Friday, April 04, 2008

Altered Fancy Pants Purse

I started working on this purse last week.. and today I finally got around to finishing it. It defiantly ended quite differently than I planned. Usually when I start, I have something in mind..but lets just say... major change of plans here..but I had fun making it, and okay with the way it turned out. I adore this line ... and specifically this patterned paper( the background paper.
The paper line is "Celebrate" from Fancy Pants. This paper is "Jubilant"
The Chipboard pieces are the "Dress Up" 12x12 Chipboard
Also Fancy Pants Felt, buttons and Ribbon.

Who is that little girl , you ask? lol It's me .. age 5. Kindergarten pic. Nice hair cut huh? lol
With the spring fever I've had lately..these papers were so fun to use. So bright and cheery!



I think these openings in the chipboard shoes are so cute.. because you can add string for laces.
It was like playing "big girl, paper dolls". lol

_______________________________________________________
I have to tell you ... I was SOOOO thrilled that the sun was shining and it was so nice out today... I broke out the sandals! Woo Hoo! I love these new "Croc" sandals. I have never owned regular crocs (because I think my feet look weird in them)lol...but when I was at Memory Trends with Wendy and Allison from Tattered Angels ,they both had these.. and raved about how comfy they were. I tried Wendy's on and loved them.........so Wendy , being the sweetie that she is ... picked me up a pair when she got home and sent them to me as a little gift. I was so excited about themwhen they came , but it was already starting to get cold here in NE by then , so I didn't really get to wear them. Starting today, I WILL be wearing them alot! Thanks Wendy!



I have my "Springy" wreath on the door!



and changed out some of my decorations to be alittle more "Springy" also. They say it's supposed to be even nicer tomorrow! I'm looking forward to another day of sunshine.

I got quite a bit done around the house today. It's amazing how a beautiful day can inspire you, to get things done, (esp when there have been a number of gloomy ones in a row)
Now...it's time to whind down and enjoy the evening... which is looking pretty good also.


Remember , if you haven't put your name in for the giveaway... You can do it in this post
I'll draw on Monday.
____***
ENJOY your weekend!

































21 comments:

Rose Garden Romantic said...

The purse is SO cute and your spring decorating is lovely!!
Michelle

Shawn said...

I just bought that whole line the other day! I thought that celebrate would be perfect for Bethany's bday pics. Love your new shoes, I can't wait for sandal weather!

alteredaimee said...

The purse is adorable. I had that same haircut in 1st grade! Inspired by Dorothy Hamill and the 1980 Olympics. hehehe. I love all your Springy pictures. I am so ready for sandals and green grass.

DeniseLynn said...

What a cutie patootie you are!! My mom just got a pair of those sandals and she loves them so much - too cold here in Michigan so she's wearing them around the house. (I guess I come by my goffiness honestly} Ha Ha.

Precious Treasures said...

I LIVE in crocs even the ugly ones. hee hee After age 40 I do not care how they look as long as they feel good. hee hee

happiness blooms said...

The purse is ADORABLE! You were such a little cutie and make the perfect paper doll!

Jana M in Kodiak, AK said...

I wish we were enjoying spring right now instead of getting snowed on. That purse is darling! And I love the crocs. I bet they are super comfy.

Deb S. said...

cute purse vic! very springy,along with your decorations. hope it stays warm now....those sandals look comfy.

Michelle said...

That purse is fabulous! I love all your springy stuff!

janel said...

Oh that purse is so so cute, and that photo of YOU is my very favorite part. Darling! Happy Spring, Happy sandal weather, and may you have beautiful sunsets every evening!
hugs

denise said...

The purse is cute... the haircut adorable. Such a sweetie.... Have a great weekend. Denise

Kirsi said...

What a cute and springy purse. Adorable!

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh, my gosh! Are you a cutie or what?! The purse is so cute and did you notice the clouds in the background? Gorgeous! Love the "spring" shots and the glorious sunset. Happy weekend to you too!
Hugs,
Liv
PS: I wear Crocks the year 'round! The original kind are perfect with socks and I use them for slippers, garden shoes, bath shoes (no slipping in the shower!), shopping shoes, etc.

Elly said...

That purse is lovely! And what a cute little girl you were! Those Fancy Pants papers are beautiful!
I like your Spring-decorations! I hope the bad wether soon will be over, today it was finally a lovely day. Have a nice weekend!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh! My Crocs are similar to those but taupe and I love them! Any other shoe would have been worn out by now.

I had the same haircut in my kindergarten picture, although it wasn't exactly inspired by the 1980 Olympics. Perhaps Dorothy looked back a few years at our pics and modeled herself after us. *wink* Cute bow too.

Pattyjo said...

Geeze Vicki don't remind them to put there names in the giveaway! Your killing me here...
Also, your not trying..........
Your still making cute, beautiful, adorable things!
I will keep checking on you to see if you are working on trying harder.
Pattyjo

Catherine said...

Your purse is lovely, I had the exact same haircut, btw!! You were a cutie! Hope you have a lovely weekend! xox

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

I've been a lurker on your blog for awhile. Always love checking in to see all your pretty pretties!! Your purse is soo cute and love all your springy decor. You are getting me inspired to do the spring thing here too!! Just see my first crocus coming up!! FINALLY - Oh yes and I did get a pic!! LOL!! Enjoy your blog lots!!

Charmingdesigns said...

How are you!Your blog is sooo cute today! Laurie

MJ said...

I love when you take us on road trips! Thanks!

Heidi said...

Your altered purse is so cute and your picture is adorable! Spring decorating is something I still need to do, your pieces are very pretty. I didn't think I would ever wear crocs ( I thought they were ugly too!) but I was told it would be good to have them for CHA since we are on our feet for so many hours. I have to say they maybe ugly but they are soooo comfy and my feet never hurt!! Now I wear them all the time. Your sandals are really cute!

Smiles!
Heidi