Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Artsy sort of day

Well, it was a super fun day with the girls. We had lunch , chatted , shared ideas and projects, cut dies like crazy, and had fun just creating together.

First I'll share the projects we worked on.

I did these little fairies.



and these... which are pretty silly I know. It's my Dad, with his Dad. If you knew my dad and what a jokester he was , you would totally understand why the "gestures" hat is so fitting.

( you can click on these photos to see them larger)

Is this just the cutest or what? Stephanie made her pooches into cute little fairies!


by: Stephanie
****************************************************************
I invited Deb to come join us today. She did this darling "Kaylie Fairy".. with he new Grandbaby's photo. Isn't she a doll! It turned out so cute!

by: Deb
*****************************************************************
Jessica made this cool shadow box. It was just amazing!


by: Jessica

*********************************************************


Paula put her fairy in the shadow box. I love that she cute a ticket to make her hat, and it says Nebraska on it! lol
Everyones projects turned out fantastic and it was so fun to Create together.

********************************************************************






We had Chicken salad, with Cantaloupe and Honeydew melon. Cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches and Chocolate Covered Strawberries.


I used my 12x12 scalloped die from AccuCut and Scrapbook Papers for our placemates. (seemed fitting)lol I had gotten these papers in a pkg ... 6 for $1 at the dollar store. I thought they were kind of pretty.








I was so so honored that Jessica made this beautiful piece of art for me. She does this with a woodburning tool , pastels, watercolors and acrylics. I wish you could see it in real life.. it's amazing! You can click to see it bigger.








Stephanie made these for everyone. I told you they were a talented bunch!







Paula made everyone these goodie baskets.



AccuCut
We cut dies for future projects and ... ooooogled over the new bird , crown and wings dies. They have some amazing new dies. You can check them out here .. and also see some fantastic projects on the new AccuCut blog. those girls do a great job of keeping that blog filled with great projects and ideas.
... Oh.. I just looked and my Dress form is posted there right now... woo hoo!! You can see it here on the AccuCut Blog
That dress was the biggest altered project I've ever done. ( and yes... HB.. it took me more than ONE night!) lol










Jessica

Yep... we had us some fun!

Thanks for coming over girls.. it was so fun! Wish all of you could have been here!






















































18 comments:

paisleydragonfly said...

What a creative bunch! Love your little fairies.

Denise

aimee said...

I am so jealous! What an amazing group of artsy friends you have! And chocolate dipped strawberries! I am in complete love with Stephanie's little doggie faeries.

Melissa said...

Gracious girl---these are irresistible! How fun and sweet!
Melis

vicki boutin said...

Looks like a good, creative time was had by all!!!!

janel said...

Wow!
Wonderful!!
What fun you must have had...and so creative. Loved the lily of the valley flowers....so pretty! And, those projects are more than adorable.

Thanks for posting all the fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your Spool Dolls. Nice to see what a Unique use you found for the spools! Great work as always. TFS!

Catherine said...

Can August 14th be tomorrow???? Looks like you had an awesome time - and everyone is so dang talented!! Wowee.

Angie said...

Wow Vicki everyones art is amazing, I am totally inspired. I love the look of the fairies and think I may need to try making one or two. I don't always comment, but I'm always inpressed with your posts.

stampqueen said...

What an awsome playdate!!! Loved it ALL - the fairies were awsome - love the beautiful baby, the pooches and the one of your Dad!!!
And what an awsome spread you had!!!

Michelle M White said...

Okay...could you PLEASE move to San Diego?!? I am soooo envious of your fun day...what an awesome group. I am obsessed with the fairies.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

The food and table setting looked scrumptous! It looks like you gals had a ton of fun!!

Shawn said...

Looks like fun!! I put August on the calendar so I hope that I get to come visit! Your chicken salad looks so yummy! Love all the projects, so cute!

Country Liv . . . said...

Ooooh, what I wouldn't give to have shared such a special day with like minded crafters! Most of my friends work outside the home and don't make time for themselves. I really need to go to NE for some fun. The lunch table was so inviting; the lily of the valley so beautiful. hmmm . . . reminds me of days gone by in the deep south.
I have a surprise for you . . . but it isn't ready yet. tee hee
Hugs,
Liv

Deb S. said...

omg what a fun,fun day vic!!thanks again,so very much for everything! it was one of my favorite kind of days!! :)deb

Precious Treasures said...

Vicki I am so in love with those fairies! Can you make one for the store for a display out of a picture of Ruthy? I cannot wait to see them in person!

rose said...

oh what creations everyone did yesterday,love them all
oh and choco covered strawberries
what a great day this looks ,wish I had been there

happiness blooms said...

What an AWESOME day of fun!!! I'd be happy just to come over for that yummy lunch! ;)

Oh, and I kinda new it would take more than one night to create something that gorgeous. It would have to take you at least two!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh my...the projects, the gifts, the friends, it all looks wonderful!! And well deserved.