Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Building with "Bird Lovers" stamp set

It's my week to post a project for the Heartwarming Vintage Blog, so I chose "Building" with the Bird Lovers stamp set for my post. I love finding ways to build with the Clear Art Stamps, on my projects, but when I saw this set... I could see the possibilities were endless. The branch alone had me totally intrigued! I just kept saying to Sandy... "I LOVE that branch". (yeh.. I'm a simple girl) lol
Check out the Heartwarming Vintage Blog HERE for this weeks post, and also to check out the amazing cards and projects people made for the contest... and the announcement of the winner of the gift certificate.
Here is the layout I did using the Bird lovers Clear Art Stamps ...

by building with this stamp set "Bird Lovers"


I started by stamping just one branch, and building from there by just turning the same stamp in the opposite direction, and stamping again.


Just repeat this all the way around the edge of your card or layout. At times letting the stamps slightly overlap. (Overlapping will really help give it a natural looking flow).



Then, to fill in you have this one single leaf! It's so easy! I've even made wreaths with this branch and leaf. I just bend the clear acrylic branch stamp, as I put it on the block. When I stamp, I just work around to the shape of a wreath. I go back and fill in with the single leaf.
I used plain cardstock and papers from the Classic Paper Pad for this layout.
Inks from Clearsnap. (Colorbox-Chestnut Roan)
I did a little bit of faux stitching around the title with my tracing wheel.





I used chalks to add color to the bird, nest, leaves and branches.


I think these little birds are so CUTE!
***********************************************************************
Family stuff
The paper crafters want to see more projects.. and Family and friends, want more "family stuff"... so I'm going to try to fit in a little of each. lol This is a photo Kate sent me , of her and Jarad, at one of her work dinners a couple of weekends ago. I keep nagging on him about getting a hair cut and removing the facial hair.. lol... but he told me last night, he made the Deans list... so I'm going to stay off his back about the "hair thing" for now. lol

*******************************************************************
I've also be promising to share some photos from my friend Amy's store in Gretna, Precious Treasures.


I'm like a kid in a candy store, with all these beautiful glass containers filled with embellishments!
And .... she carries, CRAFTY SECRETS.
and CS stamps also!
She has such a way of displaying things.
Oh... and Daisy and Diva hang out in here, "Diva Playpen" behind the counter.
Tons of Glimmer Mist!!
You cant imagine all the ribbon.
And if your not a scrapbooker... she has lots of other fun stuff to entice you! Check out these cool purses.


And if all else fails... add another embellishment! lol

It's a wonderful store, check it out if your in the area. If you're not... check out her blog PT DIVA , because it's always fun and informative!
***************************************************************
Okay... this has been a long post...better fill your coffee cup before hitting the next blog! lol












13 comments:

Shawn said...

Those bird stamps are really cute, I need to add them to my wishlist!

Angie said...

I love those bird stamps!!! Wonderful project.

Jessrose21 said...

Great page! I like how clean the lines are and how you worked the branch. I would love to poke around that store for a while!

Kara Ward said...

Okay, I am needing a road trip. That store looks so yummy. And your project, simply beautiful. I am a terrible stamper. You are going to have to teach me how to be so neat. I am loving the bird stamps. I wish I could find them here in KC. Hugs-k

DeniseLynn said...

Oh I want those bird loves stamps so badly I can taste them! We have not a penny to spare so I'll have to calm down I know but oh how I adore that whole set. I really like what you did with them! And that store - oh my it looks great in my dreams I've got some spending cash and I've got the time for a fun road trip with a girlfriend or two. *wink*

chelemom said...

Gorgeous!!! Would love to shop at that store!

Sharon in NE said...

Love that tutorial. I'm a sucker for bird stamps and these I've got to have.

Elly said...

These stamps are so gorgeous!!! You made a great page, I love it!

Sugar Bear said...

Birds are one of my fav subjects! Lovely as always.
Karla

Emma's Paper Patch said...

i really love those bird stamps...what a wonderful page! maybe i will have to go shopping today, lol! that store looks wonderful...look at all that ribbon! i have a serious weakenss in that department.

Angelnorth said...

I just hopped over from the CS blog - I love this LO, great use of the stamps and the twining branch border looks fantastic!

Angelnorth said...

I just hopped over from the CS blog - I love this LO, great use of the stamps and the twining branch border looks fantastic!

Pattyjo said...

Kate and Jared...anything in the planning??
She has appeared in several posts. I think maybe he likes her...(smile)
I would love to see what you create when one of your guys gets hitched.

Also...where would you find a church big enough to hold your family and friends.

Sorry! I will stop teasing you now.
Hehehe
Pattyjo