Friday, May 23, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cup Cake Challenge #17

Today is Taylor Vanbruggens Cup Cake Challenge # 17. Where's the Cup Cake you ask? lol Well, Is not a requirement to have an actual "cupcake" involved. Taylor posts the sketch every Friday, and we create a card, layout or project, based on the sketch.


Supplies:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage

Image from the "Birds and Botanicals" Image and Journal Notes booklet

Papers from the "Classic Paper Pad"

Stamp from Clear Art Stamps "Wildflowers" set

Ink-Colorbox

Cardstock-Bazzil

You can see the sketch and catch the scoop on Taylor's Blog... plus see her beautiful work.
Don't forget to check out the beautiful creations from the cupcake challenge samplers.


Stephanie Hargis: Steph's Stampin' Stuff
Sherrie Siemens: Card Creme
Jami Sibley: More is More
Mary Jo Albright: Beauty Lies Within
Monika Davis: M.A.D. Stamper
Lynn Mercurio: Stamperosity
Ana Wohlfahrt: Ink A Stamp

Hope you can play along!
Thanks for the great sketch Taylor!

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card! I absolutely love that image! Great job with this sketch! :D

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful card, Vicki. Love the soft pinks and greens. Stunning!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card... love the soft colors and that image. TFS!

Her Vintage Stage said...

I loved your blog so much I linked to mine. Beautiful card.

Taylor said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I love the soft colors and your wonderful vintage style! Thanks for agreeing to sample the sketch each week! Hope you have a great memorial day weekend!

mjalbright said...

Wow!!! Beautiful card. Love everything about it.
Have a wonderful weekend.

rose said...

simply beautiful and love this botanical journalling set,argh yes Miss Vicki I managed to lay my hands on all 4 and had them shipped in,I just know I will be needing more
Love the softness of the pink and Green,awesome stitching detail and gotta love a button or two!!

Jessica said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the botanicals, and of course your tracing wheel work.

Sherrie said...

Oh this is so pretty Vicki....and very YOU. Love it!

Delaney Gates said...

Such a lovely card!

Nat said...

I so love this card- amazing!

Lovetostamp6 said...

Beautiful card Vicki, the paper is so pretty and the image is stunning.

Jennifer :)

happiness blooms said...

ooooo' this is PRETTY!!!!

Nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the soft colors you used.

Pearl Maple said...

Beautiful, great image and color combination. Thanks for sharing the tip on where to find the cupcakes.

Country Liv . . . said...

You know, Ms Vicki, that it simply amazes me how much artistic talent you have sequestered in that tiny little body! Oops! That's right, you aren't an elf, are you? Well, you still amaze me.

Gorgeous card!

Have a loving weekend.
Hugs,
Liv

PS: Miss Rose shared with me the link to purchase the botanicals by Crafty Secrets but I wasn't willing to pay over $5 shipping for one $6 booklet! Can you hear me peeping: 'cheap, cheap, cheap' as I suffer along without them? LOL! HL or Mike's should have them soon!

Tami said...

This card is so pretty. I really LOVE your blog. thanks.

Viv (VivLyn) said...

This card is utterly gorgeous! Love the softness, the colors, the image...oh heck, I love it all!! Perfect!!

Eva said...

I have given you an award! It is on my Blog:
http://eva-minabilder.blogspot.com/2008/05/sweet-home-blogger-award.html

: ) Eva (Sweden)

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

So beautiful! Love the soft colors and the image!