Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Something new from Crafty Secrets....

Image& Journal Notes from Crafty Secrets
Heartwarming Vintage Collection



I'm so excited, because the new "Image and Journal Notes" booklets came yesterday.. and they are FILLED with so many cool images.. I dont know where to begin. Tomorrow I'll show you a bunch of them and even give some away. More about that tomorrow!

Seriously, when I looked through these 4 new books when they came yesterday... I was GIDDY!!

I could not pick a favorite book..there were so many things in all of them that I loved.
The four themes are ..Childhood, Birds & Botanicals, Summertime, and Homemade.
I used one of the images from the Birds & Botanicals booklet to make the hanging below. The Papers I used are from the Classic Paper Pad and the Chipboard is also Crafty Secrets.
. The colors in all of the images are just so beautiful!




The word "beautiful" is from the Clear Art Stamps Set... Mini Memories.





I'm so excited about these images.. my mind is reeling with ideas. You can use them with the image on top and the journaling piece on the bottom, or use them separatly like I did here. ( just used the image on this project)




I'll share lots more with you tomorrow.. so you get a little peek at some of the images in each book.
Be sure to check out the Heartwarming Vintage blog and the Crafty Secrets idea gallery..to see what the other DT member are creating with these. The DT girls blogs are all listed on the side of my blog also.



*************************************************************************
Today was a busy day... I wasnt sure I was even going to get to post to the blog , as time was getting away from me. The weather was so nice today! Finally! and I was in the mood for some spring cleaning, ....inside and out.
Check it out ... I see lillies popping up , out in the trees.





yay.. definate sign ..spring is here.
I even hung blankets on the clothes line today!

***
My (boughten) tulips are opening more everyday. I have enjoyed them sitting on my dinning room table sooo much! Even when it's cold and cloudy... I feel like I have a little bit of "Spring" to look at.





It was unexpected..but it ended up that both boys were home for dinner.... so I was a happy momma.
Jarad brought is old truck out , so that he could take the mower, home to mow his lawn. ( lol,... I guess he just found another thing. he'll need to invest in , now that he's on is own).
He had to show Wes , his (new/old) work truck. Wes , isnt much of a gear head..but I see he's sitting inside.. looking interested. ( my bet is..he's checking out the sterio)lol.
It's nice to see how they get along now that they're older, even though they have such different interests.

It was a beautiful day and so nice to spend some time with the boys. Hope all of you had a great day also!












11 comments:

janel said...

What a special day for you....your best boys....and new goodies from Crafty! Couldn't be better, huh?
Beautiful beautiful!
Looks like green green grass, and the promise of Spring!
hugs

Sharon in NE said...

Oh yes! Crafty Secrets has yummy stuff!!!

chelemom said...

Ahhhh, I am so jealous of your new goodies! You did a beautiful job as always! Finally, spring has arrived in Chicago! 70's today! YEA!

Scrap for Joy said...

These new Image & Journal Notes are a must have! I love the plaque you created (what a surprise..haha) and it is extra sweet hanging on the hanger. Creating and Spring cleaning...don't tell my husband it's possible to do both, *wink*. Spring is finally coming to Pittsburgh as well, we're getting temps in the 70's by tomorrow-YAY!

Charmingdesigns said...

Cant wait to see what you're going to show us!! aaaah to watching the kids growing up! That chipboard is wonderful!! Good job

Sabii Wabii said...

Your botanical piece is beautiful. I can't wait to see more. I don't know if I told you this before but I really like your blog banner.
Terisa

Melissa said...

Oh my! I'm already sold on those little booklets---and your project is so beautiful---you wow me everytime I visit.
I've got to hunt me some of those little goodies down!
Melis

Country Liv . . . said...

Hey Ms Vicki! What a wonderful, Springy, post today. I love the hanging, Pink and Green, oh my! And I'm soo glad Spring is coming your way but tell me the truth, did you get down on your belly to snap that photo of the lilies? Girl, you are too, too, much! Poor boys, can't even take a quick jaunt outside without Momma snapping away! LOL! You are so cool! They are really going to appreciate all those photos when they get older.
Guess what? I'm working on a hybrid project! Can't believe my fingers are cooperating but I'll post photos when I'm through-I'm sooo excited!
Hugs,
Liv

Jessica said...

Oh wow! This is GORGEOUS!! I love all the soft colors and trims and the beautiful print. All the new images look great, esp. the Birds!

Emma's Paper Patch said...

what a beautiful plaque!! i am so ready for spring..those are beautiful tulips!
alissa

Sam Morris said...

OH MY GOSH, how do you keep making so many pretty things??!! LOVE them all! So delicate and pretty and wonderful :)