Saturday, March 29, 2008

All good things

After I posted these photos, I thought.. hmmm... all good things, family, good music, good food, good friends and art! Perfect! lol
Nathanial is sharing some tunes with me. He's got one ear piece and I have the other. He has great taste in music! The kids in this family are just growing up right before our eyes, I tell ya. (thanks for the photo Deb!)

As you can see, I'm still catching up with photos from Easter. I promised to post these recipes, so here they are.
This was the first time I had made this salad, and it was really yummy.
________________________________________________________

Zesty Gazpacho Salad

2 medium zucchini, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (I used grape tomatoes)
1 ripe avocado, chopped
1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions ( I also added a can of drained and rinsed garbonzo beans)
1/2 cup picante sauce
2 Tab minced fresh parsley ( I used fresh Cilantro)
2 Tab lemon juice
1 Tab veg oil ( I left it out)
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt ( I used fresh)
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin

In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients: mix well. Pour over zucchini mixture: toss to coat. cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

_______________________________________________________

Spring Salad (this recipe has been around forever, but I LOVE it)

2/3 cup Mayo ( I used light Miracle Whip)
2 boxes lime jello (I used sugar free)
1 lb Cottage Cheese
2 cups boiling water
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 can crushed Pineapple
1/2 walnuts (chopped)

Dissolve the jello in the boiling water, add marshmallows, and stir until melted. Add pineapple, cottage cheese, mayo, and nuts. Chill




_______________________________________________________
I've also been wanting to post these pieces of art given to me ,when I had our little "art day" at Paula's a while back.
Paula made me this cool round altered playing card .

**************************** By: Paula Bendig

________________________________________________________
And this altered matchbox ....
filled with all these fun little inches From my new friend Stephanie.****************************** by: Stephanie Freeman
__________________________________________


I went into Fremont this morning to help mom with some house work and pick up some prescriptions for her. I've decided next time I'm not telling her when I'm coming to help, because she had a huge jump start on me this time. We're all so glad she is feeling better and doing so well, but just don't want her to overdo. She doesn't let anything keep her down! It's great to see her feeling SO much better!
Jarad and Kate brought lunch over to moms for us, and we all ate together. I was a really nice day!
Hope all of you are having a great weekend!











9 comments:

Kara Ward said...

So many good things on your blog...I just can't keep up with all the yummies. You are one amazing crafter. Kara

Michelle said...

mmm those sound like yummy recipes.
Love the little altered items!

Country Liv . . . said...

Well, here we go again . . . The Devine Ms. Vicki has her hands in all kinds of pots! Let's see: music with Nathanial (who is so drop dead gorgeous that it makes me want to be seven again and live in the west); recipes; friend's gifts to photo; helping out Mom; and spending time with family, and I'm sure you did a little (ha!) bit of scrapping to photo and put on your next blog. Did I leave anything out? Oh yes: taking care of hubby, doggies, house, etc. I get so excited when I complete one layout if I did what you do I'd have a heart attack, stroke, mental breakdown and go out with a BOOM to never be heard from again!

I'm really happy about your Mom; you can't keep a good woman down. And I've been wanting the recipe for Spring Salad for years-thanks!

Oh, and thanks for my new friend Kara! She's the bomb!

Hugs,
Liv

Sharon in NE said...

I saw the "North Bend ->" sign! We drove through Snyder, NE on the way to Omaha for the Women of Faith conference. Next time (spring 2010), That would be a good thing for us to go to! It was so incredible.

janel said...

Oh that Spring Salad is one of my favorites...it is like dessert! YUM! You and Nathanial are too cute for words. So happy that your mom is feeling better...and now I know where YOU get your energy!
hugs

stampqueen said...

I love it that your Mom started cleaning ahead of you !!!! :) That is just what mine would do if I was coming to help !!!LOL (she wouldn't want me to see how much "needed" to be done - ya, right, she should see my place!!! - I think the only time I dust is when Mom or MIL come to visit - ooops my secrets out).
Love those inchies you got - those are great!!! I really have to do more of those.
tata for now
tera

Tracy said...

I know this is going to sound like a funny question but what is "picante" sauce? Is it the same thing as salsa? The salad looks creamy that is why I am second guessing if it is salsa but then I thought oh maybe it could be the avocado! PLEASE SOLVE MY MYSTERY! I am going to try this recipe tonight.
LOVE your blog!!!

Pattyjo said...

I know if you put your mind to it and try really, really hard...you can make something that doesn't turn out perfect. LOL
I love your creations, you have a *golden touch* everything you make is so gorgeous!
#1 fan!
Pattyjo
:-)

andycap said...

I also like Snow Patrol :). "Run" is another good song of theirs.