Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Finally!

I have Internet again! I don't know if it was the storm we had that caused my connection problems or what , but I've been without Internet for the past 24 hours. I never realize how much a part of my life it has become,...until I DON'T have it. Drives me nuts!
We had LOUD thunder the other night. Freaks Miss Molly right out!


Wes was home for the day. His day off. It was nice having him here for dinner. I was gone most of the day, so I think he enjoyed just hanging out and spending time with the pups. I Know the pups were happy about it. He always has to have one hand free to pet which ever gets the closest to him. ha
Jarad and Kate, stopped for a while tonight also, so I'm a happy mama... I got to see both my boys. (and Katy of course) lol
____________________________________________

I wanted to show you the beautiful little nest pendant to got in the mail today , that I ordered from Natasha Burns. It's made from wire and beads.. and is just adorable. The presentation of the packaging was just as sweet. Thanks Natasha!




I am totally convinced that it's the little things that can make or break your day... so...
I'm showing you two things that totally made my day today.... ( other than the fact that I got to see my boys , of course). For some reason I just fell in love with this jar, the minute I saw it.. I don't know why... maybe it reminds me of something from my childhood or something? But my sweet Paula... gave it to me...just because she knew I adored it. And I do! Not sure what I'm going to put it in yet..but for now, it's just sitting on my desk so I can just enjoy it.!





The other thing is .... Guacamole! I love love love it! We had Tacos for dinner tonight, so I made some ...and it was YUMMY!






I'd love to hear... I couple "little things" that made your day today.

11 comments:

missprissy said...

my "good mail day" from none other than miss vicki and halls honey lemon cough drops (at the moment) hehe

Precious Treasures said...

My good day was that it was American Idol night! (I need to get a life) hee hee

MJ said...

Yikes, it's been a while since I surfed some blogs! So much to catch up on!

My highlight yesterday was discussing the "Lord's Prayer" with K. She didn't understand the portion relating to "forgive me my trespasses" so I explained it to her that God didn't like when we use bad words or don't get along. God wants us to get along. K looked at me and solemnly said, "I'll have to tell N that tomorrow". Too cute!

Deb S. said...

my good day was of course seeing our little kaylie and watching her smile in her sleep! she must have been having good dreams cause she smiled alot!

janel said...

My good day was talking to you on the phone, and talking to my niece that is far away. Yes, I am a "talker"!
Have a great one, and guacamole is truly a favorite of mine..sometime we will share some together!

Catherine said...

Watching a movie "Martian Child" - totally awesome - and I got some GREAT mail too - from my dearest friend Vicki!! THANK You, you are very thoughtful!

Sugar Bear said...

Love the photo of Wes with the pooch. Very natural. Going back to yesterday - one thing that made my day was cinnamon swirl bread.
Karla

Taylor VanBruggen said...

I was just thinking "I miss Vicki!" so I thought better come read what you've been up to lately! Thanks for the reminder to take note of the little things that make my day! What made my day yesterday was sitting down to make a card with no agenda or requirements... it was so fun! :) Hope you're doing well!

KimmyS said...

I can so relate chica - I was without computer and 24/7 internet acces for 1,5 months - I feel like I have lost my family...he he

Glad to be back and to have yo back

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Ms Vicki! I had a couple of things that made me smile and made my day. First was leaving a message on your page at Scrapbook Dimensions only to go back to mine and see you were doing the same to me! Made me get a really big smile. And Shawn said she would be my friend! Okay, technically that was last night but it was still in this 24 hours period! The other thing that made me smile was my daughter, Kim, came to see me without a warning! We got to spend some quality time together. Another thing was the adorable little chipboard scrapbooks I found at the Dollar Tree. Go to Scrapbook Dimensions and check my blog there for photos.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love the adorable photo of Molly with her toy.
Hugs,
Liv

Heidi said...

Hi Vicki! I found your blog through Linda D. and have been coming by here for some time and I thought I should leave a comment & say hello. I love your blog--you do Amazing work and you are very inspiring!! Two things that made my day--getting a call from a friend I don't get to talk to much anymore and the sun was finally shinning and it didn't snow today!
Smiles!
Heidi