Thursday, March 13, 2008

A little bit of sunshine

Well, we were hoping to get to come home today with mom, but she had kind of a rough night last night, so they had to put her back on oxygen and more breathing treatments. After seeing her last night... to tell you the truth, I was glad the doctor decided to keep her longer. I would have been worried beyond believe if that had happened here. She is a strong and independent woman, and I know she would probably rather be home and sleeping in her own bed, but she is also very wise, and I think she knows this is the best place for her right now. Dan and I moved the bed from the boys old room , to the back room on the main floor here, so I hope I can get her to agree to come stay here for a bit when they do release her. She does amazingly well for 86, and has always done everything herself, but untill she is able she will just have to deal with some mothering from her family. lol She told the nurse today, in joking, that she USED to be the MOTHER.... but now the roles have reversed... US kids think we should do the Mothering. lol

I thought I'd share the bright spot in the day....

Look who came to bring Great Grandma some flowers and a balloon.

And of course I had to give him a blue marshmallow Peep... so he was showing me his blue tongue. He's a hoot , I tell ya!
Anyway, need to get heading back...just wanted to post a quick update on mom. Pray for a good night , and hopefully tomorrow we can bring her home.
Hugs all around!


13 comments:

becky said...

i will definitely be praying for her vic. glad to hear she still has her sense of humor :)

Emma's Paper Patch said...

sorry to hear that your mom is back in the hospital. i will pray for her and your family.

Sharon in NE said...

Griffin! How nice he came to visit G-gma. It will be good she gets stronger before she comes home and then let the pampering begin.
-hugs and prayers-

stampqueen said...

You know Vic your Mom's generation is so much tougher than we are - I am constantly amazed by them!! I have every confidence she'll be better soon!!! Thinking about ya!!
Tera

MJ said...

Glad to see little rays of sunshine in the days you are sharing with your mother! Everyone needs those happy moments, especially when in the hospital!

Jessrose21 said...

I'm glad to hear your mom has some good sense. I know from experience that some elderly people can be stubborn and overestimate their abilities. You're both in my prayers!

Sugar Bear said...

I've been praying for all of you. What a little cutie your nephew is!
Karla

Cathy said...

Love and prayers for you and your Mom!

Country Liv . . . said...

Thanks for the update Vic. Your Mom and your family are in my heart and prayers.
Hugs,
Liv

Catherine said...

I am sure she will enjoy every moment of being taken care of by you! Sending hugs your way!

rose said...

oh so glad you are all mothering,mom ansd will be praying for her

rose said...

oh so glad you are all mothering,mom ansd will be praying for her

Precious Treasures said...

Your mom is in our prayers.