Friday, May 16, 2008

Past meets Present

Today I was just messing around with a couple of vintage images and started making these little fairies. I used some pieced of dowles and these old wooden spools I've had forever.. to make stand for them. As I was working on them.. I thought.. hmmm... why not use current images. So... I pulled up a couple on images of Kirstyn and Griffin in photoshop, turned them to Black and white and sized them to about what I wanted. Now I wish I would have found some vintage images that were actually my family members.. so they could "play" together. Wouldn't it be fun to do a set with 3 or 4 generations .. as little children. I have to look through my moms photos again, and she what I can find to make copies of. I looked through my files, but you have to find photos that show the entire body( with legs)... and I'm realizing that I seem to take more close ups than I do full body. Oh.. I will be changing that.. for future fairies! I have a mission now! lol

( you can click on this photo to see it bigger, if you want)

*****************************************************************

If you like these sorts of things.. you will love these sites....

Snuppeline -Creative Creations - check out these ATC's

Tikkelperin jutskia- fun stuff here too!

Oscraps.com - ( you have to check these digi layouts... with wings ect.) AMAZING!

Artful Musings - (check out these done on Popsicle sticks)
On these first two, I used some really large watch faces on the bottoms of the wooden spools.




On the one of Griff , below.. I started with a chipboard circle and glued down wooden bingo "whatchacallums"? lol
In the original photo, Griff was going down the slide.lol ( now he's holding the word "ART" ol)





In this original photo, Kirstyn was catching bubbles.
I looked and looked for a photo of J, I could use..but he is "quick" lol... I'm lucky if I can catch up with him with the camera. ( without getting a blur). lol He'll be my mission next time. lol



This will be their new little home for now. Untill I get a chance to go through moms photos, then they'll have to move to a bigger place. lol





Have a super weekend!!!!







27 comments:

Michaele said...

What a wonderful idea! Cute, cute, cute, sweet, sweet, sweet! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Charlene said...

These are amazing! I can't stop looking at them and am now trying to think what pictures I have printed that I can play with. These are just the sweetest things. Beautiful job!

rose said...

OMG these are so fun, totally amazed and what a great place to keep them until the family grows
off for another look,just devine!

Maggie said...

omgosh vicki those are so wonderful...make me want to use my truffle container..
Have a great weekend,
Maggie

stampqueen said...

How adorable!!! Good thing you thought to keep them under glass as they might fly away!!! :) I haven't got much crafting done this week - needed new shirts for work and my sewing machine and I are not the best of friends :) - he has behaved well this week I am slow though...
Karla needs to see your fairies!!!

jeriray said...

Those are too stinking cute!!

MJ said...

What a sweet project! I love the multi-generation concept of it too! That would be a real treat to pull together for a family spring or summer picnic where fairies tend to lurk!

Charmingdesigns said...

Those are the cutes ever!! You are soooo clever!! Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend!! Laurie

Dapoppins said...

now I know how to use all those wings I have been buying!

michelle g. said...

These are gorgeous! What a wonderful idea!!!! I love the idea of multiple generations "playing" together, creative brilliance! :)

aimee said...

How fun!!! These are just precious, I love your idea of doing all the different generations so they play together. To sweet!

eva said...

These are the cutest little fairies I have ever seen!!! Sooo sweet!

Micki said...

Those are SO cute!

Viv (VivLyn) said...

Those are so cute! What a creative imagination you have!!

Deb S. said...

Oh Vic how sweet and creative!! Just darling my friend! ;)

Judy & Sheri said...

How adorable! I can't wait to create my own fairy family. Thanks for sharing!

TheTatums said...

Love these! I'm really glad you decided to use new photos in black and white. I love doing that. In fact almost all the projects I've made in the past year I've changed my new photos to look old. I think my mom needs fairy versions of all her grandchildren. I bought a whole bag of wooden spools a few weeks ago and they're just waiting to be used. Thanks so much for sharing these!!!

Ann
Come by my blog later to see if I really did do this. :-)
http://keepinupwiththetatums.blogspot.com

Pattyjo said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

Pattyjo
:-)

Susan said...

Vicki,
Love what you did with the fairies. The contemporary pictures look great and I like how you put them on wooden spools. I'll have to make some more and put them under glass so they won't fly away.
Susan T

michele g. said...

These are so cute. I may have to try these.

XO
M

Country Liv . . . said...

Gee Willickers! You can come up with more ways to have fun and be creative at the same time! Fairies, elves, hmmm. . . do I see a theme here? I have been working on a digital kit that has fairies! Like minds? And all that? LOL! Have a wonderful weekend, Luv!
Liv

D@nielle said...

Oh these are so cute ! I'd love to make something like this but have no idea how to start ... Got any tips ?

Dawn said...

Vicki, these are seriously cute behind the glass dome! I love all these little altered people you make...soo cute and vintage:)

Brenda said...

OMG!! I am in love with your fairies. They are so cute and sweet and beautiful!! I want to know how to make them. Are you ever going to give the directions on making them?

Catherine said...

OH MY HECK, these are awesome! I have so many of those wooden spools I may just have to try and make one! PERFECT!! TFS!!

Kirsi said...

These are just so darling. Just awesome project.

Thanks also mentioning my blog and sending so many visitors over.

=o)

Patricia said...

These are ever so lovely!!!