Friday, April 11, 2008

Glimmer Mist File Folder Porfolio

Here it is Friday already!.. and I'm happy ,because tomorrow I'm leaving for a little weekend getaway with my girlfriends. I have been friends with these girls for years.. and they are such fun. We used to meet of each of our Birthdays and then for an outing once a year in Nov. This year we decided to do it in the spring, so we'd have nicer weather. ( well, that plan didn't work , did it) lol. Icky weather or not, It will be a fun time. A weekend with friends, shopping and sight seeing.. it doesn't get better than that. I've been feeling like a real "homebody" lately ( even more than usual).. so getting out with the girls, is just what a need! ...Camera is packed..so I'll share on Monday. lol
I'm still fighting winter off... and welcoming Spring.. (even though.. it's being very stubborn this year).. these tulips on my table.


______________________________________________________________

This project was done with one of these
7 gypsies Portfolio's.

It takes Glimmer Mist SO well...
I was surprised. I love the look , and
it's SO much easier than covering
with paper.
I love patterned papers but, I'd
rather do the main part
of the covering , with Glimmer Mist
and then just accent with
patterned papers if I'm going to
use them. So much easier.. not so
much cutting and trimming.
I used the new Glimmer Screens to make the
pattern on this.
I wish it wasn't so darn overcast, so that I could have taken a better photo for you to see the beautiful colors. I used.... "Vintage Pink", "Pink Ink", "Olive Vine".. and then I like to always add a light spritz of "Creme de Chocolat" when I want a "vintage" look.
I sprintzed the pink ribbon , and the silk flower with the "Creme de Chocolat" also.


The "flourish" Glimmer Screen, is one of my favorites.





The stamp on the tag is from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.


You know how I am with buttons , so I had to sew on a few vintage buttons along the bottom.
The leave were cut from a sheet of Basic Grey. Edges inked with "Chestnut Roan" , CatEye ink from Clearsnap. ( Colorbok)



This is the back.





_________________________________________________________

I have to share with you, this CUTE wreath hanger I got in the mail from a friend today. Is'nt it darling . the momma bird clips on to the hanger right above the nest of babies.




I LOVE it!!! Soo Sweet! Just makes me smile ever time I look at it!

I have always really loved birds.( even before birds were "Cool") lol My mom has collected them for years, so that's probably where it all started. When the boys were younger, we had finches..the finches laid eggs, and we enjoyed watching the babies hatch and grow. Then they laid more eggs, and had more babies, and then more eggs, and babies.... ect..
It was fun at first..but after while we didn't know anyone else we could con into taking finches. lol
My sister and I still laugh..because I had given her some, and she went through the same .. egg, baby thing , over an over , and had to do the "you want some finches.. they are so fun" routine with everyone she knew. They start out really fun, but they also throw bird seed everywhere, so you have to vacuum constantly! And.. those cute little baby birds I was telling you about.. we'll when they all wake up and want to eat.. (the minute the it starts to get light in the morning).. they are VERY LOUD. Let just say... when the original two I had , went to birdie heaven, I didn't get anymore. The funny thing is ... my sisters birdies, lived a LONG healthy little bird life. I mean LONG! She was vacuuming seeds for years.. and still thanks me for it now and then. lol


____________________________________________________________
These are some little goodie bags , filled with girlie foofy things for my friends this weekend.


Okay.. have a great weekend! See you Monday!



































20 comments:

Precious Treasures said...

Vicki do you have any idea where she got the wreath hanger. I HAVE to get one for my mom for mothers day. There are 3 kids in our family and my mom said we always sounded like little birds always going...mom...mom...mom..mom..mom...mom...mom...

I can hear her saying that as I was typing it. hee hee

smiles
amy

Jessrose21 said...

Your portfolio is gorgeous! I love the technique you used with the flourish stencil. Have fun this weekend!

janel said...

I am excited for your fun weekend...ENjOy!!!
Great Gypsies project....always love their product, and you worked the magic.
Have a GrEAt weekend.

rose said...

oh love the 7G project, and amzing at how well the glimmer mist has coated this,so pretty!!
Oh and that Bird wreath is to die for,where did she get it!!?
Have a wonderful weekend away and the camera!

Precious Treasures said...

Love the folder! I knew you would come up with a great idea for it!

I found the wreath hanger at Tender Heart Treasures and already ordered on for mom. :)
Have a fun weekend!!!

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Love the nest and tags!

The England Family said...

I just love coming to your site and looking at all of your little goodies! It always makes me smile when I see your projects. What lucky freinds you have, I can't even imagine how cute the items inside the gift bags are;) Have a FUN "girls" weekend!

bnovacek said...

have a great time vic!

maybe lunch next week? :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Lots of cuteness. lots of it! and glimmer mist too.:) You ARE the glimmer mist queen.
Hope you have a wonderful time with your friends.
xo Lidy

Natasha Burns said...

Vicki have a fantastic weekend away! Love the portfolio and that gorgeous wreath!

stampqueen said...

That wreath is just sooo adorable!!
We have some wild finch-looking type birds in the tree out my bedroom window lately - driving the cats nuts!!
Have a great weeekend!!!!
Tera

DeniseLynn said...

Hi Vicki! Have fun on your girls weekend. Love the portfolio ... found myself going nuts over the tag and then loving the tags on the brown paper bags too. I know I have just got to carve out some time to make some tags of my own this weekend. So glad I stopped by to get inspired (as always).

MJ said...

Hope you had a great trip! Am sure your friends enjoyed the little treats in the bag you made for them! What a sweet idea!

Charmingdesigns said...

Have a Wonderful weekend!! Hip HIp Harrah for Glimmer Mist! Love it. Laurie

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

The portfolio is simply amazing. The colors are so stricking as well as the design. love it!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Very cute! I love the buttons on the bottom of your tag! Your wreath hanger is lovely! Have a great weekend with your friends!

Tracy Lathrop said...

I LOVE how this portfolio turned out!!! I have alot of the glimmer mists but not that color. Hmmmmm.....guess I will have to get that one and my lss just got in the stencils too so I will definitely need to have those as well. You are doing a very good job of enabling me! LOL!! Love everything you do Vicki! Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world!

Beth Leintz said...

Hope you had a fun weekend despite the weather!

Sabii Wabii said...

Oh I am so happy I found you! Great art work!
Terisa

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'll beet your friends were thrilled when they opened their bags!

Hope you had a great visit.