Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sweet Chips Wedding Album

I thought I'd share what I worked on today, using one of the new Sweet Chips Chipboard albums from Crafty Secrets.

I've used these photos before..but they are some that I dearly love.... so I'm using them again. lol

They are from my neice Kiley and her husband Brad's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding, and a sunny day, just perfect for taking photos.


The papers I used were from the Classic Paper Pad and the Radiant Paper Pad. (Crafty Secrets), and the stamps are from the "Cherish" set and the "Flourish" set.



The Chipboard frames come with the album pieces. I just rub my Colorbox (from Clearsnap)inks over them to color them the specific color I need, and let them dry a minute.









The albums each come in four differen shapes and each with one hole...so that you can add holes as you want, depending on how you want it to open. That way if you chose to use them individually or as a swag, you have that option.













There are so many stamps in that "Cherish" Stamp set, I didn't even use them all. Same with the "Flourish" set... but .. oh.. I love every single one of them! Who can ever have enough flourishes? lol Not me!









I went over them with my Sakura stardust jellyroller. Can you see the effect? Those things are just addicting. So fun to use.



















The background that the stamped couple is matted on , was done just by randomly stamping the flourishes to make a over all pattern.

























Oops, I forgot I did also use the new"ABC TopHat" stamp set for the "2007".























Here's a closeup of the flourishes with the stardust gel pen over them.


















I tried to take a close up of this ,but not sure you can see it. I stamped this twice, and then cut the center part out and added it over the top with mounting tape.













The frame on the back was done by using my Colorbox ink again (this time ... pink) and then going over it with Stickles.









Alot of the Crafty Secrets stamps have little stamps that work like little decorative eyelets or can be used at reinforcers.....but this is what I did for reinforcers for this album.
I just randomly stamped some of the flourishes on patterned paper, then took my little hole punch, and punched ..just slightly in from the edge.
Then I turned the paper over over, and my punch up side down, so I could see to center my larger hole punch around that hole.

Wha La! Technical ...I know. lol just thought I'd share.




*****************************************
Okay.. time for me to head for bed. This is a late post. Mom has been in bed for a while now, and she is much more of a morning person than I am. lol (that means I better get to bed).
I will tell you this much ... my pups are going to be SPOILED .. and begging me to pet them, after mom goes home. Aly has Grandma right where she wants her.
Does that pooch look happy or what?

Until tomorrow.




























12 comments:

Kara Ward said...

I feel like I have missed so much...it has been a fun night catching up on all your going on's. Happy Spring! Kara

Sara said...

ACK! This album is GORGEOUS! And what a happy little puppy. :) Please let Jan know her kit is on the way.. emailing you in a few. Glad to know things are on an upward swing!

happiness blooms said...

Holy moly Vic. With all you have going on and you can still sit down and create something like this?!?!
You, my dear, are the MASTER of vintage. (or would that be MISTRESS?)
HB

Angie said...

Stunning work as always Vicki.

Elly said...

It's a lovely album (again!)! And thank you so much for your explanation! I'll keep it in mind!TFS!

Emma Phillips said...

WOW!!! Absolutely stunning work Vicki.

chelemom said...

This is incredibly gorgeous!!! So glad your mom is doing better! Hugs to you and your mom!

rose said...

oh lovin this album, girl you are gonna cost me more money with these stamps I NOW NEED and what a wonderful picture of aly lapping up the love

Charmingdesigns said...

I love it! Glad your mom can head home!

Amber said...

Wow, this is a beautiful album ! Always love the detail you put into each project!
~Amber

Emma's Paper Patch said...

beautiful work as always! glad to hear that your mom is doing better. btw, i tagged you if you want to play. check my blog for details.

StaceyM said...

You're so smart. I can see what you did with that stamp and pop dots. That is a really neat idea. Stamps are not my forte so I love learning something new and simple that I wouldn't have even thought about. Beautiful album!!!