Sunday, April 27, 2008

Purse Album

I guess it 's all how you look at things sometime..because last night, as I was looking at this shape of this size>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sweet Chips Chipboard album from Crafty Secrets, I kept thinking

if it was cut in half, it might make a cute shape for a purse album.

hmmmm...thinking , thinking... and then I remember this little purse handle I had in my stash of stuff to alter... so I went and dug around until I found it. After I was lucky enough to actually find it (in the boxes of junk I have), I decided I was going to give the purse idea a try.

Actually it worked perfectly!




Here's how it turned out. I first tried to punch the holes in the top of the chipboard and just use ribbon to attach the handle and hold the album together..the problem with that was that the album just didn't open really easy... so I added a binder ring ( like the ones that you use for mini albums anyway), and just attached the handle to those. That worked much better!


I just used two of the four chipboard pieces that come in each album pkg, because cutting them in half , still have me 4 pages. ( 8 including fronts and backs).


I used papers from the Radiant Paper Pad, and the image and journal spots are from the "Summertime" Image and Journal booklets. I also used a few stickers from the "Wonderful Women sticker sheet". All from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.
Ribbons, and the big brad in the center of the flower on the cover, are from Creative Impressions.




As I was looking for "girlfriend" photos to you, I realized we haven't had any photos taken of this fun bunch of girls , for a long time. We need to get together soon girls!!!

left to right... Deb, me , Ruth , Becky, and my sissy Jan.

Ruth and Sherri in the photo below.

It's a fun little album to make, and of course you can add extra pages easy enough. It would be a fun little gift for the friend, or a little girls themed purse.








I love this image!


Here's what it looks like from the side.


*******************************************************

Nothing much exciting going on around here this weekend. We have both been a little under the weather. I've been sticking close to home... kind of worried about Molly. She just hasn't been herself. We are taking her to the Vet tomorrow. She is always a bundle of energy ..but the last few days ..she's just not been herself. Whining at different time and really laying around alot. Today, I even took her out to toss the Frisbee to her a few times. (her FAVORITE thing), and she ran after it the first time.. got it and then just laid down in the grass with it. That is NOT her ,at all. She was really sick a couple of years ago, and after months and months of thinking it was allergies and giving her meds for that... we found out she had thyroid problems. She was loosing her hair( to the point she had almost NO hair on her tail), had dark blotches on her skin and was lethargic. It was so scary! Since that was diagnosed and she started taking meds for that daily..she INSTANTLY got better. It was amazing! Such a change!

This is the first time she's no been acting well since then.. so I'm kind of worried about her. We just had her thyroid levels checked about a month ago.. so I don't know what the deal is. Hopefully the Vet will get it figured out.

Enjoy your Sunday!










22 comments:

Joan B said...

This purse album is seriously the bomb!!! Gorgeous and clever.

I hope your dog gets better soon (hugs)

Sharon in NE said...

poor molly. She doesn't look too happy. (big hug for her...and you)

janel said...

You are just TOO creative. Oh my...that is the cutest...and perfect for those girlfriend pics. So darling. Hoping Molly is ok and you can just get meds to make her feel better. Let us know. Thinking about you!

Scrappy Jessi said...

this is just darling!!
i recognize Becky she's such a sweetie!!
have a great week
oxox,
jessi

Jessica said...

Your purse album is adorable. It looks like a fun project.

I hope your puppy is feeling better soon! It's horrible when you think something is wrong but don't know what it is.

Miriam said...

I absolutely love that purse album! You are so creative! I am always anxious to see your new projects. Thanks for sharing.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow when you take Molly to the vet. I hope you can remedy the problem and have her feeling herself before long.

Country Liv . . . said...

Oh, Miss Vicki, Molly looks sooo sad. Please let me know how she is doing soon as you know something. That photo just makes me want to come and hug her. I'm putting her on my prayer list tonight.

What a great idea that purse album is! And to think that your mind gets to spinning and chugging along and out pops all that creative talent! Just what DO you feed your brain? I can stare at something for hours before my brain figures out I want it to do SOMETHING! LOL!I started a layout challenge yesterday and FOUR hours later only had the colors picked out and the background paper made (digital). Also I love the photos you used too. It's so cool to see someone you know on somebody else's blog (Deb). She's a neat little chickie!

Those birdhouse are so adorable-love the colors and the glimmer and sweetness. The Fancy Pants chipboard makes a heck of a roof! Did you design and cut those birdies out yourself or are they purchased like that?

I'm sorry to hear that NE is back to bad weather again, I thought Spring had Sprung for y'all. Hope the allergies get better, but this is the 'season' for them.

You know something? If I'd stop putting these long comments out there I just might get something done once in a while. Lordy, I'm a blabbermouth.

Nighty Night!
Liv
PS: You said at SD that you are going out of town again this week? You are a traveling fool, huh? I guess your ancestors took a mule train out there and traveling is just in your blood. Now me, I stay put. My relatives wished yours 'bon voyage' and sat back down on their fannies!

Kara Ward said...

Aren't you such a clever girl! Loving the purse and how you made it functionable with the binding rings. So smart! I am sorry to hear about your baby. I hate it when our pets aren't well and they can't tell us what is wrong. My mama's pet isn't well either, we should know more after tomorrow's vet appointment. Please keep us posted. You are in my thoughts...-K

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Your purse album is so cute and very creative! I hope your baby is fine. It's always hard when a pet isn't feeling well.

Shawn said...

It is so scary when our pets are sick. If only they could talk to us. I hope they figure out what is wrong and she is feeling better soon.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Best wishes to sweet Molly!

Your purse book is just wonderful! What a great idea.

a home far away said...

Hi! You have the nicest banner I have ever seen! I´m impressed;.)

Hugs from Singapore

Deb S. said...

awww that purse is so cute!
sure hope molly is back to herself soon,poor pup! hugs to you and molly....

bnovacek said...

we DO need to all get together again! love that project :) hope molly is better today-

MJ said...

Hope your dog feels better soon!

Your purse turned out sweet! (As well as the page about "Love this face").

SweetBellaBug said...

I love the purse! So creative!
I sure hope both you and Molly are feeling better soon. It really is scary when your pets don't feel good :( I'll be thinking about you and sweet Molly!

Ruth said...

It has been way too long since we've ll been together. Let's set a date when Becky gets back in town. Adorable purse project! Here's wishing Molly well...

KimmyS said...

*shrieks*
HOLY GUACAMOLE BATMAN

That purse album is the best EVAH.
I am crying in my coffee here in delight....

Michelle said...

Love the purse album...

Your comments about Molly left tears in my eyes. They're like a
2nd child... I always worry about my Tanner when he feels a little sick! She's in my prayers.

Maggie said...

Wow vicki can you send me some of your talent please???
Have a bless week,
Maggie

Charmingdesigns said...

WoW, I just love that purse!! The colors are great...What you can do to a plain cutout!! Awesome!! Laurie

Emma's Paper Patch said...

what a absolutly fun purse album!!

i hope molly is ok.