Saturday, April 19, 2008

Change of Plans

It was sooo nice today ,that there is no way I could stay inside... so I hit the road! You know me .. nothing better than a nice drive , on a beautiful day, with nothing but good music. I decided I was just going to drive to Columbus and get a few things I needed and just enjoy the ride. Before I even got out of town, I saw a garage sale sign .. I could see lots of nice looking things out in the driveway.. and one of them was a small kitchen table and two chairs. ( which is just what Wes is needing..since his roommate moved out). I went around the block to stop and check it out.

The table and chairs where a almost brand new and were a steal..so I snatched them up! I put the seats down and we actually got them in my car!... So I called Wes and told him I was heading that way ( to Lincoln), so I should be there about the time he gets off work.



( this lone turkey.. saw me to the edge of town) lol

Timing wise.. it worked out perfectly. I was only there about 2 minutes before Wes pulled up from work. It was the first time I have ever seen Wes in his uniform (he works security at the State Capital)... and it was weird. lol You know .. their still always your "baby". I started laughing.. and said.. "geeezzzz ..you look so "in charge" lol.... he just shoot his head and said. "oh mom". lololol

He was thrilled with the bargain. And we got it in , and all set up.


Perfect fit for his little kitchen.



I was really nice spending the afternoon with him today, just hanging out. We hit the dollar store and a couple other places before heading back to his house. I helped him with a few things around there,checked out his new vintage guitar, and we just chatted. It was a really nice day.




Even though the sun was down..it was still a nice end to a gorgeous day and the ride home was really nice and relaxing.

I did work on a couple of projects last night, so I'll post those tomorrow... today just everyday photos. Sometimes you just gotta enjoy the day!!










13 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

How wonderful to be able to do that. I'm stuck in my office working...yuck. But I'll be out of this mess in a few days then I'll see some daylight again.

Do you have some secret camera in your lapel? I can't believe your son lets you take pictures of him like that? I have a boatload of pics of my kids with their hands up in front of the camera or their mouths contorted saying "cut that out!!" @@

janel said...

What a fun day for you! Golly gee...he looks handsome in that uniform. Weren't you just the proudest ever? Enjoy your day/weekend, and I spent most of my day outside myself.
Beautiful photos.

Shawn said...

It was a beautiful day! Nice here too! What a great job to work at the capitol. That is the best place to take pics at in Lincoln!

Pattyjo said...

He looks just like my son (alaska).
He has been a police officer for 10 yrs. now and the uniform looks just the same. LOL
They are having #6 in Sept.! Love those Grandbabies!
Pattyjo

Pattyjo said...

He looks just like my son (alaska).
He has been a police officer for 10 yrs. now and the uniform looks just the same. LOL
They are having #6 in Sept.! Love those Grandbabies!
Pattyjo

Pattyjo said...

He looks just like my son (alaska).
He has been a police officer for 10 yrs. now and the uniform looks just the same. LOL
They are having #6 in Sept.! Love those Grandbabies!
Pattyjo

Country Liv . . . said...

What wonderful photos showing that the sun does shine in Nebraska! I was beginning to think that y'all weren't going to get Spring this year. Wes looks yummy in his uniform and I'm glad you got to spend some time with him. Love the chairs and table-you never come back empty handed do you? ;)
Hugs,
Liv

rose said...

oh what a fun day this turned out to be for you!! love the pictures
oh and love your interview on Scrapscene I have just been mailed
I wanna come play in your scrap place lol!!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh Vicki, There is nothing better then just chillin with your kid!! Love the table, isnt it fun to buy what they need! Cute table and chairs, oh, I guess he wouldn't want it to be called cute huh. lol. Glad you had a nice day!! Cant wait to see what you post about next! Laurie
PS.woke up to snow this morning! uuurgh!

Deb S. said...

glad you had a nice day with wes. isn't it great to just be spontaneous(sp)that's when you have the best time!

Tabitha W. said...

you know, my biggest fear (and joy)is my boys growing up. thank you so much for showing me that you can still enjoy a special bond :)

oh, and that table and chair set rock! what a cool mom!!

p.s. thanks for the compliment ;)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Aren't grown sons wonderful to spend a day with? It is so special to get those times.

MJ said...

Lucky Wes! The chair set is amazing for a second hand set! What a great mom to pick it up for him!