Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Card Challenge day is here!


Today is the day! I have had so much fun seeing these card as they come in, and have been having a hard time waiting to post them.
For those of you who might have missed the post about this and are wondering what's up. Here's the post, telling all about the challenge. Basically, I sent out three different kit's to 20 people to see what each different person came up with , as far as a card design. I always think it's so interesting to see how everyone designs differently. Using their papers and embellishments in unique ways. We used Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage papers and vintage Images. (because they rock!) lol These images are from the Seasonal Booklet.

If the girls had a blog, I linked to it. (if I missed any of you...please let me know). I may have a few more cards to post later also.
Have fun looking at the different card designs, and check out the girls blogs if you get the chance. They will be posting their cards on their blogs , and I'm sure , telling more about how they made them and different techniques they may have used.
They are all so creative and talented!! Thanks for playing girls!

**** And for those of you who wanted to play this time ,and didn't make the first 20 comments, I'll be doing this again soon...because it was such fun!

The names and blog links are listed UNDER each of their cards
**************************************************************************


This one was mine.









**********************************************************************














AMY....(blog)- Gone INKognito
The ric rack for the edge caught my eye right away. Love this clean look!





























*****************************************************************















TRICA... (blog)- My Passion for Paper

I remember reading in Trica's email that she used a stamp for her background paper. It beautiful! Great design!













***************************************************************************







TERA... (blog)-Stamp Queen

Cool corners and love the techniques Tera used here. I'll have to check out her blog to see exactly what she used .





********************************************************************














Shawn....(blog)- Bonorama Mama
I love the way Shawn used Glimmer Mist on her lace...and is that little paper carrot CUTE or what?
***************************************************************************







ROSE ... (blog)... Simply Rose

LOVE this design Rose!






***********************************************************************








ROBIN... (blog)-Stamped Reflections

Lots of cool element to this on. The Scalloped edge, layering , stitching ect... very cool!





**********************************************************************










MIRIAM
Oh. the Vintage look of this with the inking ... stole my heart right away.
************************************************************************ MICHELLE ... (Blog)- Creative Treasures



Check out the creative way Michelle used the ribbon and the spiral clip!!! CREATIVE!
*************************************************************************


















KRISTI...(blog)-Scrap Yard



The "warmth" of this is so perfect. The layering of the lace, ribbon and ric rack, is great too!
*******************************************************************












JESSICA... (blog)- Wild Rose Stamper
I love the way the image is framed with the ric rack ...and the buttons in the corners are perfect!
******************************************************************













HEATHER.... (blog)-Pine is Here
This card is just so sweet! The addition of the little flowers with the button centers, just added that extra sweet touch. SO CUTE!

**********************************************************************













Carol (HB) ... (blog)- Happiness Blooms
woo hoo! Check out that bow, and what she did with the lace behind that button! See that's what I mean about seeing what each person will do , with the given supplies. Love it! Very Creative!


*********************************************************************













CATHERINE... (blog)- Sewing on Paper
The stitching Queen herself! Man do I Adore the stitching and inking on this, esp with that edge...and the way she stitched over the ric rack!

************************************************************************














BEVERLY
This is so soft and sweet! Totally Easter! Great design and use of the ribbon and ric rack in the buttons!!
*******************************************************************

















ANGIE....(blog)- Three Little Scraps
OH..the pieces behind the safety pin!!! First thing I noticed when I saw this and just loved it!



Fantastic design!!


**************************************************************************** MYRA


The addition of the row of buttons on this, I the perfect touch, I think. What a darling card!
*******************************************************************



-
both these cards are by MAGGIE LAMARRE- (blog)- Dragon Flaire Studios



*************************************************************************


That should be enough to get you all started thinking about SPRING (like your not already!) ha!





Happy First Day of Spring!























22 comments:

Judy & Sheri said...

All the cards are wonderful! Beautiful work ladies!
Sheri

Beverly said...

Thank you so much for doing this challenge! I really enjoyed participating and look forward to next time!

LOVE your blog! I'd love to learn more of your vintage techniques to incorporate into my style!

Catherine said...

Wow, every one did such a lovely job!! THANKS for adding more so I could play too! xox.

Shawn said...

wow those are all wonderful! thanks for the challenge it was fun!

Jessrose21 said...

Everyone did a fantastic job! The creativity is great; with sewing, and trimming, and unique layouts. I'm so impressed. Thanks for doing this Vicki, it was even more fun that you added more people!

Robin Desko said...

Thanks so much for an awesome challenge. These are all super, fabulous and I'm always amazed at how differently each card turns out even with the same or nearly same materials! Every single card is FANTASTIC!

happiness blooms said...

OMGOSH! They are ALL so adorable and different!
What a GREAT challenge Vic!
HB

Emma's Paper Patch said...

they are all adorable!! what a fun challenge... look foward to your next one!
alissa

Carol Weimer said...

Love all these cards. I have those same images and now I can go play. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!!

Kristy Vernon said...

Thanks so much for the challenge! I had a blast participating. It's so awesome to see what everyone does with the materials!

Amy said...

These are all fabulous! Thanks for such a fun challenge, Vicki!

janel said...

Darling, darling, darling! Every one is wonderful. What a fun post for this first day of spring!!
Hooray!

stampqueen said...

Thanks for having us play!!! What a great bunch of cards!!!
Tera

rose said...

thanks for the awesome challenge
everyone of these cards are so beautiful,well done girls!!

Sharon in NE said...

What a sweet treat...I just sat back and listened to the music and looked at all the beautiful cards. Such a relaxing, stress-free few minutes. (sigh)...Loved it.
I think I'll do it again. :D

Charmingdesigns said...

Clap Clap!! Nice job!!They are all s wonderful!!Laurie

Michelle said...

WOW! They all look great! Thanks for letting me participate!

Monica Yvette said...

Oh, Vicki, I'm so bummed. I just got my kit in the mail today. I didn't realize they were already due. All of these ladies did such a great job, though. It will be great inspiration for when I put mine together. I'll shoot you a comment when I post the photo.
Monica

Miriam said...

This was such a fun experience! Thank you so much! It is amazing to see the abundance of creativity and originality put into these cards! Good job, everyone! Thank you, Vicki, for sharing this wonderful idea! Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

Elly said...

They're all so beautiful!!! I hope I'm on time next time! Have a nice weekend!

Precious Treasures said...

Love how different everyones came out. I would love to do something like this with scrapbook pages. Maybe I will do it over the National Scrapbook Day even. It looks like they all had a great time creating the beautiful cards.

Cami said...

These are gorgeous! Really divine!