Saturday, May 31, 2008

Griffs book

Again..when I have a million other things I should be doing , I start (what should be a really quick little project)... and drag it out. I'm notorious for doing this for some reason. lol What is my deal? lol

Actually this only took a couple of hours, but I probably should have been packing, or cleaning , or one of a million other things. lol Oh well, it was really relaxing to work on since it 's so simple ..and I could just watch tv while I was working on it. One of those no pressure, no deadline sorta things..that you can just take your time and enjoy working on.

Since Griff has been sick and I had an extra set of photos from the day he came out to play, I decided I'd make him a little book. I wanted it to be something he could take to nap time or bedtime. ( not a sit on the shelf.. keepsake kind of book) something sturdy , he could really use.

It's a quick it's "story book" about the day.

These aren't all the pages... (I didn't want to bore you)lol ,but just a few.





I just happened to have this Chipboard album on hand.. and have had it for a while , so decided it would be a good and sturdy, with pages that would be easy for his age. BUT....


Fancy Pants has just come out with these new "Storybooks" that are great. I'll be doing one of those next.

You can check it out here. It would be such a fun project to make a personalized book for a little one.














At the end of the book are pic's of Aly and Molly...because he loves playing with them.

Hope he likes it. Thanks for asking about him...he is doing better.
****************************************************************


Nebraska has been having storms like crazy. It was kind of scary the other night..but luckily WE ended up with just wind and rain. Others werent that lucky. The sky was ominous though.


When I when into Fremont Yesterday, I couldn't believe the water that was standing everywhere.

This was just where I pull onto the highway. There's never water here. I hope the weather is good today..since the girls are coming and we are planning to grill. I'm really looking forward to seeing them all. Should be a fun time.

I had fun making up these fun little $ store containers with summer fun goodies. I love making up little inexpensive fun party favors like this. I get such a kick out of it. I thought they could just use the baskets for storage later. I just added some ribbon and silk flowers. When I use silk flowers I pop the centers out and use Creative Impressions Big Brads for centers instead.. the brad makes the flowers easy to attach to the ribbon.(or to paper, ect)
****************
I'll share photos tomorrow!
ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY!














15 comments:

Her Vintage Stage said...

What an adorable boy! And a great little book. I like the artist pages.

Jessica said...

Griff's book is just the sweetest thing! He'll treasure it and I bet he sleeps with it every night. :)

Charmingdesigns said...

Those are great baskets and that book...He will LOVE it..what kid doesnt want a book about themselfs! can you take a pic of his reaction when you give it to him?? Laurie

KimmyS said...

I *heart* that book - it's so awesome and Griff is such a cutie!

Loving those baskets too

Vicki said...

What a great album for Griff! Love the pic of him shaving.

Congrats on becoming part of the Tattered Angels Design Team!!

Amber said...

I know exactly what you mean about making up little party favors, I feel the same way, I just don't do it often enough. That is a GREAT little album Vicki, love the happy colors!
~Amber

rose said...

oh so glad Griff is doing much better he is going to LOVE this book it is wonderful
OH love the little goodie bags you have made up look so much fun!
Highway what highway,cant see one lol!!!

missprissy said...

Hi Vicki!! Just wanted to stop in and say hi. I spent the morning over at Paper Tales and I can't wait until you come and teach. I'll be there for sure. Just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about ya', I lurk a lot and should comment more often. Just uploaded some pics on my blog if you are interested. MissPrissy

Catherine said...

Looks like you'll be having a wonderful day with your friends - rain or shine!! We got some good rain today too - very much needed too!!

Have fun! xox.

Sugar Bear said...

What a great idea and such a sweet book. Auntie Bic is gets a gold star for sure!
Karla

~Sasha Farina~ said...

how adorable is that book!! i NEED to make one... or twelve! :D

stampqueen said...

Love the little book for Griff!!!
Have fun playing - I'm off to work again - but its day 5 of 5 so tomorrow I will play!!! :)

janel said...

Darling darling book, and he..and mom will cherish it forever. Hoping the sun shines brightly on you today, and you have a beautiful "sunday"! Great post!

Susan said...

You are like me - whenever I'm the busiest is when I tend to do more stuff that could wait... Love Griff's little book and I'm sure he will too. So glad to hear he is doing better. He must love his Aunt Vic since you guys do such fun things together.
Susan

Michelle said...

I love that Griff book! so cute!!
and the gift baskets are cute, too!