) have them framed and bring them home and prominently display them in their respective rooms. Great idea, huh? Here's the best part! I WON'T HAVE TO DUST ANY OF THE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE THINGS! I will use a "swisher" on each of the framed pretties once a month (more than that and I might die of exhaustion). When I have visitors they can view what the rooms should look like and can "ooh" and "aah" about what a great place I have (of course they will have to clean a path to each room to actually gaze upon what once was)!

What do you think? Do you get the idea that I might be on the lazy side? I know I did when I was looking at your beautiful homes and all I could think about was: "Oh My Gosh! They have to DUST all these pretties?"

Keep the photos coming, please. I need to be reminded of what a failure at housekeeping I am! LOL!

Big Hugs,
Liv

Precious Treasures said...

Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to go bake a cake seeing all those breathtaking cake stands.

Yasmin said...

Wow I love your sister's cake plates. I only have one but now I'm tempted to go out & get another or two!!
Hope you're keeping well.