Monday, May 19, 2008

A house for my fairies

Happy Monday friends! Well, here I am sharing ..just another one of the projects I had no business working on. Oh brother.. like there isn't a million other things I should be doing! I had so much fun making those fairies the other day. ( you can see them here) , that decided to make this to hang on the wall to keep them in.
I already had this unfinished wood house, because I saw it awhile back at (either Hobby Lobby or Micheal's.. not sure) and picked it up when the wood stuff was on sale. I had done a taller version of a "shelf house" before..but "Paper Trends" picked it up for publication... so my wall is blank again. lol I think it might be coming out in the next issue. Anyway.. I did a new one with a different look.

It's weird, I know, but I find projects like this so therapeutic. Just cutting and piecing all these different papers.. is so enjoyable. It didn't take long at all. I did it while I was watching the Country Music Awards. ( btw.. did you see Sugarland?)

I think the fairies I made the other day are going to be too tall for this..but that's okay because I'm dying to make more. lol The other house is taller so they should fit in there...just right now I'm liking them under glass anyway. ( keeps them from flying away).
If your interested in who makes these houses..here is the tag from the back. You can click on it to see it bigger.


Here's a side view , so you can see about how deep it is.



************************************************************
Why does Spring always seem to be such a busy time? I just feel like there's so much to do, and I cant begin to get it all done. I NEED to get out in the flower bead in the front yard and get busy!
I have been cleaning out closets and drawers... taking stuff to the Goodwill. That feels good.
Yesterday Aly and Molly both got baths...(that's enough to wear anybody out!). I did laundry , and then even tackled the mud room closet. Yay! Glad that's done.
*************
I always like to share good finds, whether , it's scrapbooking products, good links, or blogs, whatever.. so today I have to share with you my new favorite find.

This......
They are on sale at Target.. 2 for $5. And it is the most yummy cereal ever!
Just thought I'd give you the scoop! lol (get it? "the scoop")

**********************************************************
I'm pretty excited that the "artsy girls" lol, are coming to my house on Wed for a little lunch and play time. It wasn't that long ago that we got together, but with CHA project coming up.. I'm taking my turn now. I think we might be making "fairies". lol Cant wait!






14 comments:

Linda F. said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki! This is so stinkin' CUTE! I really have to get one of these! I agree...decorating things like this is so much fun! BTW, I was at MegaMeet in Michigan last year and stocked up on lots of Crafty Secrets goodies! Of course, I want MORE!

Catherine said...

I love this project Vic, and I wish I can't wait for lunch and playtime at your house!! he he he

Shawn said...

Love your little house that is so cute! What a perfect way to display things! I love archer farms brand of anything, there tomato basil chips are to die for! We did yard work yesterday and now I'm sunburned so don't forget your sunblock!!

Jessica said...

I love the colors you chose for your house. An earlier version of one of your houses inspired me to make one for my mom for Mother's Day. I'll have to take some pictures of it and post it on my blog. I'd love to do some more!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

So cute! Can't wait to see it all loaded up!

TheTatums said...

Vicki, I love this idea. Now I REALLY have to turn my girls into fairies!
Ann

aimee said...

Darling! Your fairies are going to be so perfect in there! It's like paper dolls for grown ups! Cute Cute Cute!

Sugar Bear said...

What a perfect fairy palace!
Karla

stampqueen said...

That little house is soo cute - wouldn't you know I found one this am at a thrift shop almost the same size/shape for only 99cents!!!
Like I really needed something more to do - I literally cannot walk in my craft room right now - I may need a snowplow....and I said I wasn't going to go to the thrift stores aagain until I got some stuff done....

Tabitha W. said...

I am so in love with those fairies!! They will look perfect in ther new house! I am really thinking i'm going to have to try this...

Delaney Gates said...

Wow! So beautiful! I love the papers you chose. -And you even covered the walls of each little nook! I cannot EVEN imagine how long that took!

KimmyS said...

*shrieks* just how YUMMY do those clusters look?? Great, now not only do I lust after your mouth watering projects but you enable me to look up food now as well ;)

janel said...

You are going to have such fun on Wed. I wish I could be a fly on the wall, and soak up all that creativity.
Have fun, and can't wait to see your post after the "fairy fun"!

Lana said...

I tagged you Vicki! Lovely stuff as always. ANd that last glass covered project - AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I'm still reeling from that one!