Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ahhh... time to CREATE

While I was dog/house sitting in Omaha for a friend Last week, I took a few supplies along, so I could work on some things. Of course I managed not to have with me the things I was really wanting/needing to use to work with. This is why I never to go crops... I'm bad that way.. I need to be at home where EVERYTHING is! because... It's always that "one thing" I DID'NT bring, that I think I need! lol
I did work on this. It's been a while since I've gotten to do a heritage layout, and I've been wanting to do something with this photo. ( my great-grandpa in the middle)


Some of the papers and goodies I used were in a kit I had gotten from Sara at at Paper Pixie
The girl puts together amazing kits!!
You may have also noticed the scrapbook.com button that is now on my blog. They have a great selection of papers, embellishments, ect.. and their customer service is wonderful! You'll find the link button at the top right of my blog, just under my header. If you haven't ordered from them before, check them out, I think you'll be happy you did.


I really wanted this layout to have a well worn look.


I just can't get my fill of these Jennie Bowlin Bing cards.


I enjoyed working on this. The creative freedom was just what I was needing. It seemed like things have been so hectic these past few weeks... I was thinking I would forget how, if I didn't get busy. Creating is therapeutic huh? ahhhh...



While I was in Omaha... Of course I had to do some shopping. lol I promise I'll share the photos from Precious Treasures this week also. That was a fun time.
I also found this for the dinning room wall.



I not only loved the design ,but the texture.. of the fabric and the stitching was really intriguing to me.
I had been looking for something new, with an open area behind, to hang there, because It needed to hide the phone jack...underneath. (sneaky huh) lol.








I also found my new most favorite, fun, cheap, comfortable shoes!! haha Big K... for $9.99
Cant beat that! Pink , brown , and comfy!! lol




And last but not least.... Today, I finally got to wash my car!!! Can anyone tell me, what would possess me to think I should buy a BLACK car, when I live on a gravel/dirt road???
It's been so cold, I've been afraid to wash my car, thinking everything would freeze shut, but finally today, the sun is shinning and it's some warming... so I went for it!
Here's the deal. Every time I wash my car, I'm thinking.. "hey , I want it to at least stay clean until I get it in the garage". Not to much to ask right? Well, it seems it is. I think I'm going to drive REALLY slow , (as not to kick up the dirt) , the 2 miles that I have to drive on the gravel to get home. But it NEVER fails, that road could be "car-less" for hours, but the minute I pull onto it with my CLEAN car.... hear comes some big old pickup, hauling it at about 75!!! I can see the dust cloud from a mile away. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
****
My car WAS clean , for a few minutes.

The long road home.

****************************************************************
Hope you are all having a great start to your week. Other than a dusty car.. I'm doing good. If that's the biggest problem this week, I CAN deal with that! lol
Hugs! Vic











17 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Fisrt, that photo of your great grandpa is so great! And second oh my - I have the same problem with the car wash. Now I just have my hubby do it because he somehow manages to keep it clean all the way home. Oh Vicki - sorry but I laughed out loud because I so thought it only happened to me.

Elly said...

Ohhh wow... your heritage-l.o. is just amazing!!! I love it!!!
Your new wallhanging is very beautiful, it looks perfect on your wall!
Thank you for linking me, I'll link you too!
Btw, is your car still clean???

chelemom said...

That LO is incredible!!!! We have a black car too! They look great when clean, but boy oh boy do they show every speck of dirt!

Jessrose21 said...

I love your scrapbook page! Those colors are great together with the grungy chipboard.

D@nielle said...

yep that's me too, i always bring way too much along for cropping bcause i don't know what I want to work on beforehand .... It does spark your creativity though, you have to work with what you've got ! Love what you made fab as always, and that artwork is lovely. DOn't blame you wanting those shoes, brown and pink is my fave combo....

Catherine said...

I am totally in love with that project, looks like the creative time was exactly what you needed, it's perfect!!

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
Loved the Easter pics - your Mom looks like she was haveing a great time with the babys!!!
Love the layout with your Great Grandpa!!! What a great picture!!!
I also love that picture you found for your wall!!!
Take Care
Tera

Cookie Sunshine said...

What a great post.
I'm a newcomer and really enjoyed the visit.

Cookie

http://www.cookiesunshine.com

janel said...

Oh my! I am love loving that layout. All the detail....just the best! Enjoy the day and your clean car! Guess your car story is a strange little way to encourage each of us to enjoy the moment, as each moment passes too quickly! Even the little moments!

Deb S. said...

love your new canvas!! very cool and those shoes are sooo cute!! love them! i must have a pair too!! your lo is awesome as always! you are an amazing and talented artist my friend!

Monica said...

No crops for me either, you have to ackthe whole house to go to those!
Love your new canvas, fun design!
Hope your having a great week :)

tricia said...

love all the details in your layout. It turned out great!
tricia

Micki said...

I really like what you did with that layout!!!!

Emma's Paper Patch said...

WOW!! i love your layout...especailly the stitching. it is always great to get back to creating after a hectic week. glad you were able to get back to it. look forward to seeing more.
alissa

Country Liv . . . said...

Evening Ms Vic!
I'm really loving the layout! It looks like an old western movie. Recon' they could mosey on down here and shoot themselves some squirrel for stew? I'd cook it up for 'em!
How's your Mama? How did you have time to go and dog sit when you had your Mom to take care of last week? Like I've said before, you've got those darn little elves trained something fierce!
Hugs,
Liv

Sharon in NE said...

That is your great-grandpa in the middle? I love that picture. I'm going to steal it and say its my G-gpa. I love the layout you did with it.

I'm going to Omaha friday/saturday for the Women of Faith conference woohoo!!!

Pattyjo said...

I love your art so much, I could spend days going through your blog and drooling (again) LOL
I love your shoes! They are sooooo cute!
Pattyjo