Monday, April 21, 2008

Finally .. I'm here

I'm finally able to upload!... sorry it's taken to long, but blogger wasn't cooperating. I had planned on posting the winners of the drawing first thing this morning..but better late than never right?

The names drawn were Karla Nathan(Karla's Cottage) and Joyce Gleason (Scraps for Joy)
Congrats girls... just send me your address and I'll get them sent out. Cant wait to see what you create.
Thanks, everyone for playing along! As much as I love giving things away, I always wish I could pick EVERYONE... so no one misses out. But thanks to nice peeps like Sandy.. I can do giveaways often.. so hopefully everyone will get a chance eventually.
All of the girls on the Crafty Secrets DT will be hosting giveaways.. so you still have lots of chances at winning these. Lisa Zappa is next in line. Here's here Blog. Shabby Chick Junk You'll enjoy her beautiful work also!!
***********************************************************
Here are a couple of projects I did over the weekend , using the Images&Journal Notes.
These were from the Birds&Botanicals booklet.
This little wooden box was something I had picked up at walmart for 97cents. I found it in on of my MANY boxes of alterables. ( I swear I have to start using stuff from those boxes, before I buy anything else! It's just that I see things.. and think... "oh that would be fun to alter!". Well...there's no room for another box..so it's gotta stop. lol)
I just sprayed the wooden box with Glimmer Mist ( Red Velvet), let it dry and went from there.

This stamp is from the "Bird Lovers" set.

I'm always so amazed at how well, a tracing wheel works on wood. Not only does it look like machine stitching ,but it helps seal down the edges.



The other project is this door hanger. Another 97 cent project. Boy ..this post should be called
Crafting on a budget"lol
Too bad, I don't always work that way. lol




Again... "Birds and Botanical" images, and "Bird Lovers" stamps. These papers were from the "Classic Paper Pad".



I don't remember now where I got that little thin, binding, but I love it , and I'm sad because it's about gone. I can just run my ink pad over the top, and it catches the high points and really shows of the pattern. I've used it alot, and really enjoyed it, just wish I had never ending supply.







I was just thinking today, wonder when the last time was I did a project that didn't have a button on it. I LOVE BUTTONS.
Today I saw these buttons on Beth's Blog ( Gathering Dust) and was drooling over them.
ADORABLE!!!



I always like to mention new blogs that I find, and really like...so today it's got to be Tabitha Worthington ( living in the moontime). Her photography is amazing and I really like her style. Just wanted to share! ( I've added her to my blogroll)
*****************************************************
I have some other projects to share over the next couple of days, using Fancy Pants and PageFrames, so I'm hoping this "blogger thing" is all figured out.
Oh... and I have to share some photos from Griff's birthday Party Sunday. Nothing cuter than a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds bowling! It' was a hoot!
*****
More to share tomorrow.







20 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! That box is stunning!

Emma's Paper Patch said...

oohhhh, love the box and the door hanger! i am really loving what you are doing with the crafty secrets stuff. tfs
alissa

Tabitha W. said...

okay, i am blushing wildly over here. thanks!! you're the sweetest! :)

i am so going to have to get a tracing wheel. love what you've done!

Shabbychick Junk said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!
BLOWN AWAY AGAIN! SHEESH! GIVE A WARNING NEXT TIME YOU'RE GONNA KNOCK ME OVER!

Carol Weimer said...

That bird box is AMAZING!!! I love the use of spanish moss with the nest. It's just great. Thanks for the inspiration.

stampqueen said...

Haaallooo,
I haven't had much time to check in with my Favs this week - I worked all weekend so between that and a fun week long "backround blitz" going on at one of my fav stamp companys...I love the box, especially the top with the music. And the door hanger is "awesome" - the little birds egg at the bottom is just precious - we have baby bluejays hatching this week (you can tell because the adults spend all day screaming at everything to stay away...LOL - they sure are noisy).
Take Care
Tera

rose said...

Congratulations girls on your win
Oh my goodness me!what are you trying to do to me these are just out of this world ,You just never cease to amaze me!

Sheila D said...

You totally amaze me every time I visit. These projects are to die for. Absolutely beautiful.

Melissa said...

How beautiful Vicki! So hard to ever pick a favorite from you---I love eaverything you create!
Melissa

MJ said...

Your box reminds me that I should do something with some boxes I have in boxes somewhere (if I could only find them and may never find them). Great work!

Country Liv . . . said...

ooooh, Vicki! I love the little box! The stamp on top is the perfect size and goes so well with the sheet music. I checked out the link for the stamp and the whole group is yummy! The door hanger is so cute-I love the soft colors.
I'm glad Blogger got right for you; I had a little trouble with the length of time it took to upload but I still could.
It's past midnight here and I've got to get some rest in preparation for the Critter people tomorrow.
Hugs,
Liv

Heidi said...

Vicki, I am completely amazed by your talent and what you can do with a .97 box!! Absolutely stunning!! I love the door hanger too!!
Smiles!
Heidi

Webcam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Viv (VivLyn) said...

Your projects are just adorable! I checked out the button site and they were scrumptous!

Scrap for Joy said...

Yipeeeeeeeeeee-I am so excited to win 2 of the journaling booklets. Thank you Vicki-my computer was down yesterday and I couldn't check for the winners and then a friend called last night to tell me. Your two projects today are amazing, as usual. You have such a gift for picking and choosing the elements to put together to make a $.97 item look like a beautiful piece of art worth 1,000,000! I'll email you my address. Can't wait to see them in person-Thanks Vicki!!!

Shawn said...

gorgeous vic! I love the little birds eggs. So cute. I need to get a tracing wheel too!

Pearl Maple said...

Congrats to the winners. Those images are lovely and they are sure to be posting beautiful new creations soon.

aimee said...

So gorgeous!

Jessica said...

Did you hear that explosion? That was you blowing my mind!! I just bought some glass cloches to display some nests I want to make, but now I want to put a nest in a box like yours. I LOVE it! Your doorknob hanger is so pretty, as well.

Kara Ward said...

This just screams spring. Love, love, love it....Amazing...Crafty ...Girl!